Past Era Champion Selector

Ansh_AAnsh_A Member Posts: 582 ★★★
Need help deciding on a past era champion for my roster. This is with reference to bundle 13 of the bauble event. Narrowed it down to 3 options:

1. Hercules - awaken with 6* generic and then pump 20 sig stones. Will eventually get to 200.
2. Kitty Pryde - awaken with 6* generic and then pump 20 sig stones. Will eventually get to 200.
3. Doctor Doom - hold my 6* ag till later.

Reasoning:
1. I have a 5* max sig Hercules as part of my primary team. He carried me through uncollected, cavalier and thronebreaker. There has always been a Hercules in my team.
2. I have never had a Kitty Pryde ranked up in time. Her 3* and 4* versions came by the time i had already moved to the next level. I have Tigra as awakened and r3 but she takes a backseat to Rintrah. With Kitty, i can bring her back for content. My mutant roster is weaker than cosmic with only Red Mags, Bishop and Toad ranked. Cosmic has Hulkling, Venom, Odin and CGR already.
3. Doctor Doom was fully ranked as 3* and 4* and first champ to carry me through content. Been opening crystals only to get him. As a result, got Rintrah, Juggernaut, Tigra, Dragon Man Sorcerer Supreme, Symbiote Supreme and Diablo. Mystic is my strongest class now.

I am leaning towards Herc or Kitty as a result and going against my favourite champ (Doom).

Any suggestions?

Past Era Champion Selector 100 votes

Kitty Pryde
8%
Halleymikeimp123Superstar_1126Vijay_33SlayinAliveResternboy32Mohammad07Sherlock1940 8 votes
Doctor Doom
19%
Hort4evilKINGwilsonMhd20034Gurgismashcaptain_rogersLeoZedSpideyFunkoThePredator1001abamMediumsYappsLickyManbatnYogesh_123Elite13MasterAThe_1140bigger_daddyJswishKnightOfTheRealm 19 votes
Hercules
73%
FreakydCaptain_007_Caprice88FrankWhiteNoıreBluestoneJosh51700Qaisurrcm2017anggafkSandPounderMerdsuperSCP1504_Sham_Montano18OGAvengerkubricknolanKRANꓘPowerofpain1001Sarvanga1_ 73 votes

Comments

• AxewAxew Member Posts: 620 ★★★★
    Hercules
    Herc is the best choice for progression, but the best advice is to choose who you enjoy. If you really like doom, pick him.
  • HalleyHalley Member Posts: 444 ★★
    Kitty Pryde
    Kitty will help you to make Mutant roster better
  • evilKINGwilsonevilKINGwilson Member Posts: 214
    Doctor Doom
    Just get Doom ....you know you want him! He can do many horrible things, and hes the meanest SOB in the contest👿
  • IryseIryse Member Posts: 498 ★★★
    Hercules
    Hercules has three main advantages according to me over Doom:

1. Regens on bleed instead of losing health making suicide friendly overtime
    2. Second wind in case you mess up saves you units to revive
    3. unblockable immortality and continuous barrage of hits and sp might change the whole win loss situation out of nowhere
  • IryseIryse Member Posts: 498 ★★★
    Hercules
    P.S. I have both Herc and Doom at r5 and both are their best.
  • BeastDadBeastDad Member Posts: 1,796 ★★★★★
    Hercules
    The only option
  • Mknight123Mknight123 Member Posts: 278 ★★★
    If I could afford the selector I would get longshot as he is my favourite champ, but if I had to go with a god tier champ it would be herc or doom.
  • ShadowstrikeShadowstrike Member Posts: 3,110 ★★★★★

If I could afford the selector I would get longshot as he is my favourite champ, but if I had to go with a god tier champ it would be herc or doom.

Well he's definitely part of the selectors so it looks like you can finally get your longshot
  • Mknight123Mknight123 Member Posts: 278 ★★★

Well he's definitely part of the selectors so it looks like you can finally get your longshot
    Would love to mate but Im trying to be completely F2P and the baubles from free to play isn't enough for the selector, but I may have to break my F2P and get that longshot😳😳
  • LexSaviLexSavi Member Posts: 216
    Hercules
    TBH I was really surprised Kabam gave an option to just straight pick Hercules, and even Kitty for that matter. Given that they essentially said both champs are broken, and wouldn’t get released and/or would be nerfed if they were released now, I’d expect they’d want to avoid letting anyone have a 100% chance of pulling either.

I’ve been chasing Herc forever, so he’s a no brainer choice for me.
  • OGAvengerOGAvenger Member Posts: 1,131 ★★★★★
    Hercules
    Hercules is always the right answer
  • willrun4adonutwillrun4adonut Member Posts: 4,132 ★★★★★
    Hercules
    Even though I actually use doom more, when you need a Herc, you need a Herc.
  • captain_rogerscaptain_rogers Member Posts: 8,085 ★★★★★
    Doctor Doom
    They all are best but doom is insanely fun to play
  • ThePredator1001ThePredator1001 Member Posts: 779 ★★★★
    Doctor Doom
    Hercules is the best but since you have a max 5* I’d go with doom, he’s my most used champ. He just counters so much, and the control he has over the fight makes him a joy to play
  • The_1140The_1140 Member Posts: 46
    edited April 2023
    Doctor Doom

Would love to mate but Im trying to be completely F2P and the baubles from free to play isn't enough for the selector, but I may have to break my F2P and get that longshot😳😳
    I broke f2p already in this event
  • The_1140The_1140 Member Posts: 46
    edited April 2023
    Doctor Doom
    Also doom is superior to all, other than galan cgr and warlock that is :smile:
  • KnightOfTheRealmKnightOfTheRealm Member Posts: 947 ★★★
    edited April 2023
    Doctor Doom
    Iryse said:

Hercules has three main advantages according to me over Doom:

1. Regens on bleed instead of losing health making suicide friendly overtime
    2. Second wind in case you mess up saves you units to revive
    3. unblockable immortality and continuous barrage of hits and sp might change the whole win loss situation out of nowhere

I agree with the first one, for a suicides user, Hercules is definitely better.
    However, I disagree with the second one. It’s almost impossible to crit doom, and his aura provides resist and an overpowered safeguard against special and heavy attacks. Doom is significantly safer than herc for that reason. Additionally, anything that reduces ability accuracy like assassin mastery fully shuts down Herc’s safety net.
    I disagree with the third one. Doom can launch unblockable specials at about three times the rate herc can, with his great power steal and mystic dispersion (although not needed). If there is a special spamming champ in the game, it’s definitely doom.

In addition to those, there are two huge advantages doom has over herc, and those are defensive value and battlegrounds prominence. Doom’s a very good defender, with being able to resist specials, fire unblockable specials that destroy you if you mess up a dex, being able to heavy you if he nullifies a buff through contact (when aura is on) or if a buff is nullified in a different way. He also has the insane crit resistance mentioned earlier. Overall a very tanky champ. And as for battlegrounds, I would say that doom and herc are about tied on offense, neither are all that fast but both typically finish with very high health. However, a doom draft is objectively better than a herc draft in BGs because he is able to perform as a great attacker and defender, while herc is only a good attacker.
    Doom also has significantly higher prestige and is a better war attacker because he is much safer.

Overall, I think doom is a better champ than herc, but herc is a better attacker than doom.

(I have both of these champs at rank four sig 200 as six stars)
  • Ironman3000Ironman3000 Member Posts: 1,941 ★★★★★
    Hercules
    Get Herc, use him to clear Carina's 3 and get a r5.
  • JefechutaJefechuta Member Posts: 1,212 ★★★★
    Hercules
    Already have Kitty and Doom, so Herc, AG and 200 sigs immediately, and then going to do Carina Challenges
  • NastyPhishNastyPhish Member Posts: 583 ★★★
    Don’t sleep on the CGR