**KNOWN AW ISSUE**
Please be aware, there is a known issue with Saga badging when observing the AW map.
The team have found the source of the issue and will be updating with our next build.
We apologize for the inconvenience.
Options

Hulking vs Hercules

BabyMiikeBabyMiike Posts: 1,182 ★★★★
So after I explore 8.2 and I'll have my first r5 and I was wondering who I should get to r5
Hulking or Hercules both amazing champs

Comments

• Options
    Elite13Elite13 Posts: 184
    Hulkling!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  • Options
    Emilia90Emilia90 Posts: 2,551 ★★★★★
    While I think Herc is better, Hulkling is amazing too and I find him more fun to play. He’s also a better BGs champ and I think he’d be awesome at r5. Can’t go wrong with either!
  • Options
    BabyMiikeBabyMiike Posts: 1,182 ★★★★
    edited April 2023

I am sorry for your complete lack of good options, LOL.

Tough call. I think I would go with Herc first, but there is no wrong answer here.

These are my options

• Options
    Elite13Elite13 Posts: 184
    Hulkling!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  • Options
    BigBusterBigBuster Posts: 292 ★★★
    Hulkling. Herc is more for questing/AQ/and stuff (even though he is very solid in BGs). The rank 5 is more important in PvP modes and Hulkling is dominant there.
  • Options
    JinxesaxeJinxesaxe Posts: 411 ★★★
    edited April 2023
    BabyMiike said:

So after I explore 8.2 and I'll have my first r5 and I was wondering who I should get to r5

BabyMiike,

Hulkling would give you more bang for your buck (or your catalysts)

I prefer his kit over Hercules. I know he’ll be my first cosmic r5!

But you must remember to choose who you’ll use most! Can’t be ranking someone you won’t use!

Jinx
  • Options
    AMS94AMS94 Posts: 1,776 ★★★★★
    Both are good champs

Hercules relies more on 200 sigs than Hulkling
    Based on that I would prefer taking Hercules to R5
    Also I would want my Hercules to be doing max possible damage in that 9 sec immortality window.....that is also a case for taking him up before other cosmics

However Hulkling without a doubt is the stronger defender
  • Options
    Milan1405Milan1405 Posts: 952 ★★★★
    Hulking is better defensively, but if your opponent has a decent counter (most mystics) he will get shredded. In war defence he rarely gets a kill for me and in bgs often my opponent will have enough mystics in their deck to draft a decent counter or valk etc. Herc however is much better offensively, just look at eop etc. He's generally considered the best champ in the game for good reason. Hence, I r5ed my herc instead of hulkling. If hulkling is ur favourite champ tho then r5 him. Hell if superior iron man is ur favourite champ then r5 him even! Its only a game after all.
  • Options
    PolygonPolygon Posts: 4,007 ★★★★★
    So we just heard that Kindred will be another hard counter to Hulkling. Add that on to Absorbing Man, Rintrah, Wiccan, Tigra, etc etc and most likely even more ones in the future.

The defensive argument for Hulkling in BGs wont last for that long at this rate. One way of looking at it is to look at Peni. She use to be a monster on defense, and still is, if they dont draft a counter, but the number of counters for her are numerous.

With this in mind are we still leaning for Hulkling in this thread?

Personally if its for BG, R5 KP seems like the smarter choice over Hulkling (in regards to t6cc selectors)
  • Options
    DL864DL864 Posts: 1,089 ★★★
    I did hulkling over herc and don't regret it. I just enjoy him more in all gane modes he was my first r5.
  • Options
    BeastDadBeastDad Posts: 1,585 ★★★★★
    Hulking and then Herc next
  • Options
    Emilia90Emilia90 Posts: 2,551 ★★★★★
    Polygon said:

So we just heard that Kindred will be another hard counter to Hulkling. Add that on to Absorbing Man, Rintrah, Wiccan, Tigra, etc etc and most likely even more ones in the future.

The defensive argument for Hulkling in BGs wont last for that long at this rate. One way of looking at it is to look at Peni. She use to be a monster on defense, and still is, if they dont draft a counter, but the number of counters for her are numerous.

With this in mind are we still leaning for Hulkling in this thread?

Personally if its for BG, R5 KP seems like the smarter choice over Hulkling (in regards to t6cc selectors)

Hulkling is still a great dual use champ, but he’ll always be an offensive god so I think he’s still a smart rank up.
  • Options
    BulmktBulmkt Posts: 1,600 ★★★★
    BabyMiike said:

Hercules hands down…
  • Options
    BulmktBulmkt Posts: 1,600 ★★★★
    BabyMiike said:

Hercules hands down…

Hulking so overrated
  • Options
    KeltanKeltan Posts: 501 ★★
    If undupe Hulkling vs Herc sig 200 who to R5? This is also my dilemma 😔
  • Options
    Fit_Fun9329Fit_Fun9329 Posts: 1,898 ★★★★★
    Herc. When you mess up with hulkling you die and need to pay 40 units.

When you mess up with herc you have a huge window to win the fight anyway
  • Options
    Rohit_316Rohit_316 Posts: 3,391 ★★★★★
    edited July 2023
    You should have done a poll for this.

Anyways , i went with Herc as my 1st rank 5 over Hulkling. Hulkling no doubt is a chad and excellent 2 way champ for BGs, but man r5 Herc is the safest r5 possible and at rank 5 even Hercules is a menace in BG for defence too without a proper counter.

Hercules is better for content , AQ , as well . He is an essential to counter annoying nodes and a must in incursions .
  • Options
    Aomine_Daiki10Aomine_Daiki10 Posts: 1,643 ★★★★★
    Every Hercules should be maxed out.
  • Options
    Agent_7Agent_7 Posts: 182 ★★
    Both are extremely useful in their own way. I find the gap in usefulness between them to be quite narrow.
  • Options
    ErcarretErcarret Posts: 2,812 ★★★★★
    It all depends on what type of content you want to use them in. Hulkling is better for BG while Hercules is a questing and incursions god.
  • Options
    Manup456Manup456 Posts: 887 ★★★★
    Herc because we will probably never see a 7* Herc but Hulkling more than likely.
  • Options
    Ayden_noah1Ayden_noah1 Posts: 1,408 ★★★★
    Manup456 said:

Herc because we will probably never see a 7* Herc but Hulkling more than likely.

This is why I would choose Herc. Quake will never be a 6 or 7 star since her mechanics are OP, thus Herc will be the same. They even said if they had the rebalancing program Herc would have been nerf.