Should I explore act six

DawsManDawsMan Member Posts: 2,169 ★★★★★
I haven't explored any of act six, am wrapping up 8.2 exploration. After 8.2 I'm going to explore 7.3 and 7.4, after that however, I don't think exploring act 6 is even worth it. hercules will blas through it but there are so many paths for so few rewards.

Comments

• Deamon1337Deamon1337 Member Posts: 152 ★★
    No
  • willrun4adonutwillrun4adonut Member Posts: 4,135 ★★★★★
    Only if you have ABSOLUTELY nothing left to do.
  • ChobblyChobbly Member Posts: 937 ★★★★
    Act 6 was content I knew I had to get through to become Thronebreaker. Yes, some of the boss fights were very well designed and required planning and consideration before attempting them (as well as quite a few units to support because I'm a bit of a scrubby player).

But I can't say that I found a large chunk of my Act 6 completion 'fun' as a result. There are other things I'd rather do (EQ, SQ, bits of Incursions, BG and Arena) that attempting an explore of Act 6.
  • Banhammer_steBanhammer_ste Member Posts: 62
    Makes no sense at all to explore act 6 unless you're doing it purely for the challenge. I wish there was someway to make old content a bit more relevant which the carinas challenges do a little but not nearly enough
  • DawsManDawsMan Member Posts: 2,169 ★★★★★

Makes no sense at all to explore act 6 unless you're doing it purely for the challenge. I wish there was someway to make old content a bit more relevant which the carinas challenges do a little but not nearly enough

It would be fun to clear a quest with only four star cosmic champs. yeah I am not going to do the act unless theres nothing left to do.
  • mustgofastermustgofaster Member Posts: 92
    edited May 2023
    I'm glad I came across this thread. I was about to start exploring Act 6 the other day but have since decided to explore 7.2 and onwards.

When I previewed all the paths in 6.1.1 it reminded me of the old Act 4 hahaha.
  • ErcarretErcarret Member Posts: 2,896 ★★★★★
    I had a lot of fun exploring Act 6 after I had already explored Act 7 (and 8.1 had yet to come out). I wouldn't recommend it before exploring Act 7 (and what we have of Act 8 so far), simply because that's more fun content with better rewards. There's absolutely no reason to explore Act 6 ahead of any of that content.

However, when you have more champions at a higher rank, a lot of the pain points of Act 6 go away and the more enjoyable aspects of the Act shines through. The general nerf a while back also helps, of course.