**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.

DOT update?

There are a bunch of different DOT debuffs and passives in mcoc:

Incinerate deals energy damage, removes perfect block chance, and reduces block proficiency by 50%
Poison deals direct damage and reduces regeneration effects by 30%.
Coldsnap deals energy damage and prevents evade.
Frostbite deals energy damage and is a passive effect.
Rupture deals physical damage.
Plasma deals energy damage.
Bleed deals direct damage.
Degen deals direct damage.
Shock deals energy damage.

First, would you like to see additional effects added to these DOT abilities, like the fully fleshed-out description for incinerate?

Or, would you like to keep the game simple and stay with the current descriptions?
Curious to see what people think.

Comments

• ItsDamienItsDamien Posts: 5,626 ★★★★★
    Bleed also bypasses resistances IIRC
  • AverageDesiAverageDesi Posts: 5,260 ★★★★★
    edited May 2023
    ItsDamien said:

Not exactly . It just is a different damage type. Same with poison. You need to be specifically resistant to those damage types

Nick fury has an ability that ignores physical resist if the opponent is bleeding
  • CyborgNinja135CyborgNinja135 Posts: 1,108 ★★★★

ItsDamien said:

It doesn't . It just is a different damage type. Same with poison. You need to be specifically resistant to those damage types

Nick fury has an ability that ignores physical resist if the opponent is bleeding
    They're referring to physical and energy resistance. Both bleed and poison deal direct damage unless the champion is resistant to bleed or poison, which are not base stats.

ItsDamien said:

It doesn't . It just is a different damage type. Same with poison. You need to be specifically resistant to those damage types

They're referring to physical and energy resistance. Both bleed and poison deal direct damage unless the champion is resistant to bleed or poison, which are not base stats.
    I know that's not what they said. Just giving more info. Most champs at base stats don't have have any energy or physical resistance (26 and 19) and many have negative values (8 and 17).

They don't deal direct damage . Just damage of those specific types.
  • BanannaPandaBanannaPanda Posts: 103
    I’m still confused on how plasma works sometimes. They say it’s classified as having the properties of incernerate and shock, but that doesn’t to work with nodes like shock vulnerability and such
  • LeoZedLeoZed Posts: 653 ★★★

There are a bunch of different DOT debuffs and passives in mcoc:

Incinerate deals energy damage, removes perfect block chance, and reduces block proficiency by 50%
    Poison deals direct damage and reduces regeneration effects by 30%.
    Coldsnap deals energy damage and prevents evade.
    Frostbite deals energy damage and is a passive effect.
    Rupture deals physical damage.
    Plasma deals energy damage.
    Bleed deals direct damage.
    Degen deals direct damage.
    Shock deals energy damage.

First, would you like to see additional effects added to these DOT abilities, like the fully fleshed-out description for incinerate?

Or, would you like to keep the game simple and stay with the current descriptions?
    Curious to see what people think.

Torch's incinerates reverse healing. So do his nova flames but to a lesser extent

I’m still confused on how plasma works sometimes. They say it’s classified as having the properties of incernerate and shock, but that doesn’t to work with nodes like shock vulnerability and such

Plasma has the properties of shock and incinerates for the champions personal kit.. and does the secondary properties of incinerates. But the nodes specifically require shock or incinerate
  • PrentexPrentex Posts: 290
    I always thought Abomination should instead of poison have a new radiation debuff or passive, with the nuclear hazard symbol

So radiation could be a new DOT, not sure how many characters this would apply to from the comics?
  • CassyCassy Posts: 1,071 ★★★
    There are so much more specific dot.

Omega Red spores
    Domino failed ability
    Magik limbo
    Ibom acid burn
    Powerburn abilitys like Penny, warlock etc.
    And kinda void

And i guess i still missed some.
  • SammyDeSammyDe Posts: 886 ★★★
    Diablo has a synergy to make his poison passive. Does that count as a different DOT?

What about AA’s neurotoxin?

I personally feel like the more different DOT and nodes, the more likely we will have more bugs. 🐜 🐛
  • UnOriginalUnOriginal Posts: 727 ★★★
    Do not forget critical bleed (and poison with hawkeye+tigra) nobody mencioned It yet
  • ItsyaboyStephy05ItsyaboyStephy05 Posts: 128 ★★

Do not forget critical bleed (and poison with hawkeye+tigra) nobody mencioned It yet

In her deep dive, Moon Dragon also has a critical incinerate on her special 3. Think she's the first one to have this?
  • Señor DudeSeñor Dude Posts: 67
    Cassy said:

There are so much more specific dot.

Omega Red spores
    Domino failed ability
    Magik limbo
    Ibom acid burn
    Powerburn abilitys like Penny, warlock etc.
    And kinda void

And i guess i still missed some.

I'll add some more:
    Acid Burn
    Dark Tide
    Disentegration
    Sabotage(?)
    Petrify(?)
    Spirit Venom (Reskin of poison)
    Power Leech
    Fear of the Void
    Feedback
    Any debuff when Mister Negative is awakened
    Rock Field
    Paralytic Poison (Reskin of poison)
    Siphon Burn
  • UnOriginalUnOriginal Posts: 727 ★★★

In her deep dive, Moon Dragon also has a critical incinerate on her special 3. Think she's the first one to have this?
    I think but incinetare is a more common skill abillity than posión so i can,t be sure