**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.
Options

Bring back defender kills please.

21ypfegv4nm4.png

No way we should have lost this war with 21 more defense kills and only a 206 rating deficit. I know we aren’t the only ones that this has happened to. Defender kills should be part of the equation for who wins.

Comments

• Options
    ConnectConnect Posts: 197
    In our alliance we have retired from doing wars just before they updated it.

Hearing all the complaints regarding it, I’m too glad to skip it.

More hassle than enjoyment in my opinion
  • Options
    Ethans8279Ethans8279 Posts: 129
    They won't. They need ppl spending units on AW.
  • Options
    xNigxNig Posts: 7,249 ★★★★★
    I used to agree with you, OP.

But after some wars now, I realize it doesn’t matter that much. 91 kills could have been just someone using level 1 revives to take down a Magik, to deal as much damage as they can before she limbos.

What I’m saying is Defender Kills are very largely inflated nowadays given that there’s no penalty for dying.

Personally I do the same as I stock up on level 1 revives from the loyalty store. If need be, I’ll just use a level 1 revive, revive my whole team at 350 life, deal as much damage as I can, then revive the whole team again. It’s essentially free to do so as loyalty is a currency that comes free.

If defender kills counted, I would have revived, potted up, and cleared the node nonetheless, and instead of having say, 6-8 kills on that node, you’ll get 1. Understand my point?

I’m not saying not having defender kills is bad, but a lot of people are misguided on what it means. What you see on that row is most likely an over-inflated number of kills, that, under the old system, might not have been the case. This ultimately means you might not win the war through defender kills.

All in all, I’d prefer defender kills not being counted as it’s really cheaper to clear nodes compared to before.
  • Options
    DongowarriorDongowarrior Posts: 94
    Personally i liked the defender kills. It was a good way to determine whether the champs you put into AW were actually effective.

But at the same time, i can see what @xNig means. In some ways it helps a team of lower rating make a bit more of an effort against a stronger alliance, as they aren't worrying about throwing away easy points to the opposition.

Maybe a halfway point between the two would be nice. For example, in AQ there are three tiers to the run. Some would say easy, medium and tougher fights. So in AW, Each tier would give defender points as follows.

Defender kills would be worth more in tier 1 as this is the easier tier and therefore you would expect your defense champs to be killed with relative ease. However, if one of your champs does get a kill in the early stages, this is a big victory for your team as the opposition are already having to use items or potentially change tactics.

It would be the opposite for Tier 3 (Boss section), where in the defenders points per kill is less as your team would expect to get defender kills in this part of AW. The opposition will also be more likely to revive champs etc.

Overall, a change needs to be made somewhere as AW doesn't seem like the challenge it once was.
  • Options
    That’s the whole point though. You say a lower alliance would try more since they aren’t worried about throwing defender kills to them but they already lost before it started. Assuming both sides clear 100%, which happens more often than not, every war is now determined by rating.