Apocalypse interaction in 8.2.1

Drago_von_DragoDrago_von_Drago Member Posts: 797 ★★★★
Can someone help explain what I’m missing? I’m doing the Henchman path in 8.2.1. Villain champs should purify the petrify debuffs when they get a fury and all champs get a fury when parrrying. The fury is working for everyone and the purify is working for all villains I’ve used except Apocalypse. I’ve taken him against Gladiator Hulk and Tigra and he’s not purifying the debuffs from their SP1 when I parry and trigger the fury. Other villain champs are purifying when I take them into these two fights so it seems to be working for everyone except Apocalypse.

What interaction am I missing that would only impact Apocalypse? Every other #villain I’ve used is purifying 100% of the time when the fury triggers.

I’m not running any points in pacify.

Nodes:

Comments

• MaratoxMaratox Member Posts: 1,596 ★★★★★
    Apoc inflicts the defender with -100% purify ability accuracy. The henchman node is therefore being shut down as it’s considered a defender ability.
  • Drago_von_DragoDrago_von_Drago Member Posts: 797 ★★★★
    So in this case passively purifying a debuff on the attacker is being impacted by reducing the defender’s ability accuracy?

I know there are weird interactions like that but in this case I don’t see how the passive purify for the attacker would be tied to the defender’s ability accuracy.

So in this case passively purifying a debuff on the attacker is being impacted by reducing the defender’s ability accuracy?

I know there are weird interactions like that but in this case I don’t see how the passive purify for the attacker would be tied to the defender’s ability accuracy.

Nodes are considered defender abilities. Even though it impacts/benefits the attacker, if wouldn’t be able to happen without the node. If the node was worded how it was coded it would say something like this: “when the attacker triggers a fury buff, the defender will purify all debuffs off the attacker.” But that’s too wordy so they just went with how it’s written.
  • Drago_von_DragoDrago_von_Drago Member Posts: 797 ★★★★
    If that’s accurate I don’t think it’s too wordy to make it clear. The node language says #villain attackers purify debuffs. Apoc’s description says he reduces his opponent’s purify ability accuracy. In this case it is preventing his own purify ability.

If it’s intended that he is preventing his own purification ability from a node it seems like the language could be adjusted to make it clear that the defender is purifying the attacker’s debuffs.

The interaction doesn’t fit the current language in the node and his description. They are both clear in who should be impacted. If nodes are always coded as defender abilities that seems like a big distinction that should be clarified in node language.

If that’s accurate I don’t think it’s too wordy to make it clear. The node language says #villain attackers purify debuffs. Apoc’s description says he reduces his opponent’s purify ability accuracy. In this case it is preventing his own purify ability.

If it’s intended that he is preventing his own purification ability from a node it seems like the language could be adjusted to make it clear that the defender is purifying the attacker’s debuffs.

The interaction doesn’t fit the current language in the node and his description. They are both clear in who should be impacted. If nodes are always coded as defender abilities that seems like a big distinction that should be clarified in node language.

It is not preventing apoc’s purify ability accuracy because it’s not his ability. It’s the defender’s that they gain from the node. The wording may read like it’s based on apoc’s ability accuracy, but it’s well known that node’s are defender abilities and not abilities of the attacker.