Which do you think will be the Next Milestone Progression Requirement

TheExit27TheExit27 Member Posts: 710 ★★★
With 7-stars out now and the ability to rank them up to rank 2 already, I’m a little hesitant to rank up 6-stars to rank 5 (or even 4). Sure, certain champs will probably never be available as 7-stars (*cough* Quake *cough* Hercules), so some champs should be maxed out as 6-stars. The rank up materials are the same (with slightly larger quantities) to take up a 6-star to rank 5 and 7-stars to rank 2, which can create a bit of a dilemma depending on your crystal opening luck. But I’m thinking ahead. Kabam has a tendency to create new milestone progression titles before big spending events. In fairness, I have no idea how long down the road the next one will be. The story quests are always doable (depending on your skill and roster), but champion rankings are not so easy to do. Sometimes it takes a long time to acquire a rank 3 6-star or 3 rank 4 6-stars… some players in my Alliance are stuck because of this (especially being free-to-play). I would like to be prepared for the next milestone progression title (being Paragon already), but I can only guess as to what its champion requirements will be. I know our votes won’t determine what it WILL be, but I’m curious to see what you all think. And it would be awesome if anyone from the Kabam team can give us a hint so that those of us who care can plan out our rosters better. It would be aggravating to rank up a bunch of 6-stars to rank 5 when the requirement is actually having 2 rank 2 7-stars. So let me know what you think. And, Kabam, you are free to join in on the conversation.

Which do you think will be the Next Milestone Progression Requirement 109 votes

X amount of Rank 5 6-Stars
22%
bhuv9191TV_Addict_2017bassalaSyndicatedXSquadPemulaHavanaknightMidnite93captain_rogersCtfz35Thoye3Abhinandan_9Bawa69RenaxqqZanyDruid0702BeastDadMikeymonstesDaBigGubGubSpaceCorpSlayinAlive 24 votes
X amount of Rank 2 7-Stars
70%
danielmathSnizzbarMagicBentonCrimsonXChaosBlackfriar63Trivium69FrankWhiteLongshot_33CassyJosh51700kikiFurieuxGarloRasiloverpseudosaneKerneasLiquidkoldMigginslyIndioSkay1984pine_aplleFloorKiller 77 votes
No Champion Requirement Needed
7%
DL864BluestoneSandeepSChriissRAomine_Daiki10NortherehGeneralMerceNeil_is_awsome 8 votes

Comments

• ReignkingTWReignkingTW Member Posts: 2,774 ★★★★★
    Sorry, needs spacing...
  • TheExit27TheExit27 Member Posts: 710 ★★★

,some of us are tired of all the bugs and AI nonsense we just wanna relax and play a bug free game..this talk of "next progression" title yet the game is almost unplayable isn't what we need currently.

I don’t know what possessed you to even read this post if that’s how you feel. This game will always have bugs. So either play it as is and post complaints (or chime in with others’ complaints in their posts) or stop playing the game altogether.

This post is about a future progression title and what might be needed to obtain it. You may not want to talk about it, but believe it or not it’s coming regardless. We all play through the imperfections of this game, and I imagine we all have some sort of strategy with our resources. If you don’t, you wasted your time reading this post… AND my response to your comment.

In the future, can everyone commenting on this post please keep it relevant to the topic. This isn’t a post for complaining about the game, but one to see where the player-base thinks the requirements will be for future milestone progression. Thank you.
  • JChanceH9JChanceH9 Member Posts: 852 ★★★
    Rank 3 7*
    Searmenis said:

JChanceH9 said:

Rank 3 7*

Two of them.
    That would suck.
  • Manup456Manup456 Member Posts: 891 ★★★★
    Paragon lvl players are just getting things specific to that progression lvl most stuff was Thronebreaker for a long time. We won’t see the next progression lvl until act 9 and it will probably be similar to Paragon so act 8 completion and 3x r2 or r3 7* champs hopefully not 3 r4 7* but who knows we have a long way to go for that.
  • Qwerty12345Qwerty12345 Member Posts: 835 ★★★★
    It will probably be some number of 7 star R3s + finishing all of Act 8.

As for the game's progression, I hope we don't see R3s until there are many, many more 8 stars available, including at least half of the top champions. There are very few champs in the current pool I expect to have interest in 12-18 months from now when r3s are the thing, and given how scarce r2 materials are, I'd much rather polish the top 10-12 6 star champions that aren't going to be 7 stars any time soon, and if maybe 1 of them were to sneak through... then great, I will gladly use two (at least until r4s are a thing, and this thread is 4 years old, and half of us are no longer playing).

Maybe when new champs get 7 star arena / pre-release bundles / are available in titan crystals I'll sing a different tune... but for now... my focus will be on on r5ing the top ~5% of champs, especially those that require a high sig.
  • DNA3000DNA3000 Member, Guardian Posts: 19,355 Guardian

,some of us are tired of all the bugs and AI nonsense we just wanna relax and play a bug free game..this talk of "next progression" title yet the game is almost unplayable isn't what we need currently.

Actually, I've been contemplating what the next progression tier requirements are going to be for quite some time now. There's a lot of different possibilities, and because I play the game strategically, I'm trying to cover the highest probability bases now.

It isn't likely to happen for a while, but top tier rank ups also take, well, a while, at least for me. At the moment, I believe in order of likelihood the next tier will require (at least in terms of roster):

a) some small amount of 7* R3s
    b) some small amount of 7* R2s
    c) some combination of 6* R5s and/or 7* R2s

Given where I am in the game and how fast I can earn rank up materials, I'm going to be focusing catalysts on 7r2s that I would be willing to take to r3 (i.e. Domino), at least for the foreseeable future, and assuming I possess the right 7* champs to rank up (I believe I am more likely to earn the right 7s faster than I will be earning R2 materials, so I'm unlikely to get stuck).

I'm never not thinking about the future. Not everyone plays like that, but I suspect some non-trivial number of players do.
    DNA3000 said:

Actually, I've been contemplating what the next progression tier requirements are going to be for quite some time now. There's a lot of different possibilities, and because I play the game strategically, I'm trying to cover the highest probability bases now.

It isn't likely to happen for a while, but top tier rank ups also take, well, a while, at least for me. At the moment, I believe in order of likelihood the next tier will require (at least in terms of roster):

a) some small amount of 7* R3s
    b) some small amount of 7* R2s
    c) some combination of 6* R5s and/or 7* R2s

Given where I am in the game and how fast I can earn rank up materials, I'm going to be focusing catalysts on 7r2s that I would be willing to take to r3 (i.e. Domino), at least for the foreseeable future, and assuming I possess the right 7* champs to rank up (I believe I am more likely to earn the right 7s faster than I will be earning R2 materials, so I'm unlikely to get stuck).

I'm never not thinking about the future. Not everyone plays like that, but I suspect some non-trivial number of players do.
    I do. And I appreciate your deep thoughts on this. Thank you. It would be interesting if Kabam went with possibility “c”, but you never know.
  • TyEdgeTyEdge Member Posts: 3,094 ★★★★★
    The next progression tier is the first one where resources will be shared.

TB required a 6r3. At the time, that was the only place to use them.

Paragon required 6r4. Nowhere to use t6 or t3 otherwise.

Now t6cc is the endgame resource but it can go two different places. Paragon hit in Spring of 2022. TB was fall 2020. Maybe we get something new Fall 2023 around the time 8.3 drops?