Do you have spammy thumbs?

PlayinLikeaRookiePlayinLikeaRookie Member Posts: 22
I think I used spammy in the correct context…

Anyway; do you and how did you fix it?

Examples:
1- When doing a 5 hitter I will tap my thumb no less than 9 times and hope I slide on the tenth for the medium. I’ve tried practicing with that and the other combos, MM, MLM, MLLL but my rhythm is just all awkward.
2- Dexing an energy special is so painful for me because of the issue above. I either nail it on accident or get slapped in the cabbage. Sometimes I’ll get spammy, dex it at the beginning and then dex my way back into it by the end.

Is this because of my ADHD and I just have to adapt?

Anybody?

Comments

• SummonerNRSummonerNR Member, Guardian Posts: 12,294 Guardian
    Dexing shouldn’t be intermixed with your attack taps/swipes.
    But indeed, slower projectile attacks by defender can be trickier to Dex, especially for the real-slow energy projectiles (that your Dex can basically outrun the energy, and seems like it could then catch back up with you again and “appear” to potentially hit you twice).

——
    As for attack, Swipe followed immediately by a continuous rapid tapping. You just have to visually see what would be the 3rd Light attack animation and then switch to do just a single/final Swipe during that prior Light's animation.

The input system will “queue/buffer” up a next input, so that you don’t actually have to wait in between every hit and try to time exactly for ONLY doing 1 Swipe, 3 Taps, and 1 Swipe.
    Could be Swipe/Tap/Tap/Tap/Tap/Tap/Tap/Tap/Tap/Tap/Tap/Tap/Tap (even though only 3 Light attacks will take place), and then during that 3rd Light animation you finish with queue'ing up your final Swipe.

So (I believe) even if you have continued to queue up another Tap (from rapid-fire tapping), so long as that 3rd Light attack is still going (or at least, has just begun), you can then do your ending Swipe and that would get queue'd up in place of any rapid-fire tap that might initially have been queue'd up for your final hit. Only 1 input (the most recent) is held in the Queue/Buffer for the next attack.