**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.
Options

Thoughts on Cassie/ Ant-Man future rebalancing

ShadowstrikeShadowstrike Posts: 3,089 ★★★★★
edited June 2023 in General Discussion
https://forums.playcontestofchampions.com/en/discussion/337614/cassie-lang-and-ant-man-future-balancing-updates#latest

So no changes to Cassie and they're going to address the bugs that have been affecting Ant-Man future since his release as well as tweak the existing kit to optimize his performance.

No other Buffs/ Reworks announced.

Thoughts?

Comments

• Options
    Emilia90Emilia90 Posts: 1,799 ★★★★★
    I’m happy with it. Cassie is already great and FAM was already amazing. I actually didn’t realize the FAM thing so this’ll be a nice addition to his defensive prowess
  • Options
    FurrymoosenFurrymoosen Posts: 2,225 ★★★★★
    It’s interesting that they are tuning down the original design in FAM’s kit, but because they’re fixing a bug he will already be getting better than he currently exists so I’m okay with it.
  • Options
    Secret_GamerSecret_Gamer Posts: 348 ★★
    edited June 2023
    I'm surprised there is not a mention of fixing Cassie's animation bugs (missing while large etc.), even though those are more well known that FAM's bugs.
  • Options
    PandingoPandingo Posts: 718 ★★★
    Yo. I have em both r4 sig 200 already because I love them so much. Much love on any benefits recieved
  • Options
    AverageDesiAverageDesi Posts: 5,260 ★★★★★
    They haven't mentioned anything about her taunt being ridiculously strong
  • Options
    ChobblyChobbly Posts: 845 ★★★★

Honestly I just wanted another buff

I appreciate the focus that the rebalancing gives, but yeah I know what you mean. It would have been nice if they could have squeezed in a mini-buff or numbers-only change to an older chap somehow.
  • Options
    psp742psp742 Posts: 2,310 ★★★★
    I thought Mantis was going to get a buff..
  • Options
    Cyborg17Cyborg17 Posts: 114
    Next month
  • Options
    PikoluPikolu Posts: 6,669 Guardian
    Fryday said:

Is there any futher information on fixing Cassie's heavy animation and missing hit problem?

It is something that is on Kabams radar, but they don't have anything further to share about it. I imagine it is probably a very complex issue.
  • Options
    KerneasKerneas Posts: 3,741 ★★★★★
    I surely didn't expect them to buff FAM. I look forward to trying him out myself
  • Options
    BitterSteelBitterSteel Posts: 9,254 ★★★★★
    Corkscrew said:

xLunatiXx said:

So now we're going through beta testing for bug fixing ?
    Sounds like a cover up for lack of buff if you ask me

The fixing of this bug buffs Ant Man’s tankiness fairly significantly both on offence and defence. It could make him a nightmare to face on defence, and could make him too strong on offence.

We as the community often complain kabam don’t test things enough, we can’t have it both ways when they decide to test things more.
    Complaining about not enough testing and complaining about having testing while a champ is already live, in the wild and having resources pumped into him isn't contradictory.

The balancing program is supposed to allow them to evaluate a champ when the champ is working as intended. He's not working as intended. Reality is that he should have been tested more before release, then the second complaint wouldn't happen.
    We don’t live in a perfect world, but we can all try and be realistic about it.

Bugs do happen, and they suck. But when they happen, you’ve got to ask what the best thing to do about it is.

This bug fix will buff future ant man on defence. Let’s say that hypothetically, this buff makes him horrific to deal with on defence.

Would you rather Kabam pump it live to the game this second, so you dealing with him in war next war, or the next BG match you face him he kicks your butt and costs you resources, costs you in important BG game, or an important war?

Of course, the easiest answer is “well it should have been fixed before”. But it wasn’t. And I think a lot of people could take a second to appreciate the complexities of champ design, and the man hours available to the team.

This bug is pretty small on the whole, I saw people in the CCP respond to this saying “really?” in response to finding out about it. People who have used high ranked Ant Man’s (men?) in high tier war.

So if some players haven’t spotted it after Ant Man has been out for months, just take a second to think about how difficult it would have been to spot for a few people in a team, furiously working to make sure the champion isn’t broken in a million other ways, in a million other interactions with champions, nodes, synergies etc.

I know it’s really easy to spot the one bug that snuck through and say it should have been fixed before, but you don’t see the hundreds of bugs fixed during his design and testing phase.

So overall, try and be a little more understanding of this complex game we have. And try and appreciate them dealing with one small bug that will make him more difficult to fight by testing it on a beta first. I think it’s a good precedent to set going forward.
  • Options
    CorkscrewCorkscrew Posts: 532 ★★★

We don’t live in a perfect world, but we can all try and be realistic about it.

Bugs do happen, and they suck. But when they happen, you’ve got to ask what the best thing to do about it is.

Of course, the easiest answer is “well it should have been fixed before”. But it wasn’t. And I think a lot of people could take a second to appreciate the complexities of champ design, and the man hours available to the team.
    So overall, try and be a little more understanding of this complex game we have. And try and appreciate them dealing with one small bug that will make him more difficult to fight by testing it on a beta first. I think it’s a good precedent to set going forward.

As someone that has worked in software for decades, from all aspects including coding, project management and support of software designed as a product and bespoke for clients.... bugs do happen. The fact that when content drops and someone gets jammed up by a bug, the community tells them they should have known better than to do it straight away speak volumes about our perception of Kabam. Kabam have convinced us that bugs are to be expected.

Looking at the support side of things, for a company that wants you on their game 24/7 and spending $$$ if they can make you, they can be very unresponsive at times. I've worked with small businesses that can offer 24/7 support if their product is advertised as 24/7 globally distributed.

Back to FAM, in a vacuum, FAM bugs could be considered minor and even in the context of the game as a whole, it's probably still minor. But if you look at Kabam's track record, when have they released anything that is devoid of bugs? e.g. objectives not counting; getting locked out of side quests; incorrect drop rates on crystals; poorly implemented AW nodes; BG nodes or the myriad of BG disconnection issues. I could go on.

So, if we have people telling Kabam that it's ok for us to expect bugs, then we can expect it to get worse.