**KNOWN AW ISSUE**
Please be aware, there is a known issue with Saga badging when observing the AW map.
The team have found the source of the issue and will be updating with our next build.
We apologize for the inconvenience.
**KNOWN BUG - SPRING OF SORROW ANNIHILUS**
Currently, Annihilus has their Signature ability erroneously set to 1 - it should be 0.

The team will be fixing this issue ASAP.

Thank you for your patience.
Options

Why there is no old champs getting buff recently other than hulk

The so called balancing program is supposed to be as minor nerfing and adding some mechanics to other champ but now kabam treating it as bug fixes. Long time ago there were 2 champ buffs each month but now its long gone

Comments

• Options
    ItsDamienItsDamien Posts: 5,626 ★★★★★

The so called balancing program is supposed to be as minor nerfing and adding some mechanics to other champ but now kabam treating it as bug fixes. Long time ago there were 2 champ buffs each month but now its long gone

That’s not anything new, they told us they were changing the buff program. When there’s nothing to change on new champs, they’ll revisiting an old champ.
  • Options
    Rahul_1423Rahul_1423 Posts: 14
    ItsDamien said:

That’s not anything new, they told us they were changing the buff program. When there’s nothing to change on new champs, they’ll revisiting an old champ.
    I wonder when there will be situation where there is nothing to change on new champ 🤦‍♂️
  • Options
    ErcarretErcarret Posts: 2,809 ★★★★★
    I mean, both OG Spidey and Iceman also got buffed recently.

All in all, I think the current system is a good one. While the balancing program gets a lot of hate, I personally think that it's good that Kabam tries to not let any subpar champions through. Making sure that the new champs are up to par makes sure there are less champions in need of a buff down the line. It's a shame that there isn't the same cadence in the buff program that we saw a few years ago (it was always a treat to see which old champions got buffed, and the current system doesn't have that magic even when we do see buffs), but I think this system is ultimately better for the game long-term.
  • Options
    Rahul_1423Rahul_1423 Posts: 14
    Ercarret said:

I mean, both OG Spidey and Iceman also got buffed recently.

All in all, I think the current system is a good one. While the balancing program gets a lot of hate, I personally think that it's good that Kabam tries to not let any subpar champions through. Making sure that the new champs are up to par makes sure there are less champions in need of a buff down the line. It's a shame that there isn't the same cadence in the buff program that we saw a few years ago (it was always a treat to see which old champions got buffed, and the current system doesn't have that magic even when we do see buffs), but I think this system is ultimately better for the game long-term.

I mean any changes thats done on champs thats ok but they treating bugs as balancing changes
  • Options
    ErcarretErcarret Posts: 2,809 ★★★★★
    They fix bugs with champs all the time without it taking up "buff time". In this case, we have a mechanic (glancing) that doesn't really do anything when it triggers. That's a bug, but the proposed fix isn't a traditional "bug fix". When glancing normally occurs in the game, it has a couple of set values. The glancing attack cannot be a critical hit, it has -100% ability accuracy and it deals 50% less damage. If they simply "fixed the bug", those would be the stats they implemented.

However, due to how Future Ant-Man currently performs, they are taking the opportunity to explore different values that make glancing less punishing when you're fighting him. Instead of 50% damage reduction, they're looking at 20%. Instead of -100% ability accuracy reduction, they're looking at -40%. That means that you'll deal 30% more damage and your abilities will trigger 60% more often when fighting him compared to how he'd function if they simply implemented glancing how it normally works in the game. They could probably just fix the bug with the normal set of values, but that has the potential to make him a nightmare to fight. What's worse is, if they just implemented the normal values and called it a day, they would have decided against rebalancing him based on faulty data since they'd have no idea how difficult he'd be to fight in his unbugged state.

In other words, they are rebalancing his glancing mechanic while they are fixing the bug, and seeing how these changes affect the champion before releasing him into the wild. They are basically both buffing and nerfing him at the same time (nerfing the buff, so to say). They are making him a much trickier defender than he is now but a much less tricky defender than he was supposed to be, and they're taking their time to make sure that they find the right balance there.

I think that's the right call in the end. They are introducing an untested variation of the glancing mechanic into the game, and I think that deserves to be tested fully before being released properly. Otherwise there can be some really gnarly consequences down the line.

I'm still bummed that there isn't a "proper" buff alongside this, but I see where Kabam's coming from and why they are treating this as much as a rebalancing as a bug fix.
  • Options
    Wu_Bangerz23Wu_Bangerz23 Posts: 886 ★★★
    I mean how "recent" are we talking ? Spiderman, Iceman, hulk, imiw have all been in this calendar year. There were a total of 11 buffs the year prior....it's a little bit behind that average, but we can't be mad that they aren't doing 2 buffs a month anymore like they used to. In 2023 the design team and champions released have arguably been kabams best work....EVER. I'm not one to ever stick up for kabam as they do all types of head scratching , player screwing bs, but this is a game that's going on 10 years old. Mobile games don't last that long.....and if they do they aren't fresh and full of new content on a monthly basis. 99% of mobile games are dead by year 5-6 and MCOC is just getting bigger and better as time goes on. There are like 260 champs in the game.....do we really need all of them to be top tier??? I'm shocked that they buff as many champs as they do. Now where I side with you......it would be so easy to at least just change some increased damage values for champs every month....you don't necessarily need change a champ to make them better and actually useable.....if champs like Dr strange, night thrasher, rogue, invisible woman just did more damage they would be much more practical in the games meta.....some champs legitimately need their damage output doubled or tripled to be relevant (Groot, iron fist, etc) and they could so easily go into the game and just change some numbers around every month to keep every champ fresh......
  • Options
    GlazzyBearGlazzyBear Posts: 134 ★★
    edited June 2023
    We are almost 9 years into the game's cycle. There are almost 250 champions with just 2 released per month now. Just kind of expected there to be a lot more changes to old champions because the game can only go on for so long... because lets be honest, like 50 or more champions need changes
  • Options
    KerneasKerneas Posts: 3,766 ★★★★★
    I love old champs reworks, but if I am to choose between balancing 2 new champs or reworking 1 old champ, I'd choose the option that ensures that the amount of unbalanced champions doesn't increase, which is balancing of 2 new champs.