To prevent exploitation, we will prevent new Accounts from being able to Gift enlistment crystals. We will also be taking action on those who are using 3rd Party Sellers, Bots and other farms to gift themselves mass amounts of Enlistment Crystals. Lastly, we will be adding an expiration timer to Enlistment Crystals. All unopened Enlistment Crystals will expire on Oct 18 @ 17:00 UTC. For more information, please see this post: https://forums.playcontestofchampions.com/en/discussion/346104/updates-to-enlistment-gifting-event
Alliance War Season 43 - Persistent Placement Phase, Extended Offseason & Temp. BG Reward Bump
We have a lot of interconnecting, exciting, Alliance War news to share with you! Starting with Alliance War Season 43, we will be introducing our Persistent Placement Phase (formally referred to as ‘Set and Forget’)! We will be removing Alliance War for two weeks to ensure a smooth feature launch. As a result, we will be adding rewards to Battlegrounds Season 9 Alliance- and Solo events (for one season only). More information on all of this below!
Persistent Placement Phase Release!
Drum roll please...
Introducing our next major Alliance War feature: the Persistent Placement Phase! This feature will launch with Alliance War Season 43 as part of our initiative to add Quality of Life improvements to the Alliance War mode.
Persistent Placement Phase Overview
The all new Persistent Placement Phase Board will be found in the War Room and will allow your Defense to persist war after war. Spend less time wrangling in Defenders from other Alliance Members, and more time thinking about how to deal with the Attack Phase! This means the Defensive Placement phase will be removed, and that the Attack Phase will be extended to 1 Day and 20 Hours.
This also means: Your defenders will no longer be locked to AW and can still be used in Solo content!
As previously mentioned, this feature implementation will require us to take down Alliance War gamemode for two weeks. For us to ensure the feature is implemented properly, we can’t have wars running at the same time without risking the gamemode’s integrity.
**Will we be releasing additional information to fully explain the feature, and how to use it, prior to its release!**
Alliance War Season 43 Timeline
Wednesday, June 14th
- Pre-Season 43 kicks off
Friday, June 23rd
- Alliance War mode will be taken down and will remain down for two weeks
Wednesday, July 12th
- Reenabling Alliance War to continue Pre-Season 43. This will run for a further two weeks of off-season and allow players to familiarize themselves with Persistent Placement Phase for the first time
Wednesday, July 26th
- Season 43 kicks off with Persistent Placement Phase active
Defense Tactic Tuning
Because we are implementing a major feature to Alliance War, we want Summoners to be able to tinker with it on familiar footing. Therefore, Alliance War Season 42’s Tactics and Nodes will persist into Season 43.
We wanted to take another opportunity to retune the previous seasons Defense Tactic to bring it to parity with the threat level of previous Defense Tactics. The new tuning numbers are as follows…
NOTE: All these changes will happen on 40.1 (July 10th)!
Attack: Armor Burn
- For each Armor up buff on the Attacker, to a max of 5, attacks burn 1% of the Defender's current mana. Knocking Down the Defender grants Attackers a 10 second armor up buff granting 0 Armor Rating. Additionally each time the Attacker Power Burns, or Drains the Defender remove 2 Prowess effects from them.
- Change: Prowess Removed from 1 -> 2
Defense: Prowess Power
Prowess Power - 1:
- Each Prowess on a #Prowess Power Defender gives them 1.0% of a Bar of Power a second, maxing at 10 Prowess. When the Defender is Struck by a Critical Hit, or Purifies a Debuff, gain a 10 second Prowess Passive increasing Special Attack Damage by 5%.
- No Change
Prowess Power - 2:
- Each Prowess on a #Prowess Power Defender gives them 2.4% of a Bar of Power a second, maxing at 10 Prowess. When the Defender is Struck by a Critical Hit, or Purifies a Debuff, gain a 10 second Prowess Passive increasing Special Attack Damage by 5%.
- Change: Power gained from 1.6%->2.4%
Prowess Power - 3:
- Each Prowess on a #Prowess Power Defender gives them 3.4% of a Bar of Power a second, maxing at 10 Prowess. When the Defender is Struck by a Critical Hit, or Purifies a Debuff, gain a 10 second Prowess Passive increasing Special Attack Damage by 5%.
- Change: Power gained from 2.0%->3.4%
Alliance War Season 43 Bans
Blacklist - Nimrod, Infamous Ironman
Whitelist - Hercules, Human Torch
Blacklist - Nimrod
Whitelist - Hercules
“But what about all our Alliance War rewards?”
We hear you! An extended downtime from Alliance War does slow the flow of rewards into Summoners’ accounts. As a result, we have made the choice to loop in additional rewards to the Battlegrounds Season 9 Alliance- and Solo Events. And, for Season 9 only, we will be opening the game mode to Conqueror level accounts! Please see the adjusted reward structure, with additions highlighted, below:
Please note, these changes will revert at the conclusion of Season 9.