**KNOWN AW ISSUE**
Please be aware, there is a known issue with Saga badging when observing the AW map.
The team have found the source of the issue and will be updating with our next build.
We apologize for the inconvenience.
Options

Generic Awakening Gem Choice

Viper198787Viper198787 Posts: 470 ★★★
I was incredibly lucky and managed to pull Hercules and Kitty Pryde. From what I’ve seen they’re both phenomenal champs. I have one generic awakening gem and am struggling on who to awaken. Who do you think is the better choice?

Generic Awakening Gem Choice 148 votes

Hercules
88%
BigPoppaCBONEdanielmathSnakeEyes69DrZolaWorld EaterPaulomotazuffySIlverProfessorManup456AjisdopeEmil_LimsonHenrytfu_41HenriqueSCCPKyunayThatGuyYouSaw235RayhanIshaqueBluestoneHendrossCassyAantho 131 votes
Kitty Pryde
11%
Spity68Ronny_living_legend_1[Deleted User]mustgofasterRIBKAZZShaqatacwillrun4adonutTinnr95KnucklesGdSuperstar_1126Marvelfan30Tinklywink5459noclutchspider_man_guy_123FinWavesgael2505 17 votes

Comments

• Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 0 ★★★★
    Kitty Pryde
    Kitty's much more difficult to get use out of than Herc, and her awakening just makes her much safer. Herc's immortality makes him quick to nuke down fights if you somehow slip up, but playing him right would mean you're rarely going to see much use out of it. Plus if you're gonna be using him in Battlegrounds, you'd be getting almost no points for health if you end up activating immortality anyways. With Kitty's awakening, you can take full Nick Fury Sp1's to the face without taking any damage, you can take any sp3, you can take full combos from Miss counters, and none of it would matter.
  • Options
    Repto23Repto23 Posts: 771 ★★★
    Hercules
    Both awakenings are very important to their kits, however I’m going Herc in this vote as he needs it to go immortal at all whereas Kitty still has a 75%(?) damage reduction while phasing unduped.
  • Options
    TrashPanda12TrashPanda12 Posts: 531 ★★★
    Hercules
    As much as I love kitty and would prefer to use her over herc any day, herc's ability is simply game changing to a whole other level.
  • Options
    XFREEDOMXXFREEDOMX Posts: 519 ★★★
    Hercules
    FinWaves said:

Id say kitty benefits more from the awakening, but either one is fine you'll likely get another generic next month if you're paragon

Tell me you are joking!
  • Options
    RasiloverRasilover Posts: 1,471 ★★★★
    Hercules
    Sig 200 herc is legit broken
  • Options
    ThatGuyYouSaw235ThatGuyYouSaw235 Posts: 3,182 ★★★★★
    Hercules
    I don't like playing Kitty, I like playing Herc. I have both 6* and awakened. Herc's just better imo.
  • Options
    Real_Madrid_76_2Real_Madrid_76_2 Posts: 3,440 ★★★★★
    Hercules
    Max sig herc is a dream come true. Ask me whom would i choose in a nexus, with two random champions and an option to get herc towards his Max sig level.
  • Options
    SammyDeSammyDe Posts: 1,002 ★★★
    Hercules
    Hercules first, unless you like to use more potions and revives. I find it hard to phase at the right time to tank a sp3 with Kitty. Sure I have done it many times but I haven’t master that yet.
  • Options
    Vegeta9001Vegeta9001 Posts: 1,535 ★★★★★
    I awoke kitty prude stupidly before opening the 6* crystal and got a mutant gem 😂
  • Options
    BulmktBulmkt Posts: 1,601 ★★★★
    Hercules
    FinWaves said:

Id say kitty benefits more from the awakening, but either one is fine you'll likely get another generic next month if you're paragon

Kitty benefits more being awakened than Herc does? What are you smoking…I want some…
  • Options
    ReignkingTWReignkingTW Posts: 2,691 ★★★★★
    Hercules
    I can't believe it isn't 100%.
  • Options
    BeastDadBeastDad Posts: 1,595 ★★★★★
    Hercules
    This isn't really questionable.
  • Options
    noclutchnoclutch Posts: 186 ★★
    Kitty Pryde
    Currently they are targeting defensive counters to Herc.
    So it depends on your roster size.
    Herc will save you lots of potions and time if you dont have required counter for a fight.

But the way kitty works, she can be one of those charcters that do very well in specific fights, while Herc is an all rounder.
  • Options
    Viper198787Viper198787 Posts: 470 ★★★
    Very enlightening. Thank you all for your input. It’s been very helpful. It looks like Herc is the clear winner.
  • Options
    BeastDadBeastDad Posts: 1,595 ★★★★★
    Hercules

Very enlightening. Thank you all for your input. It’s been very helpful. It looks like Herc is the clear winner.

Beyond clear, he is overall better. (Except as a defender)
  • Options
    ThatGuyYouSaw235ThatGuyYouSaw235 Posts: 3,182 ★★★★★
    Hercules
    FinWaves said:

Bulmkt said:

FinWaves said:

Kitty benefits more being awakened than Herc does? What are you smoking…I want some…
    Yes i think she benefits more, she gains alot more utility than herc from her awakened ability
    Not necessarily. Hercules arguably gets more utility.
  • Options
    JChanceH9JChanceH9 Posts: 852 ★★★
    Hercules
    I’ve got both as my only 2 r5. There is no question: Herc.
  • Options
    spider_man_guy_123spider_man_guy_123 Posts: 162 ★★
    Kitty Pryde

FinWaves said:

Bulmkt said:

FinWaves said:

Yes i think she benefits more, she gains alot more utility than herc from her awakened ability
    Not necessarily. Hercules arguably gets more utility.
    Key word “arguably”