**KNOWN AW ISSUE**
Please be aware, there is a known issue with Saga badging when observing the AW map.
The team have found the source of the issue and will be updating with our next build.
We apologize for the inconvenience.
Options

Fix paragon crystals drop rates

As someone who has opened a few crystals, the drop rates on paragon crystals have been worse than cavs for 6*s. Something isn't right.

Comments

• Options
    BeastDadBeastDad Posts: 1,583 ★★★★★
    Agreed something is CLEARLY wrong.
  • Options
    DemonzfyreDemonzfyre Posts: 21,476 ★★★★★
    Dalbeniw said:

As someone who has opened a few crystals, the drop rates on paragon crystals have been worse than cavs for 6*s. Something isn't right.

How many is a few to you?
  • Options
    noclutchnoclutch Posts: 186 ★★
    You know there is 0.2% chance to get 7 star from a one crystal,
    Since opening multiple crystals dont stack the chance of getting a 7star,
    Thats 99.8% chance at not getting 7star regardless of nuumber of crystals you open.
  • Options
    DL864DL864 Posts: 1,089 ★★★
    Have opened around 140 and got 1 7* ironically it was from the free ones from compensation
  • Options
    SchwarteSchwarte Posts: 48
    noclutch said:

Thats 99.8% chance at not getting 7star regardless of nuumber of crystals you open.

If you want to teach someone, you have to cumulate the percentages mathematically.
  • Options
    Ayden_noah1Ayden_noah1 Posts: 1,407 ★★★★
    edited June 2023
    I got very lucky and got all 6 new features champs, even awaken shocker and FAM from only 15 plus got a new Wolverine so don't fix the RNG yet. I'm still hunting for a new Cable and need to awaken my CGR, Kate Bishop, Cassie Lang, VIV Vision, Baron Zemo and Wolverine. After I pull all this than you can change the RNG. Also I got 2 7 stars from around 90 Paragon crystals so that's a win as well. Didn't get any 6 stars from them but hey RNG works that way sometimes.
  • Options
    SyndicatedSyndicated Posts: 613 ★★★

noclutch said:

It's a 1% chance.
    Yeah, now think in 10 crystals

Each crystal is unique chance, you still getting the same 1% chance
  • Options

noclutch said:

It's a 1% chance.
    Yeah, now think in 10 crystals

Each crystal is unique chance, you still getting the same 1% chance
    Yes? I know how drop rates work. The person I quoted said it was a 0.2% chance.
  • Options
    edited June 2023
    Well sorry for my miscalculation, That would be 100-1= 99% chance.

I guess it was a big deal.LOL
  • Options
    noclutch said:

No. That's not how drop rates work. Drop rates aren't static like that. They are a per crystal drop. Opening 100 does not guarantee you'll get one.
  • Options
    KnightOfTheRealmKnightOfTheRealm Posts: 915 ★★★
    Drop rates of the crystal are fine. I got extremely lucky with them. Others got terrible luck. It's literally fully random, stop trying to create conspiracy theories out of nothing. You would not be saying this if you were in my position and had gotten three 7*s out of twenty crystals.
  • Options

noclutch said:

No. That's not how drop rates work. Drop rates aren't static like that. They are a per crystal drop. Opening 100 does not guarantee you'll get one.
    Exactly
  • Options
    HSS75HSS75 Posts: 1,161 ★★★
    you decided to gamble by opening them , it's RNG all the way
  • Options
    AverageDesiAverageDesi Posts: 5,260 ★★★★★
    noclutch said:

Not exactly. The more crystals you open the more chance you have you might get at least one 7*. It's not 99.8% of not getting a 7* if you open 10 crystals
  • Options

noclutch said:

Not exactly. The more crystals you open the more chance you have you might get at least one 7*. It's not 99.8% of not getting a 7* if you open 10 crystals
    The chance does not increase. However the probability of getting a 7 star does increase with each crystal.
  • Options
    noclutch said:

noclutch said:

The chance does not increase. However the probability of getting a 7 star does increase with each crystal.
    Isn't probability just the mathematical specific number for what we say is chance?
  • Options
    edited June 2023

noclutch said:

noclutch said:

Isn't probability just the mathematical specific number for what we say is chance?
    Here is an example,
    The chance of you getting a head or tail is 50-50.
    However if you get two heads or tails consecutively, the probablity of you getting another head goes down, yet chance remains the same.

In simple words, Probability is likeliness of a specific result compared to/with multiple results.
  • Options
    MackeyMackey Posts: 1,597 ★★★★★
    OP are you saying the drop rates aren't right for 6* champs in the paragon crystals? I don't see anything written about 7* champs as everyone is talking about 🤔
  • Options
    noclutch said:

noclutch said:

noclutch said:

Here is an example,
    The chance of you getting a head or tail is 50-50.
    However if you get two heads or tails consecutively, the probablity of you getting another head goes down, yet chance remains the same.

In simple words, Probability is likeliness of a specific result compared to/with multiple results.
    Even in the first case the probability of getting a head or tail is 50-50 I'm pretty sure. I feel you're misunderstanding what chance means and what probability means
  • Options
    MackeyMackey Posts: 1,597 ★★★★★
    Chance is the occurrence of events in the absence of any obvious intention or cause.

Probability is the likelihood of something happening
  • Options
    SummonerNRSummonerNR Posts: 11,375 Guardian
    noclutch said:

All you needed to do is to CLARIFY what you meant to say in above.
    (and let's ignore whether it is 1% or 0.2%, let’s just go with example above).

You just needed to revise it to clarify what I’m pretty sure you intended it to mean…

Thats 99.8% chance at not getting 7star **PER CRYSTAL** regardless of nuumber of crystals you open.

Instead of trying to justify something with a twist of wording afterwards.

The follow up of..
    Is just.. (well, there shouldn’t be a need to put out the Bat-signal for @DNA3000 )