**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.
Options

Relic - should I start?

winterthurwinterthur Posts: 7,795 ★★★★★
Finally accumulated shards to open a 5-Star relic.

Have not started on it yet.
Bugs aside, should I just ditch 3-Star relics and focus instead on 4-Star and above?
Or ... status quo, just enjoy the game without it.

Comments

• Options
    zernixzernix Posts: 82
    I put off relics for a long time and opened them not that long ago. They're kinda fun, once you get use to the button and don't accidentally trigger it trying to dex or Parry. The striker aspect can help chaining combos to another special and end fights you might have to bait another Sp from.
  • Options
    UnobtainiumClawsUnobtainiumClaws Posts: 197 ★★
    How do you plan on leveling up your 5* Relics without embers from duping 3* and 4* relics?
  • Options
    willrun4adonutwillrun4adonut Posts: 3,169 ★★★★★
    edited June 2023
    Open them. They give you some benefits with nodes like in BG and Incursions as well as chaining combos. I wouldn't worry about ranking up 3* relics, but it's good to still have them for the nodes and combos.

• Options
    ahmynutsahmynuts Posts: 5,990 ★★★★★
    ..... Why would you not open them? Theres no reason to avoid them lmao
  • Options

How do you plan on leveling up your 5* Relics without embers from duping 3* and 4* relics?

Have not thought of how the upgrade works. Guess have to put in some work to understand this game feature.
  • Options
    ahmynuts said:

..... Why would you not open them? Theres no reason to avoid them lmao

Bugs ?
  • Options
    AverageDesiAverageDesi Posts: 5,260 ★★★★★

Have not thought of how the upgrade works. Guess have to put in some work to understand this game feature.
    All that aside. Just equip your top champs with them. The combo extender is a fight winner
  • Options
    Finally decide to pop open the very first relic of any rarity.

Bound it to Wasp.
  • Options
    willrun4adonutwillrun4adonut Posts: 3,169 ★★★★★
    How have you gotten this far without opening one? But congrats 😅
  • Options

By ignoring it existence and not playing quest. :D
  • Options
    FrostGiantLordFrostGiantLord Posts: 1,619 ★★★★

Good choice my guy. I don't mind relics, but they don't really add much to the game. I just opened all my relic crystals, and they're currently all sitting unused. Probably not gonna use any of my relics anytime soon.
  • Options
    G-Hun-GearG-Hun-Gear Posts: 1,447 ★★★★
    Congrats.

I like relics… They’re a fun aspect to the game mechanic and the combo-chain ability is very valuable! In addition, SOME relics also have nice features…

I suggest opening and equipping all of them, but only using ressources on the 5* and 6* relics…
  • Options
    FrostDeezAKAFrostDeezAKA Posts: 28

Good choice my guy. I don't mind relics, but they don't really add much to the game. I just opened all my relic crystals, and they're currently all sitting unused. Probably not gonna use any of my relics anytime soon.
    Not true at all. Relics get boosts from nodes in both quests and incursions, or necropolis where you need a relic if you want to fight for any meaningful amount of time. Then theres the combo chaining feature to consider. I've lost count of how many battlegrounds matches I have won just from being able to combo into a relic into a combo into a special instead of having to play around with the enemy AI for longer. Same situation applies to regular fights. Its a great way to save yourself if you are about to eat a combo, or you can waste it to bait the enemy in for a special intercept when they're being too passive.

Then there's all the extra effects to consider. The ant man relic takes power sting champs like ham to another level, or the black panther relic helping Jabari Panther to get some more dmg off, or the venom relic increasing the impact of venom's bleeds and lowering the time for him to get buffs, or the ms marvel relic giving nova a chance at getting unblockable on all his specials even when he is at lower charges, and the list goes on. There's plenty of specific use cases, including ones for meta champs, but even general cases outside of champion specific effects can help a lot of champs too.

I understand people have hate boners against relics or take pride for some reason in not using them, but its not a cute brag. You're all missing out on some pretty interesting usage cases and the future of MCOC gameplay. Its no skin off your backs to just glance through the effects and bind it to your most used champions. Even if you don't care about the small benefits from unleveled or ranked relics, since I can understand people who are wary over wasting gold on ranking them, its worth at least using them as combo extenders or to get benefits from nodes. You guys are just shooting yourselves in the foot at this point. Its like leaving your dust in the stash or refusing to use 7 stars.