Stuck at phase 3 of gm I have no reverse controls immune champs on roster what to do?

Tinklywink5459Tinklywink5459 Member Posts: 52

Comments

• willrun4adonutwillrun4adonut Member Posts: 4,155 ★★★★★
    You can also try to get him to wounded before phase control sets in (hard), or just take a blunder and keep going backwards (by swiping forwards) until the timer runs out. That's how I did all of my runs initially.
  • captaincushcaptaincush Member Posts: 760 ★★★
    dance around and wait out the timer, it's not that bad
  • ChrisPowellChrisPowell Member Posts: 139
    Just keep reviving. You're almost there.
  • OrtounOrtoun Member Posts: 776 ★★★
    Double check your synergies, there are a few champs that can pick it up that way, but failing that, some great advice already in this thread.
  • ahmynutsahmynuts Member Posts: 7,278 ★★★★★
    If it makes you feel any better, I don't think there were any champs with reverse control immunity when he first came out. I might be mistaken though
  • FurrymoosenFurrymoosen Member Posts: 2,944 ★★★★★
    ahmynuts said:

If it makes you feel any better, I don't think there were any champs with reverse control immunity when he first came out. I might be mistaken though

Mr. Sinister at least. I think Mysterio may have been out beforehand as well, so you’d have him and Emma too. That may be it.
  • DukenpukeDukenpuke Member Posts: 658 ★★★
    I've beaten the GM on 3 different accounts now, and on all 3 I used 5* Colossus.
  • HoadyOZHoadyOZ Member Posts: 248
    The reverse control immune champs are usually pretty weak in this fight. You are better off getting used to the reverse with a heavy hitter and ending the fight sooner. I used 5* Doom.
  • ThePredator1001ThePredator1001 Member Posts: 780 ★★★★
    If you have knull in your roster, practice against him with a weak champ and get him to throw his sp1. Practice that until your more comfortable with the reverse controls.
  • JestuhJestuh Member Posts: 274 ★★★
    I’ve never understood why reverse controls baffle people so much.

You can ignore it and just rely on block and light punches or heavies if I remember correctly. Or you just push left instead of right for 20 of the 40 second window.

The icon appears right under your health and gives you a prompt. Worst case scenario just dash a few times (so you dex back) and hold or tap block to make the ai hold off.
  • NastyPhishNastyPhish Member Posts: 583 ★★★
    Dash is dex. Dex is dash. Might help to think while reversed. Try to eat all Damage. This will actually make you dex it all. It’s how I learned Emma frost and it works for everything to date.
  • PolygonPolygon Member Posts: 4,385 ★★★★★
    6* r1 sinister went brrrr when I first did it
  • OrtounOrtoun Member Posts: 776 ★★★
    HoadyOZ said:

The reverse control immune champs are usually pretty weak in this fight. You are better off getting used to the reverse with a heavy hitter and ending the fight sooner. I used 5* Doom.

Kitty with Emma does pretty well
  • willemadnnel117willemadnnel117 Member Posts: 62
    Dukenpuke said:

I've beaten the GM on 3 different accounts now, and on all 3 I used 5* Colossus.

How did you manage to do that? Who else was on your team? Trying to get some tips before I make my run
  • Angryneeson52Angryneeson52 Member Posts: 449 ★★★
    I’d learn to get good. Best advice you’ll get.
  • EgyptOverseerEgyptOverseer Member Posts: 330
    Most advice here is useless without knowing what champs are on the team. You can't swap them now so you have to make them work. Focus on the champ that does most raw damage and just keep reviving. For me it was Juggernaut, who is immune to reverse controls, but I picked a team for the path and each phase.
  • Lovejoy72Lovejoy72 Member Posts: 1,858 ★★★★
    Just remember, you’ve hit one of the more significant tests of progression in the game. It’s OK to struggle here. If you feel like you have too much sunk cost to back out and change champs all you really can do is keep reviving and going in with the intent of doing better each time. you can certainly go out and watch some video. One of the reasons that I keep alt accounts with varieties of champs is so I can back out of an account and go practice different things in different parts of the game. Barring that just remember that thronebreaker is a significant value add in every way over cav. It is worth losing some units, reviving and just slowly grinding your way through. When I did the fight years and years ago, I think I actually had to put the phone down halfway through out of fatigue, and come back and finish it later. That was obviously with 5* 5/65, but but at the end of the day people are getting to the grandmaster much faster than they used to, and probably don’t have the skills that we all had at that time?
  • Lovejoy72Lovejoy72 Member Posts: 1,858 ★★★★

Most advice here is useless without knowing what champs are on the team. You can't swap them now so you have to make them work. Focus on the champ that does most raw damage and just keep reviving. For me it was Juggernaut, who is immune to reverse controls, but I picked a team for the path and each phase.

Agreed. I think there was one phase where I struggled to get him to wounded, and I think I used Corvus to actually literally take that phase down the hard way.