6* Bishop good?

Viper198787Viper198787 Member Posts: 592 ★★★★
So I just pulled this guy and I don’t have a lot of 6*. I used to play back in the day and he was very meh. From reading some comments around here it seems like he’s actually pretty good now. I tried looking through his updated spotlight but I feel like they don’t make the updates very easy to ascertain. Is this pull a win?

Comments

• 13579rebel_13579rebel_ Member Posts: 2,734 ★★★★★
    Yes he's a top tier mutant now after his buff
  • Ayden_noah1Ayden_noah1 Member Posts: 1,739 ★★★★
    Love my six star Bishop, hope to get a 7 star version soon.
  • Barrier ReefBarrier Reef Member Posts: 732 ★★★
    Love my 7 Star Bishop! He’s my top favorite mutant.
  • HoadyOZHoadyOZ Member Posts: 248
    I never leave home without him. Easily top 10 performer for me.
  • WinterFieldsWinterFields Member Posts: 778 ★★★★
    He's great on both offense and defense. Mine gets quite a few wins for me in BG
  • RasiloverRasilover Member Posts: 1,475 ★★★★
    He’s goated
  • MagrailothosMagrailothos Member Posts: 5,879 ★★★★★
    edited June 2023
    He's a fantastic champ, now. And he really doesn't need Awakened. Easy r3 champ; I took mine to r4.

The updated spotlight is here: https://forums.playcontestofchampions.com/en/discussion/271051/champion-spotlight-bishop-2021-update/p1

Essentially the big differences between new and old Bishop:
    1 - You used to be able to make him self-destruct by pushing him into Overload. Now if he overloads, it's his opponent who takes the hit.
    2 - He's got new abilities to deal with Skill champs who purify; especially Stun debuffs. It may not sound like much, but this is really useful...
    3 - He used to just gain health by consuming Prowess; now he gains actual regeneration buffs. This makes him a monster in certain modes (like Thronebreaker EQ) although it can be an issue against Mystics.
    4 - Steady Release now inflicts Incinerate debuffs instead of just burst Energy damage.

Definitely a good pull - get to know him and you'll have fun.

Oh, and those synergies that let him start with a bar of Power? They stack....
  • Viper198787Viper198787 Member Posts: 592 ★★★★

He's a fantastic champ, now. And he really doesn't need Awakened. Easy r3 champ; I took mine to r4.

The updated spotlight is here: https://forums.playcontestofchampions.com/en/discussion/271051/champion-spotlight-bishop-2021-update/p1

Essentially the big differences between new and old Bishop:
    1 - You used to be able to make him self-destruct by pushing him into Overload. Now if he overloads, it's his opponent who takes the hit.
    2 - He's got new abilities to deal with Skill champs who purify; especially Stun debuffs. It may not sound like much, but this is really useful...
    3 - He used to just gain health by consuming Prowess; now he gains actual regeneration buffs. This makes him a monster in certain modes (like Thronebreaker EQ) although it can be an issue against Mystics.
    4 - Steady Release now inflicts Incinerate debuffs instead of just burst Energy damage.

Definitely a good pull - get to know him and you'll have fun.

Oh, and those synergies that let him start with a bar of Power? They stack....

Thank you. I couldn’t exactly remember how he used to be and I have a hard time deciphering what’s updated, so I really appreciate the breakdown. This seems really cool and I’ll definitely have to get to know the new Bishop. I appreciate the insight.
  • LexSaviLexSavi Member Posts: 216
    He’s a beast. I missed his buff when I was taking a pause from the game. Pulled him as a 7* recently, and tried him out. He’s been steamrolling a lot of content for me.

Pulling him is definitely a win.
  • KeltanKeltan Member Posts: 511 ★★
    edited June 2023
    I love using him against skill champs that can cleanse or purify stun...and he can cheese on some quest if you know how to set him up ..
    Oh.. he is also good on defense if without the right person to counter him ..
  • ErcarretErcarret Member Posts: 2,896 ★★★★★
    Yeah, he's pretty great nowadays. You basically have two ways to deal with champions: a massive SP2 for regular fights and SP1 spam for Skill champions that purify a lot (like Kingpin). Every time the opponent purifies a debuff, he deals damage to them. That means that you can turn a lot of annoying champions' most annoying ability against them.

He also has passive stuns if a Skill champion purifies the regular stun debuff, which is nice.

He's also a nightmare on defense, if that matters to you. I personally have my 6* Bishop at r4 and he would have been my first 6r5 Mutant if I had pulled a Mutant gem from the Carina's Challenges 3 rewards.