Sigil owners, do you use Express Arena?

HungaryHippoHungaryHippo Member Posts: 919 ★★★★
I have it disabled at the moment.

Sigil owners, do you use Express Arena? 65 votes

Yes; love the time savings
73%
DNA3000GroundedWisdomBigPoppaCBONEdanielmathJkw634duallTyViper83FrankWhiteWayde0wilsonJosh51700pseudosaneBarrier ReefKillSwitchIndioSkay1984RockyshockyLoveshacklaserjohn26RebarkMilan1405TyDollarSign 48 votes
No; the wonky AI medium diff is time consuming
26%
Crys23KeltanCristalmanhydrogohardBrokenFloorKillerBugmat78HungaryHippoKRANꓘVbnmeistwan17Maxwell24Giantwalrus56BeastDadCøñdĕmñĕđShadow_ShooterDUHveed 17 votes

Comments

• FurrymoosenFurrymoosen Member Posts: 3,089 ★★★★★
    edited June 2023
    It takes a few more rounds because of it choosing the weakest opponent, but it is so much faster overall.
  • coolspiderman17_coolspiderman17_ Member Posts: 322 ★★★
    It removes the most annoying part of arena. Going through 3 or 4 different screens before getting into the fighting
  • ahmynutsahmynuts Member Posts: 7,314 ★★★★★
    Even if it always picks the weakest matchups, I'm sure it somehow balances out with the faster times overall. It would be neat if someone could math it out so we knew for sure, though. I didn't use it at first because it was annoying to have to go to the stash and claim every single match rewards
  • klobberintymeklobberintyme Member Posts: 1,540 ★★★★
    I got the Sigil specifically for the 6* witch (and her dupe) and the discounted 6* featured. I haven't touched arenas in years.
  • HungaryHippoHungaryHippo Member Posts: 919 ★★★★
    ahmynuts said:

Even if it always picks the weakest matchups, I'm sure it somehow balances out with the faster times overall. It would be neat if someone could math it out so we knew for sure, though. I didn't use it at first because it was annoying to have to go to the stash and claim every single match rewards

My issue is the AI. The weakest match is sometimes medium AI which takes longer to fight and is much more random.
  • BeastDadBeastDad Member Posts: 1,806 ★★★★★
    Arenas is nowhere near worth the time and effort.
  • DNA3000DNA3000 Member, Guardian Posts: 19,423 Guardian

ahmynuts said:

My issue is the AI. The weakest match is sometimes medium AI which takes longer to fight and is much more random.
    I haven't noticed this being a factor at all in my testing to be honest.
  • Panchulon21Panchulon21 Member Posts: 2,605 ★★★★★
    There is an express arena? Lol
  • HungaryHippoHungaryHippo Member Posts: 919 ★★★★
    edited June 2023
    DNA3000 said:

ahmynuts said:

I haven't noticed this being a factor at all in my testing to be honest.
    No? It’s very clear to me and I’ve heard several streamers address it as well. The AI is much more random, like a Kang or Thanos team. It’s immediately apparent a few seconds into the fight.

Sometimes all the fights are “hard” so there’s no difference but the slower/more random fights result in much slower fight times.

It’s basically the Winter Soldier AI
  • ahmynutsahmynuts Member Posts: 7,314 ★★★★★

ahmynuts said:

I wish i could comment on this but 90% of the time i play arena I'm not even looking at the screen
  • Chuck_FinleyChuck_Finley Member Posts: 1,122 ★★★★★
    Never was a unit grinder until sigil express. Super easy to do.
  • Bugmat78Bugmat78 Member Posts: 2,362 ★★★★★
    I dont use it especially in the death match rounds. I also don't grind more than milestones when i do arena. Plus I like to pick my teams and practice synergies that I use in EQ etc during arena and it just randomly picking champs is ok for a mindless grind but not for me synergising. It is useful enough though, just not for me personally.