**KNOWN AW ISSUE**
Please be aware, there is a known issue with Saga badging when observing the AW map.
The team have found the source of the issue and will be updating with our next build.
We apologize for the inconvenience.
Options

Why are Shuri's immunities the way they are?

AverageDesiAverageDesi Posts: 5,260 ★★★★★
Shuri apparently has two immunities. To precision and to shock effects that are not her own.

Since shuri cannot place shocks on herself, we might have to wait till she's placed on a node that places shocks on herself.

And her ability says that her precisions from sp1 don't count as precisions. But the pause menu identifies them as precision passives anyway.

Shuri also cannot have her ability accuracy reduced but such effects can still be active on her. Kind of like Corvus Glaive and bleed debuffs.is there any benefit she gains with this application?

This means while she cans till be affected by neutralize and is immune to precision from dex, she won't have incinerates placed on her by wiccan.

Comments

• Options
    Also, to the whole point of what counts as champion abilities and node abilities , can Adam warlock be nullified by nodes? If so doesn't it go against the "nodes are just extensions of champion kits" motto which is usually used to explain many interactions?
  • Options
    PikoluPikolu Posts: 7,007 Guardian
    Will note that while wiccan can place neutralize on Shuri, she isn't affected by the neutralize. Pretty sure it is a bug because the wording on it is that her ability accuracy can't be altered, which is a different verbiage than AAR immune champions like AA that say they just can't be lowered.
  • Options
    Pikolu said:

Not having ability accuracy reduced means parry all day everyday against domino and no crit failure on abilities that already have a 100% chance to trigger. She is a very strong domino counter.

Also you're reading the node wrong. Shuri is immune to shocks period. Shuri however is immune to precision effects that aren't her own. This means she can't get precision effects from outside of her kit. Nodes shouldn't be giving precision to her, and neither do masteries. Also because she is immune to AAR, wiccan can't neutralize her.

That's the thing. She isn't immune to AAR. Her ability accuracy just can't be altered. Implying neither increase not decrease.

If she were immune she wouldn't be affected by any sort of aar effects. And in her kit you'll see it specifically doesn't mention that she's immune either. Neither does the call out happen.

Wiccan can neutralize her just fine. It just doesn't do anything to her.

Yeah i guess you're right about the shock and precision thing not being together
  • Options
    NastyPhishNastyPhish Posts: 583 ★★★
    Well it means she can dex all she wants and not get a buff. Makes her a better mystic counter. No buff feeding MD and no buff for maw or mojo to nullify.

And the “shocks that aren’t her own” makes sure she’s still vulnerable to clap back type nodes.
  • Options
    Pikolu said:

Will note that while wiccan can place neutralize on Shuri, she isn't affected by the neutralize. Pretty sure it is a bug because the wording on it is that her ability accuracy can't be altered, which is a different verbiage than AAR immune champions like AA that say they just can't be lowered.

Except Archangel isn't immune to all AAR. 😢 Been trying to get it fixed for years now
  • Options

Pikolu said:

Except Archangel isn't immune to all AAR. 😢 Been trying to get it fixed for years now
    He is AAR for me, use him to beat Domino's in BGs and whatnot. He is also immune to wiccans neutralize
  • Options
    Pikolu said:

Pikolu said:

He is AAR for me, use him to beat Domino's in BGs and whatnot. He is also immune to wiccans neutralize
    He can still be affected by passive disorients as well as Ronin in his guard/wraith stance as well as the strength in numbers node
  • Options

Well it means she can dex all she wants and not get a buff. Makes her a better mystic counter. No buff feeding MD and no buff for maw or mojo to nullify.

And the “shocks that aren’t her own” makes sure she’s still vulnerable to clap back type nodes.

I mean, her sp1 description says the precisions "don't count" as precision. I want to know what that means
  • Options

Pikolu said:

Pikolu said:

He can still be affected by passive disorients as well as Ronin in his guard/wraith stance as well as the strength in numbers node
    AAR doesn't make you immune to disorient, just neutralize. AAR does make you immune to the AAR of the disorient though. Also disorient has the second effect of lowering bloc proficiency, so you can still parry all day every day with the disorients.
  • Options
    UltragamerUltragamer Posts: 470 ★★★

Maw and mojo place their own buffs to nullify or remove maw places a fury on sp1 and mojo places some buff so she wouldn’t be very efficient counters although she can work
  • Options
    Pikolu said:

Pikolu said:

Pikolu said:

AAR doesn't make you immune to disorient, just neutralize. AAR does make you immune to the AAR of the disorient though. Also disorient has the second effect of lowering bloc proficiency, so you can still parry all day every day with the disorients.
    He can avoid the aar part of disorient debuffs but he's affected by the aar part of disorient passives
  • Options

Pikolu said:

Pikolu said:

Pikolu said:

He can avoid the aar part of disorient debuffs but he's affected by the aar part of disorient passives
    Mine isn't ever affected by the AAR of disorients but does suffer from the lowered block proficiency of them.

Also came back to say that kabam told me that ability accuracy manipulation immunity does not give neutralize immunity. Idk why they wanted that to be distinct from those who are just immune to AAR
  • Options
    Pikolu said:

Pikolu said:

Pikolu said:

Pikolu said:

Mine isn't ever affected by the AAR of disorients but does suffer from the lowered block proficiency of them.

Also came back to say that kabam told me that ability accuracy manipulation immunity does not give neutralize immunity. Idk why they wanted that to be distinct from those who are just immune to AAR
    There are a few passive disorients scattered around the game . If you test there you'll see it. Or duel against a Zemo.

Ability Accuracy immunity does give neutralize immunity. At least that's what I've seen so far
  • Options

Pikolu said:

Pikolu said:

Pikolu said:

Pikolu said:

There are a few passive disorients scattered around the game . If you test there you'll see it. Or duel against a Zemo.

Ability Accuracy immunity does give neutralize immunity. At least that's what I've seen so far
    Yes, the only champion I can think of off the top of my head that gets disorient immunity is apoc. So while you still get disorients on AA, he is immune to the effect of them that lowers ability accuracy which means you can parry all day every day, 24/7 even if you have 500 disorients on you.

Immunity to AAR is unique to granting immunity to neutralize. It doesn't grant immunity to any debuff that lowers ability accuracy in any way, shape, or form.
  • Options
    Pikolu said:

Pikolu said:

Pikolu said:

Pikolu said:

Pikolu said:

Yes, the only champion I can think of off the top of my head that gets disorient immunity is apoc. So while you still get disorients on AA, he is immune to the effect of them that lowers ability accuracy which means you can parry all day every day, 24/7 even if you have 500 disorients on you.

Immunity to AAR is unique to granting immunity to neutralize. It doesn't grant immunity to any debuff that lowers ability accuracy in any way, shape, or form.
    I feel like there's a gap. I'm not saying archangel should be immune to disorient. I'm just saying that he's being affected by the AAR part of Passive disorients.and that it is a bug.this is testable. He is not affected by aar of Disorient DEBUFFS though.
  • Options
    BigPoppaCBONEBigPoppaCBONE Posts: 2,351 ★★★★★
    Pikolu said:

Pikolu said:

Pikolu said:

Pikolu said:

They should keep them as separate things because they don't want to paint themselves into a corner where they have to add immunity to every individual effect that can possibly reduce ability accuracy now and in the future and cause a writing, balancing, testing, and troubleshooting nightmare. It's easier to have his ability accuracy as a separate irreducible number and the aar aspect of those effects are effectively ignored while they still proc. So Archangel should still get a neutralize effect on him, it just shouldn't reduce ability accuracy.
  • Options
    BigPoppaCBONEBigPoppaCBONE Posts: 2,351 ★★★★★

Pikolu said:

Pikolu said:

Pikolu said:

Pikolu said:

Pikolu said:

I feel like there's a gap. I'm not saying archangel should be immune to disorient. I'm just saying that he's being affected by the AAR part of Passive disorients.and that it is a bug.this is testable. He is not affected by aar of Disorient DEBUFFS though.
    I'd believe that it was bugged like that. The aar immunities throughout the game don't all have the same outcomes when put to the test.
  • Options
    BashlordBashlord Posts: 219 ★★
    Pikolu said:

Pikolu said:

Pikolu said:

Pikolu said:

Pikolu said:

AA get affected by passive disorient and his parry fails.

https://youtu.be/2CHmHe3y8C0

I had raised this but no acknowledgement from Kabam.
  • Options
    NastyPhishNastyPhish Posts: 583 ★★★

Maw and mojo place their own buffs to nullify or remove maw places a fury on sp1 and mojo places some buff so she wouldn’t be very efficient counters although she can work
    If you play maw or mojo right. They won’t place buffs on you. With mojo you need to make sure you don’t complete his prompt. And with maw you just need to not get hit by the sp1.

It seems like the passives were designed more so they couldn’t get messed with by any outside mechanics. Being passives. And short of actually making her buff immune, making her immune to outside precisions future proofs her from nodes, with the tag on effect of not triggering a dex buff
  • Options
    nOuxnOux Posts: 522 ★★★
    Bashlord said:

Pikolu said:

Pikolu said:

Pikolu said:

Pikolu said:

Pikolu said:

Its because AA is immune to opponents ability accuracy reduction, ability accuracy is still affected by nodes. Its in his description.
  • Options
    nOux said:

Bashlord said:

Pikolu said:

Pikolu said:

Pikolu said:

Pikolu said:

Pikolu said:

Its because AA is immune to opponents ability accuracy reduction, ability accuracy is still affected by nodes. Its in his description.
    Wrong.wrong.wrong.. archangel does perfectly fine and if the disorient is a debuff. Node or champion.
  • Options
    BitterSteelBitterSteel Posts: 9,262 ★★★★★

nOux said:

Bashlord said:

Pikolu said:

Pikolu said:

Pikolu said:

Pikolu said:

Pikolu said:

Wrong.wrong.wrong.. archangel does perfectly fine and if the disorient is a debuff. Node or champion.
    Archangel can fail a parry against Joe Fixit who applies a disorient debuff. Fairly easy to test.
  • Options

nOux said:

Bashlord said:

Pikolu said:

Pikolu said:

Pikolu said:

Pikolu said:

Pikolu said:

Archangel can fail a parry against Joe Fixit who applies a disorient debuff. Fairly easy to test.
    Great. And i thought i had it figured out. My sincerest apologies @nOux .
  • Options

nOux said:

Bashlord said:

Pikolu said:

Pikolu said:

Pikolu said:

Pikolu said:

Pikolu said:

So what's the explanation there? Any reason he doesn't work against one specific disorient debuff? I tested him against 50% disorient debuffs and he worked fine
  • Options
    Somewhere deep in the code there is issue with Shuri’s ability accuracy alteration. She still gets Critical Failure from Domino, while it shouldn’t happen.

• Options
    nOux said:

Somewhere deep in the code there is issue with Shuri’s ability accuracy alteration. She still gets Critical Failure from Domino, while it shouldn’t happen.

She gets critical failure because she has a chance to perfect block specials and that can fail.

What i don't understand the unique way her pseudo aar immunity works.
  • Options

nOux said:

Bashlord said:

Pikolu said:

Pikolu said:

Pikolu said:

Pikolu said:

Pikolu said:

So what's the explanation there? Any reason he doesn't work against one specific disorient debuff? I tested him against 50% disorient debuffs and he worked fine
    I’ll raise it in the CCP, see if there’s a hard and fast rule.

Could you get some gameplay of him working against the 50% disorient debuff fine? Or let me know where you tested this.
  • Options
    edited June 2023
    Its basically same as “immune to bleed” and “cannot take damage from bleed”, she is not immune to aar but hers aar cannot be altered. Thats why u can get debuff of neutralise applied to you it just wont have any effect.

And yes Adam Warlock still can get nullified with nodes while he has his sovereignty buffs
  • Options

nOux said:

What i don't understand the unique way her pseudo aar immunity works.
    My guess is the difference between ability accuracy not being able to be altered, and ability accuracy not being able to be reduced.

Ability accuracy can go up or down, see Quake synergy with Hawkeye that increases champion ability accuracy.

Archangel can have his ability accuracy increased, but if I had to guess, Shuri would not be able to have her ability accuracy increased by that synergy. Or by nodes, or whatever.

There’s probably some other edge cases where there’s a difference, but that’s the one I can think of