**KNOWN AW ISSUE**
Please be aware, there is a known issue with Saga badging when observing the AW map.
The team have found the source of the issue and will be updating with our next build.
We apologize for the inconvenience.
Options

Carinas Challenges Vol 3 Help!

So I just finished 8.1 & 8.2 exploration so the natural next step is EOP: Acceptance/ Carinas Challenges Vol 3, I havent finished Vol. 1 and 2 but I feel as though theyre a little unnecessary to finish first at least, anyone care to share their tips for vol 3 challenges or how many revives/units to save up? I’ve got an unawakened juggs im probably going to try and take up and use for the double challenge but I can use any help yall can offer

Comments

• Options
    IceBobbyIceBobby Posts: 109
    I did the juggs double with an unawakened rank 3. Took the right side, some of the fights were a slog but I found it fun overall. My other teams were as follows:

Dimensional Beings: Hood, Galan, CGR
    Right side, Hood for Kraven, CGR for Scorpion, Ikaris with CGR/Hood, Peni with Galan

Robots: Nebula, Warlock, Dragon Man
    Left side, Warlock for Warlock in the beginning, Nebs for MODOK, Warlock for Blade, D-Man for Terrax, Nebula for D-Man. Nebula works great for Thanos final phase cuz she heals back the damage from his SP3 with her charges.

Spider-Verse: Miles Morales, Spider-Gwen, Peni Parker
    Left side, CGR for the first 4 fights, Miles for MODOK, Miles for Blade (my only solo past the first 4 fights in all my runs), Terrax with Peni which is much easier than it sounds, Gwen for D-Man

Alternate Avengers: She-Hulk, CMM, SW Classic
    Right side, SW for Kraven, She-Hulk for scorpion, SW for Ikaris, CMM for Peni

I used Herc for the first 4 fights on every time I took the right side and for the 3 fights not including Warlock when I did Robots. For the challenges I ended up ranking up a lot of champs, including as many as I had as 6 stars to rank 3 in order to do it. However, it's definitely doable with 5 stars if ur lacking the right 6 stars. I used a 5 star Dragon Man, Hood, Scarlet Witch Classic, and Spider-Gwen while doing it. Overall I think the paths and champs I took worked really well for me, but there are definitely other choices others can, will, and have made.

The biggest thing is to figure out how many units you want to spend on it. I did the whole thing with 0 units. It involved a lot of grinding, I made sure to have around 60 revives prepped per path even tho I was between 35-50 on my runs and a lot of pots from ROL, 50-200 depending on how many free crystals you want to open per path.

Good luck! If you take your time and prepare correctly FTP it'll be a good challenge to push you for a while. Otherwise, Unit-man is just as solid of an option.
  • Options
    EliOrSomethingEliOrSomething Posts: 112 ★★
    Thank you so much for the detailed comment! I’ve got an r4 herc ill be using for the first half on all the runs. I’m probably gonna have to use spot instead of CGR since I don’r have one but thanks again for all the info!
  • Options
    NastyPhishNastyPhish Posts: 583 ★★★
    For double juggs run, I would get that juggs awakened or you’re going to have a rough time at kraven. He was half my revives. Just sig one and it would have been a manageable fight.
  • Options
    PikoluPikolu Posts: 7,043 Guardian
    I personally prefer the Chavez and OG ghost rider for the thunderbolts and dimensional beings as well as doing scarlet witch rogue for Aforce and mutants. If you have a 7* Chavez, she will be beastly for your run. My solo Chavez run was only 42 revives and 10 of those were the last 10% of thanos. So I'd call that good value for 2 runs.
  • Options
    I’ve got two mystic AGs so ill def dump one into him!
  • Options
    DrZolaDrZola Posts: 8,764 ★★★★★
    Pikolu said:

I personally prefer the Chavez and OG ghost rider for the thunderbolts and dimensional beings as well as doing scarlet witch rogue for Aforce and mutants. If you have a 7* Chavez, she will be beastly for your run. My solo Chavez run was only 42 revives and 10 of those were the last 10% of thanos. So I'd call that good value for 2 runs.

Chavez awakened or not?

Dr. Zola
  • Options
    PikoluPikolu Posts: 7,043 Guardian
    DrZola said:

Pikolu said:

Chavez awakened or not?

Dr. Zola
    Chavez doesn't need awakened to do it.
  • Options
    Drago_von_DragoDrago_von_Drago Posts: 781 ★★★★
    Are you all spending units on the revives for this or just saving them up for weeks from solo events and the reliquary and login crystals? 30-60 revives is 1200-2400 units per completion.
  • Options
    Jack2634Jack2634 Posts: 862 ★★★

Thank you so much for the detailed comment! I’ve got an r4 herc ill be using for the first half on all the runs. I’m probably gonna have to use spot instead of CGR since I don’r have one but thanks again for all the info!

about revives count . I did 6 eop runs with 30 to 50 revives each run (used r4 herc for first section of the right path) . Double Jugg can be a bit harsh , since peni and scorp will be real pain , so i think it will take you around 50-60 revive for this path . Anyway , wish you the best of luck on it !
  • Options
    willrun4adonutwillrun4adonut Posts: 3,589 ★★★★★
    Here is my write up for all of them. I preferred the doubling up that wasn't Juggs so I could double up on multiple challenges. Keep in mind, I'm not the best, and this was back when revives farming was around so I could be a bit more careless.

https://forums.playcontestofchampions.com/en/discussion/328745/my-carinas-vol-3-write-up-by-an-average-paragon-as-requested-by-ghostboytjie#latest
  • Options
    MarvelNoobMarvelNoob Posts: 1,050 ★★★★
    I did the right side with miles, s2099, and a r1 spiderham for synergy. Miles cheesed kraven, and he managed to get ikarus in 3 revives. S2099 cheeses scorp with buff immunity and super super slow play, 2 revs. Peni with miles was 9 revs and easy thanos solo.
    In hindsight bringing starky instead of ham would've been way easier for scorp most likely but it was still an easy fight.
  • Options
    DrZolaDrZola Posts: 8,764 ★★★★★
    edited July 2023
    Pikolu said:

DrZola said:

Pikolu said:

Chavez awakened or not?

Dr. Zola
    R1 or R2? Asking because she’s squarely in my “didn’t rank the 6* but pulled the 7*” group.

Dr. Zola
  • Options
    willrun4adonutwillrun4adonut Posts: 3,589 ★★★★★
    DrZola said:

Pikolu said:

DrZola said:

Pikolu said:

Chavez awakened or not?

Dr. Zola
    R1 or R2? Asking because she’s squarely in my “didn’t rank the 6* but pulled the 7*” group.

Dr. Zola
    His was a r4 6*. So your 7* should be good.
  • Options
    DanielRandDanielRand Posts: 437 ★★★★
    edited July 2023
    Interesting thought on OGR and Chavez. Have Chavez as 7* duped r1 and 6* duped r2 and GR 5* maxed out. Might give that a try. Already knocked out the double with SW and Rogue, so that would leave only 2 more runs to do.
  • Options
    Jack2634 said:

about revives count . I did 6 eop runs with 30 to 50 revives each run (used r4 herc for first section of the right path) . Double Jugg can be a bit harsh , since peni and scorp will be real pain , so i think it will take you around 50-60 revive for this path . Anyway , wish you the best of luck on it !
    I got double juggs done with around 55! Thanks for the help! That Penni was rough, Luckily got some heavy spam at a max bar of power cheese on that scorpion for like 50% of him though
  • Options

Are you all spending units on the revives for this or just saving them up for weeks from solo events and the reliquary and login crystals? 30-60 revives is 1200-2400 units per completion.

I saved about 30 and spent units for the other 20 ish!