**KNOWN AW ISSUE**
Please be aware, there is a known issue with Saga badging when observing the AW map.
The team have found the source of the issue and will be updating with our next build.
We apologize for the inconvenience.
Options

Buy elder marks to reach milestones?

SunxhaloSunxhalo Posts: 45
edited July 2023 in General Discussion
I’m a cav player. I have 210,000 points for solo event for battleground right now and 2k units. If I buy elder marks I’ll be able to get to 400k regardless of wins or losses, but it would use up all my units. Worth it or not? Thanks guys

Buy elder marks to reach milestones? 77 votes

Buy elder marks!! Rewards are worth it!!!
36%
DL864MagicBentonFrankWhiteSandeepSPikoluLuke9523DeaconRebarkFit_Fun9329ArifuteraHalcyon_DazeFurrymoosenRenaxqqGiuliameijFerahgoSceptilemaniac2JOHNNYBACKHANDUltragamerendgamelockedTheLightBringer 28 votes
No! Rewards are not worth it! Save ur units!
63%
SnakeEyes69KeonexTendersquadzuffySIlverProfessorVegeta9001OdachipikaBluestoneHendrossrcm2017tusharNairFloorKillerRockyshockySCP1504SonOfArgu16Ayden_noah1GabebravoKRANꓘVbnme 49 votes

Comments

• Options
    BeastDadBeastDad Posts: 1,585 ★★★★★
    No way
  • Options
    Vegeta9001Vegeta9001 Posts: 1,525 ★★★★★
    Sunxhalo said:

I’m a cav player. I have 210,000 points for solo event for battleground right now and 2k units. If I buy elder marks I’ll be able to get to 400k regardless of wins or losses, but it would use up all my units. Worth it or not? Thanks guys

In-between the two options, just use energy to try to climb and earn more marks via that or alliance milestones. Energy is just as good.
  • Options
    WonderWanderWonderWander Posts: 53
    Save units for fight against grandmaster and with 2k units, you can be Thronebreaker !
  • Options
    coolspiderman17_coolspiderman17_ Posts: 322 ★★★
    I wouldn’t say the rewards aren’t worth it but no way would I use 2k units on elder marks. Only thing worth buying for units in the bg store is prob the rerolls. Very valuable at a high level
  • Options
    Drago_von_DragoDrago_von_Drago Posts: 781 ★★★★
    I think he’s looking at hitting the extra milestone rewards Kabam threw in this season which makes it more interesting. They added a 6* nexus, a 6* class nexus, a good chunk of 6* shards and some 7* shards for top solo milestones.

I’d still focus on getting to TB over BG though. Better payoff in the long run for those units.

Also, energy gives less than 20% of the solo event points compared to elder marks so that’s more than 5 times as many rounds to play.
  • Options
    Fit_Fun9329Fit_Fun9329 Posts: 1,898 ★★★★★
    I lied
  • Options
    MoosetiptronicMoosetiptronic Posts: 2,139 ★★★★
    You all don't understand or have not appreciated how game economy changing the BG rewards are.

He can get similar, from solo and alliance milestones, to a single run through to the ends of act 8.

That's how much BGs have shifted the economy. Plus he'd be swimming in enough trophy tokens to open tens of 6* and take up multiple r3s and r4s from just the tokens once he can take down the GM.

To the op; if you're in an alliance that may hit 8m+ then yes, this is likely to be worth it.

If you're solo, it's a bit more debatable, but still mighty close to some of the best rewards in game for anyone except later game paragons.
  • Options
    Drago_von_DragoDrago_von_Drago Posts: 781 ★★★★

You all don't understand or have not appreciated how game economy changing the BG rewards are.

He can get similar, from solo and alliance milestones, to a single run through to the ends of act 8.

That's how much BGs have shifted the economy. Plus he'd be swimming in enough trophy tokens to open tens of 6* and take up multiple r3s and r4s from just the tokens once he can take down the GM.

To the op; if you're in an alliance that may hit 8m+ then yes, this is likely to be worth it.

If you're solo, it's a bit more debatable, but still mighty close to some of the best rewards in game for anyone except later game paragons.

Are you factoring in the BG store price difference and lack of availability for some items for Cav vs TB vs Paragon?

I don’t think Cav’s can even buy R4 materials in the BG store.
  • Options
    SHIELD4AGENTSHIELD4AGENT Posts: 915 ★★★★
    those 6* nexus rewards from milestones might be enticing but not guaranteed value for your units. use it elsewhere for guaranteed value.
  • Options
    IamnikeIamnike Posts: 252 ★★
    I have not had to buy EMs since BGs dropped.
  • Options
    DNA3000DNA3000 Posts: 19,034 Guardian
    Sunxhalo said:

There's still three weeks left. Even if you think the rewards are worth it, it would be pointless to buy marks now. See where you are in another two weeks first. If you can grind out the milestones without using marks, you'd have bought them for nothing.
  • Options
    SuhshehshsSuhshehshs Posts: 72
    2k units easily get you to thronebreaker. Thats 20 full team revives which is 100 tries! You probably won't even use it all. Thronebreaker means you can get better pushes to high ranks next season and better rewards too.
  • Options
    SunxhaloSunxhalo Posts: 45
    Thanks everyone. You guys have changed my mind, which was influenced by the rewards at the end. I’ve been on 6.1.1 with a decent roster for a while due to a lack of motivation, but I started pushing yesterday. Again, thanks to everyone who responded