**KNOWN AW ISSUE**
Please be aware, there is a known issue with Saga badging when observing the AW map.
The team have found the source of the issue and will be updating with our next build.
We apologize for the inconvenience.
Options

BattleGrounds Matchmaking

Most common excused used by kabams team is "oH aS yOU proGReSS the DiFFicuLTy haRDEns" To the point you get matched with a roster than completely out does yours? Or is your matchmaking with the intellect of a child putting a square shape in a circle's hole.

Comments

• Options
    ChatterofforumsChatterofforums Posts: 1,779 ★★★★★
    Another player complaining that they can't get top rewards in a competitive rank rewards game mode without having to face stronger players.

If we could add a new tos rule of unrealistic entilement then we would get hundreds of less posts a day on this subject.
  • Options
    Vegeta9001Vegeta9001 Posts: 1,525 ★★★★★
    I don't mind when you're in gold and above but when you're in bronze or silver and there are that many players searching, you should at least find something close to your level, with the harder games coming as you climb.
  • Options
    DrZolaDrZola Posts: 8,764 ★★★★★
    DNA3000 said:

Zeolite said:

Most common excused used by kabams team is "oH aS yOU proGReSS the DiFFicuLTy haRDEns" To the point you get matched with a roster than completely out does yours? Or is your matchmaking with the intellect of a child putting a square shape in a circle's hole.

You're getting those super hard match ups because the game protected you from all the match ups in between. You should have faced harder matches in Silver, even harder in Gold, and very hard in Platinum. Instead the game cherry picked "even" matches for you most of the time, so that you would have an easier time winning at a higher rate to encourage you to play. But eventually that protection disappears, and when it does you get exposed to very strong players.

And maybe ease off a bit. I can understand getting frustrated, but I was facing accounts ten times stronger than you're facing now starting in Bronze from match #1. It took me over a hundred matches to get to Platinum. Try getting stuck in Bronze for a dozen matches because you're facing players stronger than you from the starting line. That's who Paragons like me have to face so that you can shuffle your way to Platinum without facing serious competition You're welcome.

If you don't want to face a sudden jump in difficulty, then start advocating for kabam to remove the match protections for lower progress players. Then you will see a match system that doesn't have the intellect of a child. A match system that works the way a professional competitive match system would. Everyone faces everyone else, no one gets special treatment, and you face escalating competition from the starting line. Good luck getting to Silver.
    Still wondering how accounts below 100K total rating are already in GC…

Dr. Zola
  • Options
    CoppinCoppin Posts: 2,601 ★★★★★
    DrZola said:

DNA3000 said:

Zeolite said:

You're getting those super hard match ups because the game protected you from all the match ups in between. You should have faced harder matches in Silver, even harder in Gold, and very hard in Platinum. Instead the game cherry picked "even" matches for you most of the time, so that you would have an easier time winning at a higher rate to encourage you to play. But eventually that protection disappears, and when it does you get exposed to very strong players.

And maybe ease off a bit. I can understand getting frustrated, but I was facing accounts ten times stronger than you're facing now starting in Bronze from match #1. It took me over a hundred matches to get to Platinum. Try getting stuck in Bronze for a dozen matches because you're facing players stronger than you from the starting line. That's who Paragons like me have to face so that you can shuffle your way to Platinum without facing serious competition You're welcome.

If you don't want to face a sudden jump in difficulty, then start advocating for kabam to remove the match protections for lower progress players. Then you will see a match system that doesn't have the intellect of a child. A match system that works the way a professional competitive match system would. Everyone faces everyone else, no one gets special treatment, and you face escalating competition from the starting line. Good luck getting to Silver.

Dr. Zola
    They are being farmed and pushed up
  • Options
    ZeoliteZeolite Posts: 6

Another player complaining that they can't get top rewards in a competitive rank rewards game mode without having to face stronger players.

If we could add a new tos rule of unrealistic entilement then we would get hundreds of less posts a day on this subject.

Rename your thing to chatterbox. I do not give a single thought to the rewards I am In GC. BattleGrounds is the most fun mode in said game without it I do nothing, "competitive matchups" have you played ANY other game and been let's say put in a team where they all seem to have had holes screwed in their skulls? While the other team has eSports type players? See that's Battlegrounds. I'm an endgame player zero r5s now if I come across a fully r4 deck with 4-6 r5s I'm supposed to somehow go "OOPSIE GUESS THIS IS JUST HOW IT IS"
  • Options
    WinterFieldsWinterFields Posts: 723 ★★★★
    Even after getting to platinum, I'm still facing mostly paragons (I'm paragon, btw). My count is 1 Cav, 3 TB, and the rest have been paragons for who I have faced this season so far from Bronze III to Diamond I. Instead of complaining, focus on what you can learn from these matchups (for instance, I recently learned I can beat Thing with my Diablo basically every time)
  • Options
    DNA3000DNA3000 Posts: 19,035 Guardian
    DrZola said:

DNA3000 said:

Zeolite said:

Dr. Zola
    Statistically speaking, *someone* has to. Because matching becomes more random above Platinum, a certain percentage of low progress accounts in Platinum will make it to Diamond, and a certain percentage will make it to Vibranium. You just have to get a little lucky.

Consider this: so many high progress players are still trapped below Gold. Most of us that get to Platinum get pushed into GC very quickly (once I got to P3 I got to GC in one 17-2 burst of wins). So who's left to accumulate in P/D/V? Eventually they have to match against each other, and if they are willing to push through enough matches or willing to buy enough shields, a certain percentage of them will eventually get to GC.

Something else has been nagging at me for a while now, and I just recently started thinking about it more carefully. Our anecdotal notions of what P/D/V look like have to be completely wrong. Consider: if we go by the most common anecdotes, all the Paragons are suddenly matching against weak UCs and Cavs. But also, according to the lower progress players all of them are matching against super strong Paragons.

Those two notions are contradictory, if matching is random in those tiers. If those tiers are full of mostly Paragons, then the low players should in fact run into non-stop Paragon matches. But we should be matching mostly against each other. Conversely if we are all matching against low accounts then that means statistically that most accounts in those tiers are low. This means the anecdotes are skewed.

And even I noticed that this season my P/D/V match ups were somewhat harder than last season, and my last track (D1 or V, which ever you want to call it) was significantly harder than P or D matches in general.

The fact that players can see massive streaks of low matches and also massive streaks of high matches suggests to me that the population of those tiers is fluctuating in waves. Sometimes there's a lot of high players and the low players looking for matches then are kind of screwed. And there's other times when there's a higher population of lower players, and that's when we see loads of low match ups, but also at the same time many low players are matching against other and progressing faster.

I think that's how many low players are getting into GC. They have to be better than average in terms of skill, and then they get lucky bursts of matches that are close enough that they can overcome the roster disadvantage and string together enough wins to promote.

Last thing. I matched against a player that was still filling half his deck with 2* champs (this no longer works, but still). I beat him, but it was much closer than you would think. First, he only ended up having to draft one of those 2* champs. And second, he got favorable match ups in the draft. Had I slipped up or my game blipped at the wrong time, I could have lost to an otherwise ridiculously underpowered competitor.

Luck and bugs tends to push everyone closer to 50/50, because luck and bugs generally affect everyone equally. If you are strong and win most of the time, most bugs and random chance will hurt you. But if you are a weaker player, bugs and chance tends to operate in your favor, because if you're otherwise going to lose most of the time, bugs and luck can't make things worse, but they can make things better.
  • Options
    GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Posts: 36,384 ★★★★★
    Yes, luck and bugs is what I'm dealing with now. The biggest challenge isn't even what I'm coming up against most of the time. It's the AI.
  • Options

Yes, luck and bugs is what I'm dealing with now. The biggest challenge isn't even what I'm coming up against most of the time. It's the AI.

It seems exclusive to BG for the most part too, the bugs that is. The AI is just bad in 90% of modes, feels like the old AQ map 4 and lower AI where they just back off and block all fight.
  • Options
    edited July 2023
    DNA3000 said:

DrZola said:

DNA3000 said:

Zeolite said:

Dr. Zola
    Statistically speaking, *someone* has to. Because matching becomes more random above Platinum, a certain percentage of low progress accounts in Platinum will make it to Diamond, and a certain percentage will make it to Vibranium. You just have to get a little lucky.

Something else has been nagging at me for a while now, and I just recently started thinking about it more carefully. Our anecdotal notions of what P/D/V look like have to be completely wrong. Consider: if we go by the most common anecdotes, all the Paragons are suddenly matching against weak UCs and Cavs. But also, according to the lower progress players all of them are matching against super strong Paragons.

The fact that players can see massive streaks of low matches and also massive streaks of high matches suggests to me that the population of those tiers is fluctuating in waves. Sometimes there's a lot of high players and the low players looking for matches then are kind of screwed. And there's other times when there's a higher population of lower players, and that's when we see loads of low match ups, but also at the same time many low players are matching against other and progressing faster.
    Perhaps. If so, then I’m only moving in waves of 16-19K players. When I do get a 16K prestige account (perhaps 15% of the time), even then draft and luck are heavy influences.

In fact, since last season, I may have faced a total of 1-2 accounts that were clearly outmatched. Never have I seen a low rating account like the ones above who slipped into GC. My match history is littered with Legend titles, and only a few of those are the Conduit for Revenge version.

All of this serves only to say that it seems disconsonant to see favoritism continue in matchmaking for a mode that’s been made even more challenging for me this season with the influx of offer-infused accounts.

Dr. Zola
  • Options
    edited July 2023

I'm getting real tired of using elder seals and not getting points because of this. The whole "latency one step at a time thing" has to have some sort of timeline. Because when you have the option to purchase deals with essentially real money, and you're "forfeiting matches" essentially losing them seals. I should get the seals back or get my units back. I usually try to stay pretty level headed but since I've hit Vibranium, this had happened 5 times out of my last 20 or so matches. Nearly a 1 in 4. It's happened over 10 times since I started this season, fight starts, I hit the opponent or get hit "disconnected" sometimes the fight doesn't even start just get skipped to defeat/forfeit screen. It's happening to my opponent's too, I win a match because they go 0 to opponent's 100% in 0 seconds.

You're pushing a game mode riddled with bug and latency. With absolutely no remorse, but why should you when people are spending heavy to get the rewards. It's a shame too, when it works properly, I really enjoy the mode. But it's getting lower and lower the chance I'm not experiencing "disconnects" bugs, or downright awful AI.

As a side note, to my "connection" I've been playing AQ perfectly, Quests perfectly, and my PS5 perfectly with absolutely no drops, I enter BG and let the good times roll with the issues.
  • Options
    @Vegeta9001 the team has admitted there are issues as of a couple of seasons ago. What they really haven’t done, however, is address the amount of stuff lost, burned, used, etc. I’m not sure why, but if the thought process is that the BG store rewards are so good it makes up for it in the end, I don’t think that’s a fair approach.

Dr. Zola
  • Options
    Ironman3000Ironman3000 Posts: 1,922 ★★★★★
    I'm really getting sick of low accounts coming to complain about the rewards they were given are not enough. The matchmaking needs to be opened up well before Plat.
  • Options
    ZeoliteZeolite Posts: 6

I'm really getting sick of low accounts coming to complain about the rewards they were given are not enough. The matchmaking needs to be opened up well before Plat.

Where exactly did your single celled prokaryotic organism see me question the rewards? I said endgame player now see your "brain" maybe too linear to understand that in said endgame due to July 4th accounts now have 4 r5s minimum. While I have none why am I matching with said accounts while I have at best 8R4s. You minut insufficient cytokinesis generation?
  • Options
    klobberintymeklobberintyme Posts: 1,503 ★★★★

• Options
    CoppinCoppin Posts: 2,601 ★★★★★
    Zeolite said:

Where exactly did your single celled prokaryotic organism see me question the rewards? I said endgame player now see your "brain" maybe too linear to understand that in said endgame due to July 4th accounts now have 4 r5s minimum. While I have none why am I matching with said accounts while I have at best 8R4s. You minut insufficient cytokinesis generation?
    Its a competition, your tools are not ready to compete
  • Options
    MagrailothosMagrailothos Posts: 5,580 ★★★★★
    Zeolite said:

I am In GC. BattleGrounds is the most fun mode in said game without it I do nothing....I'm an endgame player zero r5s....

If you have zero R5 champions, then suggesting you're an 'Endgame player' is simply laughable.
  • Options
    ItsClobberinTimeItsClobberinTime Posts: 4,172 ★★★★★
    Zeolite said:

Calm down, it's just a game.
    If you're so angry at the fact that some people grew their accounts a lot thanks to the 4th of July offers then you should've bought some yourself, if you couldn't then go think about your life choices instead of getting mad at everyone else.
  • Options
    Ironman3000Ironman3000 Posts: 1,922 ★★★★★
    Zeolite said:

You don't deserve the rewards you were given. If you can't win you, get better.
  • Options
    MagrailothosMagrailothos Posts: 5,580 ★★★★★
    edited July 2023
    DNA3000 said:

It took me over a hundred matches to get to Platinum.

Dude, you just made my night 😉👍
    Thank you for your honesty.

I don't play Battlegrounds as much as other modes, because in BGs, you can't just hit pause and come back a few minutes later; so it doesn't fit my life (which is full of interruptions) particularly well.

But I'm a long-time player (and forum member). I'm Paragon, and I've completed the EoP Carina's challenges. I feel like I can play the game, at least to an 'average' level... and I literally just got to Platinum today. At times trying to get thorough Gold-II I had one win out of ten battles. And I wouldn't be at all surprised if I had taken 100 battles to finally reach Platinum.

I never kidded myself that I was the best player, but Battlegrounds is... humbling.

So thanks - I'm pretty confident your skill level and roster are well above mine, and hearing that you found reaching Platinum a struggle too helped me feel less negative about my own struggles. Cheers!