**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.
Options

Should I have lost this fight? 🤔

Should I have lost this fight? 🤔 170 votes

Get Good
78%
DL864MasterSmokeBitterSteelMagicBentonbhuv9191TendersquadzuffyDuMonUazenzzphillgreenTerraViper83AinycaptaincushPwf57klobberintymeLilMaddogHTEB54GmonkeySw0rdMaster 133 votes
Scoring Problem
21%
KeonexFredhorst23CsuttonBluestoneIamnikeKratos1991Kappa2gIsThisLossBlackOracleHungaryHippoCalwooddaddyBigfoot33Bawa69FlashSpideyMCOCHazzaBeastDadBen_15455LpooChiliDogBright4973 37 votes

Comments

• Options
    Genghis_SlimGenghis_Slim Posts: 44
    @BitterSteel No one is on 1%…stay on topic 😂
  • Options
    Drago_von_DragoDrago_von_Drago Posts: 768 ★★★★
    Scoring Problem
    The point system is the same for everyone so you have to learn it and play into it to win.

I do think getting a KO should award a couple thousand extra points to avoid these situations though. Give an extra 3-5k points for a KO to make it the goal and I think a lot of scoring complaints will go away. In the extreme cases like BitterSteel mentioned you can still win by playing better but in cases like this it almost benefits going ham early in the fight and pausing when the defender hits 3 bars of power.

• Options
    Scoring Problem
    Good point, I hadn’t looked at it that way before. I still think a fixed KO bonus would help and leave the time bonus as a tie breaker if you both get a KO but in the end, you just have to learn the scoring system and play into it.
  • Options
    Scoring Problem
    Semi-nearly is quite the qualifier. There’s no perfect scoring system. This has been hashed out a lot on here. I just sympathize with the OP in this case. Getting a KO fairly quickly and still losing to an opponent that timed out doesn’t seem right to me.
  • Options
    @BitterSteel Yes of course…but in this case, I gave a real life example. Waxing poetic about a hypothetical, when there’s an example here is simply dilution kind Sir
  • Options
    SammyDeSammyDe Posts: 902 ★★★
    Scoring Problem
    Yeah, I do want to win in BG this season, so I will learn from the guys here and have clean fights. I am actually doing better in BG this season without knowing this is why. I used to rush in the last 30 seconds going for the KO and now I will just play normal. The unstoppable made me play less aggressive this season already.
  • Options
    edited July 2023
    @SammyDe Thats what happened here. I got overly aggressive, within assasin range and paid the price. With such a difference in time and the KO, I was a bit salty about not getting the W still
  • Options
    Scoring Problem

Getting a little off topic now but I would be happy with a simpler system.

If you get the KO and your opponent doesn’t you win.

If you both get the KO it comes down to time. If that’s a tie, then go to attacker health remaining.

If neither of you get the KO it goes to defender health remaining. If that’s a tie, it goes to attacker health remaining.

If you get KOed and your opponent doesn’t, you lose. If both players get KOed it goes to defender health. To prevent pausing and hoping you’re opponent gets knocked out, if the defender ends at 100% health it’s considered a forfeit.

No points at all and the focus is on winning the fight as fast as possible. Next priority is not getting KO’ed. It would be up to Kabam to prevent every season from being a nuke fest by putting nodes in place to change things up.

I still think any scoring system that doesn’t prioritize winning the fight is flawed. Kabam decided to go a different route to reward safer play.
  • Options
    BeastDadBeastDad Posts: 1,424 ★★★★★
    Scoring Problem
    So I’ll just knock the opponents health down low and then pause the game, got it.
  • Options
    Ayden_noah1Ayden_noah1 Posts: 1,183 ★★★★
    Get Good
    I would say you deserve to lose since we all know the scoring system isn't about how is the fastest to get a kill. BG scoring is all about overall performance. The three factors makes it more of a skill game mode since it isn't always about nuking down the defender. If you think about real life examples the Olympics would be a good example. There are simple sports like sprinting that counts for the fastest runners and there is the Decathalon, where if you are the best in half the events but are not very good in the other half, well you aren't going to win it. You need to be good all around. Not everything is to see how fast you can nuke a defender. That's why there's different game modes with different nodes. If all the game was about nuking most the champs would never be used and it would make the game so boring since you would use a few champs for every fight. I wouln't want a game where it's simply just nuking the defender as fast as possible without any strategy to it.
  • Options
    @Ayden_noah1 Decathalon got it…😂 but this is a fight. I believe a more relevant example would be an olympic boxing match 🥊
  • Options
    TyEdgeTyEdge Posts: 2,965 ★★★★★
    edited July 2023

@Ayden_noah1 Decathalon got it…😂 but this is a fight. I believe a more relevant example would be an olympic boxing match 🥊

No, a more relevant example would be two boxing matches. One boxer sucks and gets his teeth knocked in, but he lands one big punch for a KO. That’s you.

The other boxer controls the fight on a tactical level, does almost as much damage to the opponent as you did, and takes a small fraction of the beating you took.

You did 100% damage and took 74%. He did 83% damage and only took 12.5%. Come on. And despite all of that, you were about 5 seconds from winning. Next time try for 69 ;)
  • Options
    edited July 2023
    @TyEdge Huh 😂😂😂 have a drink buddy, take a breath, control your emotions. You aren’t making much sense right now 😂😂😂
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 0 ★★★★
    Get Good
    You performed knowing the requirements for a win and failed to meet them
  • Options