**KNOWN AW ISSUE**
Please be aware, there is a known issue with Saga badging when observing the AW map.
The team have found the source of the issue and will be updating with our next build.
We apologize for the inconvenience.
Options

Rank down tickets for Zemo and Kraven…

Comments

• Options
    GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Posts: 36,367 ★★★★★

On Beta.

This AI behaviour was explicitly stated as the intended behaviour on the Kraven Deep Dive as a feature
    For one thing, there have been times that the Deep Dive showcased unintended things, but that's besides the point.
    As for Kraven, I'm not sure what you're taking about. It said the AI would try to break out of Root using Basic and Heavy Attacks, and that using a Special removes it, and that Combo Power Rate was reduced. Nothing about preventing L3s.
  • Options

I shared it. It was on the Trello board, at least since April.

That's still ages after the champs released. Not enough. Not to mention trello isn't as popular as forums. Least they could have done is put up a forum post since it's such a crucial bug. Or at least, you know, on the Baron Zemo rebalance post
    About a year and 4 months. When was it reported? What usually happens in these cases is people don't report them when they're useful in some way.
    Root has had issues all along the way. Rintrah, for example. It's been known that he was taking no Damage. Even people pointing out that Root is bugged when they gave it the green light.
    Listen, I empathize with the OP and I appreciate how passionate they are, but I do not agree with RDTs for bug fixes. I didn't the last times they gave them out for it, and I don't now.
    They're for major intended changes to how a Champ is supposed to perform. There isn't any evidence, other than "That's how they worked." to support that. If it was a listed ability and it changed, fair enough. That's not what we have.
    You should stop trying to argue this, they never sait Root is bugged even in your trollo board. They only mentioned Zemo by name. No one is opposing this change as long as they offer tickets for the now worse champion. What does it even matter to you, are you on some payroll what the hell?
    Root is a mechanic. Not a Champion. If it was bugged and they fixed it, they can't just give Tickets for every Champ with Root.
    Perhaps a lack of communication, sure. I don't see notes in the Patch Notes. You benefitted from a bug for some time. Take it for what it is. I don't agree with giving Tickets. I don't make their decisions, though. So it's not up to me. I'm still not going to agree with it.

On Beta.
    Hickdog27 said:

"You benefitted from a bug for some time. Take it for what it is. I don't agree with giving Tickets. I don't make their decisions, though. So it's not up to me. I'm still not going to agree with it."

Just to be clear, the players are not the ones who benefitted from the bug, Kabam did. They sold an awful lot of Zemo cavs, sig stones, and rank up materials that were put in to him as a result of this "bug".

If you're pushing the narrative that they did a Bait and Switch, that is as old as my presence on the Forum.
    And what changed with the beta? Root has worked the same way since their original Kraven announcement until just days ago.
    Betas are never the final word on how something is intended to work after release. That's why they have Betas.
    You're right, and if they had mentioned at all at release that Root wasn't working as intended, there wouldn't be an issue. But they didn't. Not for over a year afterwards.
    There is NO time limit on bugs.
  • Options
    Colinwhitworth69Colinwhitworth69 Posts: 7,227 ★★★★★
    BeastDad said:

I would love to hear a valid argument for why they would not be issued.

There's a whole thread, as you know, devoted to that subject, so let's not start another.
  • Options

That's still ages after the champs released. Not enough. Not to mention trello isn't as popular as forums. Least they could have done is put up a forum post since it's such a crucial bug. Or at least, you know, on the Baron Zemo rebalance post
    About a year and 4 months. When was it reported? What usually happens in these cases is people don't report them when they're useful in some way.
    Root has had issues all along the way. Rintrah, for example. It's been known that he was taking no Damage. Even people pointing out that Root is bugged when they gave it the green light.
    Listen, I empathize with the OP and I appreciate how passionate they are, but I do not agree with RDTs for bug fixes. I didn't the last times they gave them out for it, and I don't now.
    They're for major intended changes to how a Champ is supposed to perform. There isn't any evidence, other than "That's how they worked." to support that. If it was a listed ability and it changed, fair enough. That's not what we have.
    You should stop trying to argue this, they never sait Root is bugged even in your trollo board. They only mentioned Zemo by name. No one is opposing this change as long as they offer tickets for the now worse champion. What does it even matter to you, are you on some payroll what the hell?
    Root is a mechanic. Not a Champion. If it was bugged and they fixed it, they can't just give Tickets for every Champ with Root.
    Perhaps a lack of communication, sure. I don't see notes in the Patch Notes. You benefitted from a bug for some time. Take it for what it is. I don't agree with giving Tickets. I don't make their decisions, though. So it's not up to me. I'm still not going to agree with it.

On Beta.
    Hickdog27 said:

"You benefitted from a bug for some time. Take it for what it is. I don't agree with giving Tickets. I don't make their decisions, though. So it's not up to me. I'm still not going to agree with it."

Just to be clear, the players are not the ones who benefitted from the bug, Kabam did. They sold an awful lot of Zemo cavs, sig stones, and rank up materials that were put in to him as a result of this "bug".

If you're pushing the narrative that they did a Bait and Switch, that is as old as my presence on the Forum.
    And what changed with the beta? Root has worked the same way since their original Kraven announcement until just days ago.
    Betas are never the final word on how something is intended to work after release. That's why they have Betas.
    You're right, and if they had mentioned at all at release that Root wasn't working as intended, there wouldn't be an issue. But they didn't. Not for over a year afterwards.
    You're still missing the point and I really don't understand what you're hoping to achieve. Nobody is hurt by players getting RDT's except for Kabam, and you yourself said they failed to communicate. They failed in many new and inventive ways with this one. It really feels like you're just here to argue.
    That I disagree with. Frankly, I wish they were never introduced. Ever since, there have been countless requests for them, and they're completely counterproductive to the game itself.
    Ranking a Champ is meant to be a one-way process. Not a choice to revisit in the future. Everytime they're given, the precedent is fed for more in the future.
    My feelings are besides the point. I understand their use. Those cases should not come under bug fixes. Besides feeding that precedent, it just clouds the whole purpose of them and adds to confusion. I respect Kabam’s decisions because it's not mine to make, and I understand their reasoning. That doesn't mean I agree with every decision.
    I don't think they should have been given for bug fixes, and I sure don't think Christmas was a good idea. That's been my position over the years consistently. This is a situation I don't feel warrants them.
    It doesn't take a great amount of common sense to understand why Root preventing L3s is OP.
  • Options

On Beta.
    Hickdog27 said:

This AI behaviour was explicitly stated in Kraven Deep Dive as the intended behaviour. It's not just beta

On Beta.

This AI behaviour was explicitly stated as the intended behaviour on the Kraven Deep Dive as a feature
    . Nothing about preventing L3s.
    As opposed to preventing L1 and L2?
    By way of lower Combo Power Rate. Why would they indicate that it can be removed with Specials and then say you can't use them? I mean, come on now.
  • Options

On Beta.
    Hickdog27 said:

You're still missing the point and I really don't understand what you're hoping to achieve. Nobody is hurt by players getting RDT's except for Kabam, and you yourself said they failed to communicate. They failed in many new and inventive ways with this one. It really feels like you're just here to argue.
    My feelings are besides the point.
    The "disagree" button provides a way for players to voice their disagreement if they don't have anything to give to the conversation. Everything you're saying has been said countless times. Since this thread has been opened, we've seen how Spot and Special Lock immune champs have likely unintentionally been affected by this change and pushed the importance of making abilities clear and written in game. "Rank Down tickets bad" is a sentiment that's been held by players for years, one that I held myself going into this thread. But it has become more and more clear, as we push for more information and clarity, just how different this situation is from any we've seen before. If you don't see that, that's fine, but this idea that you have to voice disagreement with the same counterproductive arguments we've seen countless times already is not helpful.
    Just because you disagree with my view doesn't mean it's not part of the conversation.
    I don't use the button. Never have. If I find something worth disagreeing with, I use my words to support why.
  • Options
    HarryatomixHarryatomix Posts: 110
    I am not asking for RDT but compensation for sure is needed
  • Options
    DukenpukeDukenpuke Posts: 658 ★★★
    BeastDad said:

Something tells me you have a pretty subjective view of what is considered "valid".
  • Options
    DukenpukeDukenpuke Posts: 658 ★★★
    BeastDad said:

Dukenpuke said:

BeastDad said:

Something tells me you have a pretty subjective view of what is considered "valid".
    My view is based on facts and how to conduct business dealings in fair and just manner.

Subjective? Not really.
    To be clear, I'm not affected by this bug. I don't have a ranked Zemo or Kraven (or Spot, Spidey Supreme, or Sandman). I personally think they should issue rank down tickets, but I also think there are plenty of valid reasons why they shouldn't.
  • Options

On Beta.
    Hickdog27 said:

This AI behaviour was explicitly stated in Kraven Deep Dive as the intended behaviour. It's not just beta

On Beta.

. Nothing about preventing L3s.
    As opposed to preventing L1 and L2?
    By way of lower Combo Power Rate. Why would they indicate that it can be removed with Specials and then say you can't use them? I mean, come on now.
    If the combat power is low as to prevent L1 and L2, L3 isn't even in the picture. Because it's meant for the attacker to escape. Not once has an AI thrown the special and broken free of root till now. In facts, as said earlier, kabam explicitly said that rooted AI is meant to block and throw heavies to try to break free from the root. Now, throwing heavies does not free you from block. Then why would they that? Come on now
    This is a strange interpretation of what was said in the Deep Dive, considering it was your own example.
  • Options
    BigBlueOxBigBlueOx Posts: 1,634 ★★★★★
    Dukenpuke said:

BeastDad said:

Dukenpuke said:

BeastDad said:

My view is based on facts and how to conduct business dealings in fair and just manner.

Subjective? Not really.
    To be clear, I'm not affected by this bug. I don't have a ranked Zemo or Kraven (or Spot, Spidey Supreme, or Sandman). I personally think they should issue rank down tickets, but I also think there are plenty of valid reasons why they shouldn't.
    Hate extending this thread in light of the other but care to explain as I haven’t heard a good reason yet in the other one. Again this aligns so much with precedent established with MoleMan and SheHulk
This discussion has been closed.