Comments

• Options
    Colinwhitworth69Colinwhitworth69 Posts: 7,192 ★★★★★

Get your RDTs yet?

Got your attention yet?
    Apparently. Thanks for complying.

• Options
    SplinterBGSplinterBG Posts: 13

I ranked up my Zemo just last week with a generic 3-4 gem and pumped 200 sig stones into him specifically because I saw the changes he was supposed to get in the balancing program, saw what else he is capable of doing, and concluded that his ability to root lock in certain matchups is quite useful and took him up. If Kabam thought that root lock was something that was unintended, they should've addressed it in that balance update post. They have a schedule for posting balancing changes, what is the point if one of the champ's core mechanics can still be changed after a balance update has been posted? This just makes people who took up Zemo after considering the changes he's getting feel like idiots for wasting a bunch of resources.

Exactly. Same here, r4 200 sigs for this
  • Options
    altavistaaltavista Posts: 1,306 ★★★★

Can someone test this against Galan? He should be special lock immune. I’m wondering if that applies to this special lock via root. I don’t have a Galan of any level to test it on.

I honestly wasn't expecting this

Wow. Did you happen to note if the Special Lock also resulted in Galan to gain buffs due to his sig?

Would be interesting in how Galan is coded, as I remember early on there was the bug where he just kept gaining buffs as opposed to just a few, when he experienced these immune effects. Maybe the fix then is causing an issue now that there is a change to Root.
  • Options
    AverageDesiAverageDesi Posts: 5,260 ★★★★★
    altavista said:

Can someone test this against Galan? He should be special lock immune. I’m wondering if that applies to this special lock via root. I don’t have a Galan of any level to test it on.

I honestly wasn't expecting this

Wow. Did you happen to note if the Special Lock also resulted in Galan to gain buffs due to his sig?

Would be interesting in how Galan is coded, as I remember early on there was the bug where he just kept gaining buffs as opposed to just a few, when he experienced these immune effects. Maybe the fix then is causing an issue now that there is a change to Root.
    Doesn't look like it. He only has the furies from sp1
  • Options
    GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Posts: 36,280 ★★★★★

I shared it. It was on the Trello board, at least since April.

That's still ages after the champs released. Not enough. Not to mention trello isn't as popular as forums. Least they could have done is put up a forum post since it's such a crucial bug. Or at least, you know, on the Baron Zemo rebalance post
    About a year and 4 months. When was it reported? What usually happens in these cases is people don't report them when they're useful in some way.
    Root has had issues all along the way. Rintrah, for example. It's been known that he was taking no Damage. Even people pointing out that Root is bugged when they gave it the green light.
    Listen, I empathize with the OP and I appreciate how passionate they are, but I do not agree with RDTs for bug fixes. I didn't the last times they gave them out for it, and I don't now.
    They're for major intended changes to how a Champ is supposed to perform. There isn't any evidence, other than "That's how they worked." to support that. If it was a listed ability and it changed, fair enough. That's not what we have.
  • Options
    SecondSkrillerSecondSkriller Posts: 999 ★★★★
    edited July 2023
    Another thing they can do is just leave Kraven the way he was, same for all the other root champs, since it would seem that they wanted to target Zemo in particular. It would make sense since his root is passive, thus stronger than Kraven’s and more exploitable, example being debuff immune Spider-Ham in Gauntlet.
  • Options

That's still ages after the champs released. Not enough. Not to mention trello isn't as popular as forums. Least they could have done is put up a forum post since it's such a crucial bug. Or at least, you know, on the Baron Zemo rebalance post
    About a year and 4 months. When was it reported? What usually happens in these cases is people don't report them when they're useful in some way.
    Root has had issues all along the way. Rintrah, for example. It's been known that he was taking no Damage. Even people pointing out that Root is bugged when they gave it the green light.
    Listen, I empathize with the OP and I appreciate how passionate they are, but I do not agree with RDTs for bug fixes. I didn't the last times they gave them out for it, and I don't now.
    They're for major intended changes to how a Champ is supposed to perform. There isn't any evidence, other than "That's how they worked." to support that. If it was a listed ability and it changed, fair enough. That's not what we have.
    You should stop trying to argue this, they never sait Root is bugged even in your trollo board. They only mentioned Zemo by name. No one is opposing this change as long as they offer tickets for the now worse champion. What does it even matter to you, are you on some payroll what the hell?
    Root is a mechanic. Not a Champion. If it was bugged and they fixed it, they can't just give Tickets for every Champ with Root.
    Perhaps a lack of communication, sure. I don't see notes in the Patch Notes. You benefitted from a bug for some time. Take it for what it is. I don't agree with giving Tickets. I don't make their decisions, though. So it's not up to me. I'm still not going to agree with it.
  • Options

You should stop trying to argue this, they never sait Root is bugged even in your trollo board. They only mentioned Zemo by name. No one is opposing this change as long as they offer tickets for the now worse champion. What does it even matter to you, are you on some payroll what the hell?
    Root is a mechanic. Not a Champion. If it was bugged and they fixed it, they can't just give Tickets for every Champ with Root.
    Perhaps a lack of communication, sure. I don't see notes in the Patch Notes. You benefitted from a bug for some time. Take it for what it is. I don't agree with giving Tickets. I don't make their decisions, though. So it's not up to me. I'm still not going to agree with it.

On Beta.
    Hickdog27 said:

"You benefitted from a bug for some time. Take it for what it is. I don't agree with giving Tickets. I don't make their decisions, though. So it's not up to me. I'm still not going to agree with it."

Just to be clear, the players are not the ones who benefitted from the bug, Kabam did. They sold an awful lot of Zemo cavs, sig stones, and rank up materials that were put in to him as a result of this "bug".

If you're pushing the narrative that they did a Bait and Switch, that is as old as my presence on the Forum.
  • Options
    ra_wrra_wr Posts: 57

They’re my two favourite champions sitting at rank 5 because I love their root mechanic, yet the last patch completely ruined them by allowing opponents to special 3 out of root. This change is significant enough to turn them into bad champions so I want to request the infamous rank down tickets if this change is here to stay.

all im gonna say, is that this is like the shang-chi "silent nerf" with his purifies a while back. but i dont think that if the description or kabam explicitly said that they can SP3 out of a root, then no rankdown ticket should be rewarded.
  • Options

On Beta.
    Hickdog27 said:

"You benefitted from a bug for some time. Take it for what it is. I don't agree with giving Tickets. I don't make their decisions, though. So it's not up to me. I'm still not going to agree with it."

Just to be clear, the players are not the ones who benefitted from the bug, Kabam did. They sold an awful lot of Zemo cavs, sig stones, and rank up materials that were put in to him as a result of this "bug".

If you're pushing the narrative that they did a Bait and Switch, that is as old as my presence on the Forum.
    And what changed with the beta? Root has worked the same way since their original Kraven announcement until just days ago.
    Betas are never the final word on how something is intended to work after release. That's why they have Betas.
  • Options
    Nichoas_1Nichoas_1 Posts: 144 ★★
    edited July 2023
    Idk it’s interesting to me that the guy doesn’t get “balanced” that way at time of “balancing” but then they do this as a second thing to zemo. I understand this greatly impacts Kraven also. I personally play zemo, and took him to r5 cause I thought the way he worked was awesome. If that was not intended and other people ranked him for the same mechanical reason, you have no leg to stand on by telling the base they do will not get compensation.
This discussion has been closed.