Mythicc backlash

blackdragonightblackdragonight Member Posts: 114 ★★
This is one of first things I agree with kabam. You play with fire you get burned the people who did it knew what they're doing nobody forced them or had a gun to their head. You mess with the bull you get the horns I'm glad they got banned more BG points for me. Congrats Kabam for doing then right thing for people trying to get an advantage over others and knew it was wrong but who did it anyways.

Comments

• ShuGokisShuGokis Member Posts: 665 ★★★
    So far I know of 1 account who opened all 1250 and has still got his champs plus no ban on the account. It has only been just over a day so I do not expect this account to be done straight away but it is not looking great.
  • bm3eppsbm3epps Member Posts: 1,157 ★★★
    😂so their shiny new champs will be gone
    bm3epps said:

😂so their shiny new champs will be gone

Yes it will all be gone from them, I am keeping eye on 1 certain account I know opened all 1250 to see if this happens though.
  • blackdragonightblackdragonight Member Posts: 114 ★★

Spoiler alert, they didn’t get banned…

Oh well they got lucky kabam got soft like charmin I would've definitely banned but hey everybody Is happy at least ?

ShuGokis said:

So far I know of 1 account who opened all 1250 and has still got his champs plus no ban on the account. It has only been just over a day so I do not expect this account to be done straight away but it is not looking great.

Keep us update to make sure they don't get to keep all the rewards. I'm curious now.
    I will do, so far they still have them but I expect it to be a few days if not longer since this person did open all of them.
    I did go to post a forum post asking for an update with my findings of this said player but I got the message it needs to be approved before its even posted so Kabam have changed something with how the forums works for what ever reason..
  • Drago_von_DragoDrago_von_Drago Member Posts: 802 ★★★★
    I was just wondering if we’d ever hear any update on this.

I don’t think a “ban” to punish players was warranted but I think a temporary account freeze to sort out the mess was. At this point they’ve had a week to clear content and get to GC in battlegrounds.
    I do not think a ban is needed but agree yes freeze the account but this player I’ve been monitoring as updated his picture last few days so he is currently playing..
  • AshacekarAshacekar Member Posts: 2,003 ★★★★
    The best way was to stop the account (not ban) citing maintenance the moment they got to know of the bug and then revert the changes on the account by few hours by when the event went live and give some compensation till the account was off.

Now they will have issue. As the days progress, player would have added more sigs to the champ, ranked/levelled them, cleared content. It's not easy to claw back any of the champs. If it was that easy they would have done it by now. And making roster changes in a live account while player is active will create data issues as well.

It seems to be a W for those players at the moment. They played with fire and now enjoying bbq and popcorn.
  • I_tell_no_tales_1I_tell_no_tales_1 Member Posts: 1,198 ★★★★
    Ashacekar said:

The best way was to stop the account (not ban) citing maintenance the moment they got to know of the bug and then revert the changes on the account by few hours by when the event went live and give some compensation till the account was off.

Now they will have issue. As the days progress, player would have added more sigs to the champ, ranked/levelled them, cleared content. It's not easy to claw back any of the champs. If it was that easy they would have done it by now. And making roster changes in a live account while player is active will create data issues as well.

It seems to be a W for those players at the moment. They played with fire and now enjoying bbq and popcorn.

I don't think it's possible to take away all the champions and iso from those players as 1 week is more than enough for them to camouflage themselves among whales

Some might not even show much progress in the game modes until the matter dies to avoid arising suspicion due to sudden increase in progression speed.

It's an extremely tedious task to remove the champions as some players might have cleared some other content and then would have sigged up the champion they received from the mythics, so Kabam has to keep an account of that too

Reverting the progress will bring a wave of bugs in the game so it's most probably out of question.

I am keeping an eye on one such player who opened those crystals and he still has those rewards and will probably not lose them at all. This might be another 24million loyalty situation.
  • blackdragonightblackdragonight Member Posts: 114 ★★
    ShuGokis said:

Well on the bright side everybody is happy ?

No, Far from it. If these players keep what they gained there will be some very annoyed people. Especially after they said they would REMOVE ALL items.
    Well can't trust what people say but that being said if people gained an advantage why do you care ? As someone who is end game account I could care less it doesn't affect me. It's the same for those who spend on 4th July yea they boost their roster I'll catch up to them sooner or later.
  • AMS94AMS94 Member Posts: 1,776 ★★★★★

Miike said here that nobody has been banned and nobody will but but they’ll still be taking back the crystals and champs/gold/iso.

https://forums.playcontestofchampions.com/en/discussion/341117/kabam-laziness-leads-to-you-getting-banned#latest

Just like they took back the rewards from people who cheat in BGs..... EXCELLENT
  • captaincushcaptaincush Member Posts: 768 ★★★★
    ShuGokis said:

ShuGokis said:

Well on the bright side everybody is happy ?

No, Far from it. If these players keep what they gained there will be some very annoyed people. Especially after they said they would REMOVE ALL items.
    Well can't trust what people say but that being said if people gained an advantage why do you care ? As someone who is end game account I could care less it doesn't affect me. It's the same for those who spend on 4th July yea they boost their roster I'll catch up to them sooner or later.
    1250 Mythic crystals for free is a tad bit different from SPENDING on july 4th.. for someone who spends nothing and takes the time to grind the game only to find out because of a bug kabam made but removed minutes after people had progressed like months ahead of you for FREE and you were not able to take advantage or even get some sort of gain from it I would be pretty annoyed.

as for "well can't trust what people say" Its KABAM MIKE if it was some random who didn't work for the company running the game then sure I wouldn't care less what they say but when KABAM MIKE says they are doing something to "fix" an exploit that they caused I would expect them to actually stick to their word.

As a end game account here too it doesn't affect me either but I am not thinking of only myself. it is not fair on others.
    correct, no amount of spending could get you over 200 6* champs in one set of offers, plus another 5-7 7* champs. it's way more than any offers they've ever presented to us
  • MarkT82MarkT82 Member Posts: 4
    21st July, account still has not been changed, makes me wonder if they removed rewards from arena botters and modders. Judging by said account I don't think they did , sort this account out or give all other accounts 1250 mythics
  • SchwarteSchwarte Member Posts: 48
    MarkT82 said:

21st July, account still has not been changed, makes me wonder if they removed rewards from arena botters and modders. Judging by said account I don't think they did , sort this account out or give all other accounts 1250 mythics

Unfortunately, I have to disappoint you. Neither will happen.

Presumably, Kabam is now simply ignoring this bug until it is forgotten. How long does it take? Probably no two to three months. After a week it looks pretty bad.
  • ChobblyChobbly Member Posts: 937 ★★★★
    Kerneas said:

I personally hate everyone who abused this bug. Why, you ask?

The game is a bug fest and needs a lot of dev attention to fix these bugs. And what will these buffoon players do? Yea, that's right: abuse a blatantly obvious bug, that only generates more issues that need to be fixed. Congratulations, thanks to you the devs have to spend much more time fixing this situation, than they would have if your twitchy fingers left the 1250 crystals alone.

I am sure everyone is very happy with your contribution to future bug solution. Thanks for delaying the fix of present issues for all of us. You are real sweeties!

While I don't hate those who opened up all those crystals, I'm sure the Devs that have had to be pulled off other work to sort this out might be a bit cheesed off with it.

I do get the desire to blast open that many crystals and see what the outcome is. It's a feeling that the vast majority of summoners will never experience because of the comparative cost.

But what it does do is create a headache for the person who has to sort it out. And in the end, no one gains from this.

So, spare a thought for the Devs.
  • Fit_Fun9329Fit_Fun9329 Member Posts: 2,107 ★★★★★
    I lost the overview of this topic. What’s the status quo? The last info I have is, that all players still have their champs from this bug.

Somebody knows more?