How are Alliance BG Rewards Fair in Any Capacity?

PotatoGodPotatoGod Member Posts: 93
This has been on my mind for a minute but I've never really thought too hard about it until earlier today. If you get 12 million points in the alliance battlegrounds event you get a total of 1/3 of a rank 5 resources considering you get perfect rng on the 10% t6cc crystals. If we assumed that every bg game was exactly 6 minutes no more no less, it would take 5.4 hours of all 30 players winning continuously every bg match they play to get 1/3 of a rank 5. During the July 4th deals we were able to spend $100 for a rank 5 gem. In the U.S. the federal minimum wage is $7.25. 5.4x3 = 16.2. If you worked a minimum wage job you'd be able to get $100 to spend on a rank 5 gem faster than you would grinding your precious time on bgs. It would take around 14 hours to get $100. Now of course you get battlegrounds store tokens to spend which you could invest into 6 star rank 5s but it would take you an entire month (4 weeks) to get the catalysts needed. I haven't done the calculations yet but I will post in replies.

Comments

• Marvelfan30Marvelfan30 Member Posts: 1,173 ★★★★
    Coppin said:

Its for 1 season only....

And whales exist.....
  • PotatoGodPotatoGod Member Posts: 93
    Coppin said:

Which makes it even worse. If the boosted rewards can't get players caught up to the meta then kabam has really messed up. The funny thing is 3 weeks ago these rewards would've been totally fine lmao.
    XFREEDOMX said:

Well if you are making a bare minimum wage, spending on a mobile game should not be a wise decision! 😔

Not really the point. Its the fact that your time is worth more at a minimum wage job than actually playing the game and grinding out resources. Ofc you shouldn't be spending if you're a minimum wage worker.

I think the idea is that you play mcoc and BGs because you think it's fun, so it's not really comparable to working at a job.</blockqu
    That is true however this is really about that. Kabam is valuing your time playing the game less than minimum wage workers which should be a bad look on the company

• GreekhitGreekhit Member Posts: 2,820 ★★★★★

I think the idea is that you play mcoc and BGs because you think it's fun, so it's not really comparable to working at a job.

400k solo points using only energy, are entering the chat 😂
  • DL864DL864 Member Posts: 1,089 ★★★
    Here we go again another whiny post about ftp and time 🙄🙄🙄🙄
  • TyEdgeTyEdge Member Posts: 3,098 ★★★★★

I think the idea is that you play mcoc and BGs because you think it's fun, so it's not really comparable to working at a job.

I’ve read the forums before. I think the idea and the real world result aren’t fully matching.
    Mackey said:

PotatoGod said:

XFREEDOMX said:

Well if you are making a bare minimum wage, spending on a mobile game should not be a wise decision! 😔

Not really the point. Its the fact that your time is worth more at a minimum wage job than actually playing the game and grinding out resources. Ofc you shouldn't be spending if you're a minimum wage worker.
    Of course its worth more at work than playing a game filled with virtual items, at work you get money, one needs money for day to day life, one doesn't need to play MCOC to survive.

With that in mind, one would be very silly to spend that minimum wage on a game that gives virtual items that serve you zero use in your day to day life.

What was the point in this post?
    Its the fact that it is more worth your time to not play the game than to play it. Im not saying to go waste all your money on mcoc Im saying that Kabam values the time you play the game less than a minimum wage worker
    DL864 said:

Here we go again another whiny post about ftp and time 🙄🙄🙄🙄

Yeah? Thats the point. If you wanted me to shut up why don't you give me tens of thousands of dollars so I could continue to compete in the game. If you don't care that's all you but I want some actual change in the game rather than just letting people be able to outclass me in everyway because they're willing to spend more money than me
  • FlippFlipp Member Posts: 53
    Time is money. So instead of spending time, they spend money.
    DNA3000 said:

PotatoGod said:

Mackey said:

PotatoGod said:

XFREEDOMX said:

Of course its worth more at work than playing a game filled with virtual items, at work you get money, one needs money for day to day life, one doesn't need to play MCOC to survive.

With that in mind, one would be very silly to spend that minimum wage on a game that gives virtual items that serve you zero use in your day to day life.

What was the point in this post?
    Its the fact that it is more worth your time to not play the game than to play it. Im not saying to go waste all your money on mcoc Im saying that Kabam values the time you play the game less than a minimum wage worker
    It took me over 50 hours combined to watch the entire set of Infinity Saga MCU movies. And yet Marvel hasn't paid me a dime yet. Under this theory, they value my time at literally zero.

You can't compare time spent to cash spent for one simple reason. The time a player spends playing the game is not time Kabam receives. Kabam actually receives the cash that people spend on the game. Cash they can use to pay for stuff like rent, salaries, and other operational costs. The time players spend playing the game is not time Kabam can use for any purpose.

This is basically the ham sandwich semantic joke. Nothing is better than eternal happiness. A ham sandwich is better than nothing. Therefore, a ham sandwich is better than eternal happiness.

Players "spend" time playing the game, but that kind of spending is not the same kind of spending as players who spend cash on the game. The cash players spend is a tangible resource that is transferred to Kabam. The time players spend is simply a measure of the amount a clock moves while they happen to be playing the game. Nothing of value is transferred from the player to Kabam. If anything, the time players spend on the game is time they spend on themselves.

The rewards players earn in-game for playing the game are not payment for their time spent, any more than Queening a pawn in Chess is payment for playing the game. The game is not paying you for your time. You spend your time playing if you want to spend your time playing, and if you don't, Kabam has no intention of paying you to play.

Everything in the game, from the champions to the catalysts to the gold has the same value as the cherries in Pac Man. The cherries in Pac Man are not payment for your time. They are a thing you can get in the game that will improve your experience playing the game. The deal is, you can get those cherries by running around the game, or because every game costs money to run you can help support the costs of operating the game by giving the game operator money, in which case the game operator will give you some extra cherries to acknowledge that support.

The only thing you deserve, and the only thing you will ever get, for your time playing the game, is a game experience. That's it.
    To your first analogy, sure marvel has never paid you anything to watch their movies but the thing is you could watch all the infinity saga movies for 10$ a month or whatever disney + makes you pay the same way someone else could've spent 100s of dollars to watch those same movies, you won't get more or less from either and you get the same exact content. In mcoc spending 10$ and spending hundreds is an insane difference. If you're not at least somewhat whaley competing is out of the question for you. I have spent 300$ on this game and am still nowhere close to being able to compete at the top level.

Yes time is important when playing a game. Kabam would have a harder time advertising if people weren't playing their game over just spending on it and also they are consistently losing their long-term player base as you just cant compete with the money.

The rewards you earn are quite literally the payment for the time spent so you keep playing.

The thing is games like Fortnite that are 100% FTP and doesn't require any money spent to compete, and the game has earned hundreds of millions of dollars if not billions for completely cosmetic items in the game. Kabam is not forced to give players out any resources for money but they do it so they can earn money. They don't care about the playerbase until it will directly affect their pockets. Money spent shouldn't be a requirement to play but rather an option for people who may not want to complete everything or want an extra boost.

They have simply gone way too far with the deals they have made with it not being option 2 but rather the BETTER ALTERNATIVE. This is horrible for the longevity of the game. I genuinely care about the game and want to see it prosper which is why I made this post. This isn't the correct direction for the game and will hurt Kabam if they keep moving like this.

No game experience is not the only thing you can get out of a game. People make livings off of playing games. To say that someone like Seatin isn't making a livable wage off of content creation is just absurd.
  • CoppinCoppin Member Posts: 2,601 ★★★★★
    PotatoGod said:

Coppin said:

Which makes it even worse. If the boosted rewards can't get players caught up to the meta then kabam has really messed up. The funny thing is 3 weeks ago these rewards would've been totally fine lmao.
    What are you talking about? The rewards were bumped due to the lack of war, the rewards are similar to P3, P2 or somewhere in between those 2..
    Trying to tell me Conq/UC/Cav MUST get them? Good enough they have a shot at getting them; but entitled to them?
    Coppin said:

PotatoGod said:

Coppin said:

What are you talking about? The rewards were bumped due to the lack of war, the rewards are similar to P3, P2 or somewhere in between those 2..
    Trying to tell me Conq/UC/Cav MUST get them? Good enough they have a shot at getting them; but entitled to them?
    I never said that? These rewards aren't meta after the July 4th deals and simply aren't worth your time grinding for if you aren't enjoying that grind. Kabam very clearly didn't think about how bad the rewards were going to be after the sales and are simply **** now. They are only worth it if you aren't paragon and are still progressing
    PotatoGod said:

Coppin said:

PotatoGod said:

Coppin said:

I never said that? These rewards aren't meta after the July 4th deals and simply aren't worth your time grinding for if you aren't enjoying that grind. Kabam very clearly didn't think about how bad the rewards were going to be after the sales and are simply **** now. They are only worth it if you aren't paragon and are still progressing
    Who said anything about meta or not?
    They are similar to war rewards if there was a season...
    Coppin said:

PotatoGod said:

Coppin said:

PotatoGod said:

Coppin said:

But that's not the point
    PotatoGod said:

Coppin said:

PotatoGod said:

Coppin said:

PotatoGod said:

Coppin said:

But that's not the point
    Your point is stupid cause you are talking about 4th of July deals..
    The BG event started almost 2 weeks before the sale...if they matched the 4th of July meta.. the 4th of July sale wouldn't have been GREAT deals...
    Coppin said:

PotatoGod said:

Coppin said:

PotatoGod said:

Coppin said:

PotatoGod said:

Coppin said:

But that's not the point
    The BG event started almost 2 weeks before the sale...if they matched the 4th of July meta.. the 4th of July sale wouldn't have been GREAT deals...
    They didn't come up with the deals a day before they released. Also the bg rewards don't even give a r4 while the July 4th deals gave out 6 r5 for paragon deals only. They could've amped the bg rewards to anything lower than 2r5 and the July deals would still be insane
    edited July 2023
    PotatoGod said:

Coppin said:

PotatoGod said:

Coppin said:

PotatoGod said:

Coppin said:

PotatoGod said:

Coppin said:

But that's not the point
    They didn't come up with the deals a day before they released. Also the bg rewards don't even give a r4 while the July 4th deals gave out 6 r5 for paragon deals only. They could've amped the bg rewards to anything lower than 2r5 and the July deals would still be insane
    What part of "they made them to replace war rewards" don't you understand?... They are tailored FOR ALL PROGRESSION LVLS, You think they are gonna let CONQ/UC/Cav grind for r5s? 🤣
    1- The sale is supposed to be monstrous, not even a meta, they were always there and they were always economy breaking..
    2- This are not game engaging rewards, or improvements.. its a 1 time only cause War game mode is shut down and they are similar to the current war rewards... Has nothing to do with the current or past meta or 4th of july deals...Its basically moving war rewards into BGs for 1 season
    3- If you don't like them you don''t have to grind them really..
    4-

PS: love that you are bargaining for 2 R5s as if it was nothing 🤣
    Coppin said:

PotatoGod said:

Coppin said:

PotatoGod said:

Coppin said:

PotatoGod said:

Coppin said:

PotatoGod said:

Coppin said:

But that's not the point
    What part of "they made them to replace war rewards" don't you understand?... They are tailored FOR ALL PROGRESSION LVLS, You think they are gonna let CONQ/UC/Cav grind for r5s? 🤣
    1- The sale is supposed to be monstrous, not even a meta, they were always there and they were always economy breaking..
    2- This are not game engaging rewards, or improvements.. its a 1 time only cause War game mode is shut down and they are similar to the current war rewards... Has nothing to do with the current or past meta or 4th of july deals...Its basically moving war rewards into BGs for 1 season
    4-

Its not about what I should be expecting its about what Kabam should do. I couldnt care less that its supposed to be for everybody. I couldnt care less that sales are always overhauled. They need to allow the playerbase to catch up to the meta. These rewards have been the most we've gotten from kabam outside of sales and eop in a while which is frustrating. Also stop repeating the same talking points about how "Its for everyone" "They're a replacement for war" Ik what they are. I wasn't asking you to update me on whats happening in the game. It isn't the point of the post
    PotatoGod said:

Coppin said:

PotatoGod said:

Coppin said:

PotatoGod said:

Coppin said:

PotatoGod said:

Coppin said:

PotatoGod said:

Coppin said:

But that's not the point
    4-

Its not about what I should be expecting its about what Kabam should do. I couldnt care less that its supposed to be for everybody. I couldnt care less that sales are always overhauled. They need to allow the playerbase to catch up to the meta. These rewards have been the most we've gotten from kabam outside of sales and eop in a while which is frustrating. Also stop repeating the same talking points about how "Its for everyone" "They're a replacement for war" Ik what they are. I wasn't asking you to update me on whats happening in the game. It isn't the point of the post
    Your point is that this BG should have given you at least 2 R5s for grinding 400k points solo (only 100k more than other seasons) and 12 mill as an alliance.. get real dude...
    Carina's Challenge has 1 r5; but you want 2 for BG milestones.. 🤣🤣
    Coppin said:

PotatoGod said:

Coppin said:

PotatoGod said:

Coppin said:

PotatoGod said:

Coppin said:

PotatoGod said:

Coppin said:

PotatoGod said:

Coppin said:

But that's not the point
    4-

Your point is that this BG should have given you at least 2 R5s for grinding 400k points solo (only 100k more than other seasons) and 12 mill as an alliance.. get real dude...
    God can you read? I never said I wanted 2r5s. Also you're acting like 400k is an easy thing to do and for every alliance member to get. "Get Real" Like sure but being realistic here doesn't mean I shouldn't want it to change
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 0 ★★★★
    As a free to play, there are a lot of arguments to be made that the economy is unfairly balanced, but the BGs milestones aren't made to be the main source of rankup materials. The point of grinding in mcoc is that you can get what you want by completing everything. If completing all the available content is still underwhelming comparatively, that's a different story.
    PotatoGod said:

Coppin said:

PotatoGod said:

Coppin said:

PotatoGod said:

Coppin said:

PotatoGod said:

Coppin said:

PotatoGod said:

Coppin said:

PotatoGod said:

Coppin said:

But that's not the point
    4-

God can you read? I never said I wanted 2r5s. Also you're acting like 400k is an easy thing to do and for every alliance member to get. "Get Real" Like sure but being realistic here doesn't mean I shouldn't want it to change
    400k is easy considering the regular season ones were 300k 🤷