**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.
Options

New progression level

Anyone have thoughts or Information on it and what it could look like. I’m asking because a friend of mine said it would be 8.2 100% and 3 7r2 xD.

Comments

• Options
    ReignkingTWReignkingTW Posts: 2,538 ★★★★★
    no
  • Options
    ButtehrsButtehrs Posts: 4,798 ★★★★★
    Well 8.2 has been here for a while and there isn't a new level announced. 8.3 is in a few months, still nothing announced. My bet is 8.4 and 7* r3s.
  • Options
    Fit_Fun9329Fit_Fun9329 Posts: 1,838 ★★★★★
    In my opinion your friend is slightly wrong.

My assumption is that the new progression title will be bound to 7* r3 champs. The amount of three seems about right but not this year
  • Options
    Darkness275Darkness275 Posts: 819 ★★★★

Anyone have thoughts or Information on it and what it could look like. I’m asking because a friend of mine said it would be 8.2 100% and 3 7r2 xD.

So far they have kept it as completion, not exploration. It's not completely out of the realm of possibility but I'm pretty sure they would do the same, tie it to the defeat of a chapter/act boss rather than full 100% exploration. The 3 7* r2, you're probably right on the mark. Depending on the timing - if it's not for another year or so... 2 R3
  • Options
    BocksaroxBocksarox Posts: 329 ★★★
    I think Kabam needs to release a new progression title before Cyber Weekend. 8.3 falls in line with that time frame. I think the roster requirement will be three 7*s at R2.
  • Options
    MrSakuragiMrSakuragi Posts: 4,037 ★★★★★
    Hopefully Paragon gets the missing pieces added before a new level comes - and the new one is fully baked on release
  • Options
    Fit_Fun9329Fit_Fun9329 Posts: 1,838 ★★★★★

Hopefully Paragon gets the missing pieces added before a new level comes - and the new one is fully baked on release

It’s your fault now - I need cake
  • Options
    willrun4adonutwillrun4adonut Posts: 3,195 ★★★★★
    I'm going to say that it'll be 7r3 but one of each class. Got to keep the challenge up.
  • Options
    DNA3000DNA3000 Posts: 18,694 Guardian

Your friend is guessing, and that's not a particularly good guess.

It is highly unlikely Kabam would make any progression tier require 100% of any Act. There are design reasons why, but the bottom line is that for a while now the devs have treated story content (and in fact, even monthly content to some degree) as a "completion mandatory, exploration optional" thing. This gives them the flexibility to add interesting (for some definition of interesting) node combination and new mechanics to that content to spice it up, without worrying that if they make it too hard or weird it will blockade progress - as Act 6 once did with super hard (for many) bosses. Requiring 100% exploration for any story arc chapter would be going against this design philosophy.

I also think it is unlikely at this point that the next progression tier would require R2s. I thought it was 60/40 a while ago that the next progression tier would require R2s - because of the problems inherent in the overlap between 6* R5 and 7* R2. But with the flood of R2 materials added to the game since then, there's almost no chance that the next progression tier will require any number of those. There's just too many of them: the next progression tier would essentially be not just easy for a high number of top players to reach, it would be a completely non-event. They'd not only have them, they'd be way past them.

At the bare minimum, I now think R3 is the next progression requirement target. Not only does it make the R5/R2 overlap moot, its something no one has yet, so no one can be already over it. It is still something to strive for.
  • Options
    DNA3000DNA3000 Posts: 18,694 Guardian

I'm going to say that it'll be 7r3 but one of each class. Got to keep the challenge up.

Not as long as class materials are random. Also, there was a very extensive (internal) discussion surrounding the requirements for Thronebreaker. A point many made was that one issue to consider was the fact that players might feel "forced" to do a rank up they didn't actually want to make, but felt was critical to keep up with progression. I think requiring one of each class would exacerbate such feelings too much, even with the average value of 7* champs being much higher than it was for 6s.
  • Options
    doctorbdoctorb Posts: 1,728 ★★★
    edited July 2023
    I'm ready.
    Instead of r5 my 6*, been saving for 7*.
    Have enough to bring 3 7* to r2.
    Also been saving 7* crystals for next drop.

😋
  • Options
    DeaconDeacon Posts: 4,070 ★★★★★
    why why why and why is a next progression even necessary? Paragon is still a thing .. even it was decidedly rushed after Thronebreaker. neither of those progression titles were even ready when it comes to the offerings summoners get.

and even if they are thinking about this there's simply zero way it would require.a 7R3. only one person in the world would even qualify for it. the point of progression is not only goal oriented but also such that you have a generous starting pool of players.

you're talking about ticking off the entire ecosystem of players minus one and Kabam just isn't going to do that.

i hope there isn't a new progression one for a while. one that when it eventually does come, all the crystals are ready, the bonuses are ready, the calendar is ready et al. i'd like a fully realized title and none of the "coming soon" or "later" tidbits.
  • Options
    PikoluPikolu Posts: 6,695 Guardian
    Deacon said:

why why why and why is a next progression even necessary?

Money. Get whales to spend for the newest best stuff without allowing new paragons to get a hold of it themselves.

• Options
    DeaconDeacon Posts: 4,070 ★★★★★
    Pikolu said:

Deacon said:

why why why and why is a next progression even necessary?

Money. Get whales to spend for the newest best stuff without allowing new paragons to get a hold of it themselves.

yep unfortunately