famous youtuber bought his account. made a video about it and it's still not banned

Comments

• Savage123456789Savage123456789 Member Posts: 737 ★★★
    Can't tell if this is hating on KT1 or just trying to get a response from Kabam so they can have something to be mad about at Kabam
  • obsidimanobsidiman Member Posts: 924 ★★★
    @DNA3000 so dial up is no longer a feasible method of internet access? What does that mean for my AOL account?
  • DNA3000DNA3000 Member, Guardian Posts: 19,376 Guardian
    obsidiman said:

@DNA3000 so dial up is no longer a feasible method of internet access? What does that mean for my AOL account?

The bad news is you're always going to be limited to 0.05Mb/sec. The good news is you can probably scrounge up enough free AoL CDs to cover your next fifty thousand years of service.
  • bm3eppsbm3epps Member Posts: 1,157 ★★★
    😭leave KT1 alone..
  • Qwerty12345Qwerty12345 Member Posts: 835 ★★★★
    I'm all for 2nd chances, and to the best of my knowledge KT1 has been a good standing member of the community for at least 2-3 years.

I do think there should be some clarification though on "how long you have to be clean" or what offenses are ok after a certain amount of time (similar to say how moving offenses points work in the US)... and it should be a cut and dry rule that applies to everyone... whether you are a well liked person in the community, a member of the CCP, a kabam employee, or someone everyone seems to "love to hate".

If I had to say one thing though... for those who have a "questionable past"... putting up videos of others they suspect are breaking the rules is a bit of the pot calling the kettle black.
  • GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Member Posts: 36,500 ★★★★★

If I had to say one thing though... for those who have a "questionable past"... putting up videos of others they suspect are breaking the rules is a bit of the pot calling the kettle black.

I disagree. In fact they might be the best people. Same reason government agencies hire elite hackers to work for them after they are finally caught after years and years of trying. Code dagoth figured out a way to cheat at the arena without even playing or being logged into the game. He simply told kabaams servers how many points he got in arena. I'm sure he would be much more efficient at catching cheaters than the person who kabaam hired seemingly a few years ago, who still goes through results manually to identify the cheaters.
    I'm actually with the other Poster. You lose credibility. Not to mention no one can trust someone who turns on any side that suits them.
    Not really directed at KT, just the subject in general.
  • Little_Crocodili29Little_Crocodili29 Member Posts: 309 ★★★
    And this is another reason why I don't spend a penny on this game. The whole "rules for thee but not for me" attitude..

KT should have been dealt with many years ago when he did the wrong things that he did.

I don't feel sorry for him at all hearing him explain himself away. He should have been banned and every account he didn't play or acquire ligitimately as per kabam's tos should have been shut down. But he got away with it. That's that. Him making these Own Up videos now embarass kabam more than him imo. Not that they care an iota, let's be honest.

I do watch some of KT's content which I find to be informative. But him as a player of this game? I rate very low. Not speaking of skills obv. I'd have respect for him if he had started a fresh account and taken it from there. It's like his whole Rank up video series. I never watch those coz A) I find those quite boring and B) again, I have no respect for his account. Not that he needs it either but since we're all throwing our 2 cents around here in the town square.
  • Little_Crocodili29Little_Crocodili29 Member Posts: 309 ★★★

And this is another reason why I don't spend a penny on this game. The whole "rules for thee but not for me" attitude..

KT should have been dealt with many years ago when he did the wrong things that he did.

I don't feel sorry for him at all hearing him explain himself away. He should have been banned and every account he didn't play or acquire ligitimately as per kabam's tos should have been shut down. But he got away with it. That's that. Him making these Own Up videos now embarass kabam more than him imo. Not that they care an iota, let's be honest.

I do watch some of KT's content which I find to be informative. But him as a player of this game? I rate very low. Not speaking of skills obv. I'd have respect for him if he had started a fresh account and taken it from there. It's like his whole Rank up video series. I never watch those coz A) I find those quite boring and B) again, I have no respect for his account. Not that he needs it either but since we're all throwing our 2 cents around here in the town square.

Why are you assuming he was never punished? We’re talking about things from several years ago. It’s possible that he served some time for what he did, but that’s not for anyone but him and Kabam to know. Kabam isn’t going to discuss anyone’s accounts and he has a right to keep whatever personal information private as he sees fit.
    Yep! I assume that coz otherwise it would be the first thing he'd say to counter and shut up whoever keeps tauting him about his past indiscretions... but he doesn't.

And I don't care whichever way tbh. He has a huge fan base. He does lots to advertise this game. And he's far from the most worthy to get kicked out of the game the past many years. I get all that. He's been clean? Good for him. Can't wipe out the past tho. Especially when he brings it up himself for all to hear about it.