**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.
Options

Cassie Lang and Rintrah interaction

I was doing practice fight between cassie lang and rintrah, but why rintrah getting power gain for buff failed, as cassie is immune to buff ? Please explain.

Comments

• Options
    CyborgNinja135CyborgNinja135 Posts: 1,113 ★★★★
    Buff failed due to ability accuracy reduction from neutralize. AAR checks take precedence before immunities. This applies to any buff immune character going against neutralize, unless they have some form of ability accuracy reduction immunity
  • Options
    AverageDesiAverageDesi Posts: 5,260 ★★★★★
    Cassie failed to gain buff due to aar
  • Options
    I_tell_no_tales_1I_tell_no_tales_1 Posts: 1,193 ★★★★

@Cap_Ezio25
    TL:DR - Neutralise got to her, before her immunity did

Longer version:
    Buff-immune champions work (roughly*) like this when Dexing:
    (With apologies for any slight inaccuracies - I am not a programmer, but I've been involved in a lot of these discussions!)

1. Player initiates a well-timed dash back to avoid being struck.
    2. Game engine determines that they are not struck
    3. Game engine determines that they have activated Dexterity
    4. Game engine checks the characters Ability Accuracy, and any factors impacting it (e.g. Domino, concussion, Awakened abilities, etc)
    5. Game engine attempts to generate a Precision buff, based on the character's modified ability Accuracy.
    6. If a buff is generated, game engine attempts to apply it to the champion
    7. Game engine checks for immunities that would prevent buff being applied. If none, buff is applied.
    8. Game engine checks for abilities triggered when an immunity is triggered (e.g. pausing debuffs, gaining Shield charges)
    So, Neutralise applies at a much earlier stage (5) than immunities do. So the champion t never gets to even trigger the immunity (7).

So does that mean that we can prevent Apocalypse from getting bleed immunity if we use Archangel and get like 3 neuros?
  • Options

@Cap_Ezio25

Longer version:
    (With apologies for any slight inaccuracies - I am not a programmer, but I've been involved in a lot of these discussions!)

4. Game engine checks the characters Ability Accuracy, and any factors impacting it (e.g. Domino, concussion, Awakened abilities, etc)
    5. Game engine attempts to generate a Precision buff, based on the character's modified ability Accuracy.
    7. Game engine checks for immunities that would prevent buff being applied. If none, buff is applied.
    8. Game engine checks for abilities triggered when an immunity is triggered (e.g. pausing debuffs, gaining Shield charges)
    So, Neutralise applies at a much earlier stage (5) than immunities do. So the champion t never gets to even trigger the immunity (7).

So does that mean that we can prevent Apocalypse from getting bleed immunity if we use Archangel and get like 3 neuros?
    Apocs ability to gain immunity is very likely immune to AAR. So no. Will have to test it though. But I'm pretty sure.

And whether he can or cannot is independent of the way buff immunity and aar interact
  • Options
    Colinwhitworth69Colinwhitworth69 Posts: 7,185 ★★★★★

@Cap_Ezio25

Longer version:

I wish this website had only posts like this.
  • Options

@Cap_Ezio25

Longer version:

I wish this website had only posts like this.
    You can start