**KNOWN AW ISSUE**
Please be aware, there is a known issue with Saga badging when observing the AW map.
The team have found the source of the issue and will be updating with our next build.
We apologize for the inconvenience.
Options

Kindred is a dissapointment

Comments

• Options
    Darkraw346Darkraw346 Posts: 2,088 ★★★★

He's weak.

They are weak. Fixed it for you.
    Oh yeah, right
  • Options
    GlazzyBearGlazzyBear Posts: 134 ★★
    edited July 2023
    Terra said:

He's not even fully out yet to the hands of most.
    Give it time. First impressions can always be deceiving.
    Remember how everyone reacted to Torch or Corvus?

Bad comparison because Torch and Corvus actually have amazing dps. Kindred is definitely in need of a value buff from first impressions...

Edit: I knew torch was good from the start because of Lagacy (and he got buffed anyways lol) and corvus never had anything like that to my knowledge wasnt it apocalypse?
  • Options
    edited July 2023

Terra said:

I knew torch was good from the start because of Lagacy
    Even Lags wasn't on the Torch Train from the very beginning lol. Everyone thought he was bad for a long while. Kabam was already committed to buffing him before Lags started showing how effective he is - that's why he got buffed regardless. Even Kabam thought he was underwhelming or at least noticed he wasn't being used much.

Terra said:

corvus never had anything like that to my knowledge wasnt it apocalypse?
    Nah, tons of people thought Corvus was bad when he first released. Same with Omega Red. Apocalypse got some hate when the Deep Dives dropped but those people shut their mouths once the CCP videos dropped and he arrived to the game.
  • Options
    Maxwell24Maxwell24 Posts: 413 ★★★

Not every champ will be dishing out big numbers. Korg is not op on attack but very valuable as a defender not every champ will be offense focused.

Korg has some of the best damage output in the game with synergies so bad example lol
    Korg's damage, even with Synergies, is not remotely close to "some of the best in the game"

Not every champ will be dishing out big numbers. Korg is not op on attack but very valuable as a defender not every champ will be offense focused.

Korg has some of the best damage output in the game with synergies so bad example lol
    Korg's damage, even with Synergies, is not remotely close to "some of the best in the game"
    Slayers right, Iron Fist on the other hand tho...
  • Options
    UnOriginalUnOriginal Posts: 727 ★★★

Who is the best one? I know longshot and sinergised agent venom and CGR are high up there but is there a best?
  • Options
    Pikolu said:

Who is the best one? I know longshot and sinergised agent venom and CGR are high up there but is there a best?
    CGR in the right hands or Hela with synergies in the right hands have my vote. Their 4* versions have taken down abyss enemies while hitting the damage cap.
    Imo, "highest damage" doesn't always mean "best damage"
  • Options

Not even close
    Get ready to eat your words.

https://youtu.be/gHh7PG4oneA
  • Options
    edited July 2023

Pikolu said:

CGR in the right hands or Hela with synergies in the right hands have my vote. Their 4* versions have taken down abyss enemies while hitting the damage cap.
    Imo, "highest damage" doesn't always mean "best damage"
    Tbh I don't even get that sentence. What seperates "good damage" from "best damage"? High damage is high damage in my opinion lol. And I don't see kindred hitting for 30k mediums nor do I seem them dealing insane or even moderate amounts of DoT. Still think a tune up is warranted
  • Options
    AxewAxew Posts: 620 ★★★★

Maxwell24 said:

He's weak.

In game its actually a he according to HIS bio

They are two people according to their bio

But in the comics the purple outfit for Kindred is worn by Sarah Stacy, Gabriel has a brown outfit. It would make sense for this version to be Sarah.

Also, not sure if Auntm.ai is the most reliable source, but Kindred is labeled as female there.

• Options
    edited July 2023
    Axew said:

Maxwell24 said:

He's weak.

In game its actually a he according to HIS bio

They are two people according to their bio

But in the comics the purple outfit for Kindred is worn by Sarah Stacy, Gabriel has a brown outfit. It would make sense for this version to be Sarah.
    Kindred's design changes a bit depending on the artist. So I think this point holds little value.

Also, it's kinda ambiguous in comics for a reason. At one point, we think Kindred is Harry. Even Gwen herself (or some kind of clone), I think.

Also also, this could very well be MCOC's own slightly different rendition of Kindred.

With how Kindred's bio reads, Kabam are seeming to want to leave their identity ambiguous themselves.

I'm suspecting they will update the bio later anyways, because Sarah's name is actually wrong. They called her Stacy Osborne for some reason. They also spelt "Osborn" wrong.

P.S. pretty sure champions can only have the Male or Female tag. Maybe I will bring this up to Kabam or something. Tagging them as both would be cool.
  • Options
    AMS94AMS94 Posts: 1,776 ★★★★★
    They went too heavy on defense & completely overlooked the offense even though he has a decent kit
    This reminds me of Korg & pre-buff Ebony Maw.....too much in defense, disappointing in offense
  • Options
    MystiKayMystiKay Posts: 90
    edited July 2023

Time to bring in some times. This is a 6R3 Kindred versus a Drax on a CCP map we have. The health is similar to RoL.

What's the difference between both times? The sig. The second one was done with pretty much full health, and since Drax rarely gains buffs on Defense, it took so damn long.

The first fight, I used the sig. Got down to the root and healed back to about half health after. The lower the health, the stronger the Degen, and combined to Drax hitting me and gaining more furies than the second fight, the first 50% of Drax were great. After that, no more good Furies to expire and Kindred had more health. Some food for thought
  • Options
    RuwqiersaRuwqiersa Posts: 703 ★★★
    edited July 2023

“apoc is a dud”
    “doom sucks”

wait until you can get your hands on him and try for yourself

also don’t you have a rank 5 psycho man, who is considered to be one of the weakest tech champions? You should know it’s not beneficial to judge a book by it’s cover

Why you dont also give examples of correct early reviews that the community made? "We were wrong about apoc, torch, doom" so we shouldnt say anything isnt really valid. We also predicted which champions will be good and which wont so many times. At the least doesnt mean this kind of discussions cant happen
  • Options
    BigPoppaCBONEBigPoppaCBONE Posts: 2,344 ★★★★★

Ruwqiersa said:

I will just make the point that not every champion needs to be good on offence all over the place to have a worthy place in the game. A champion doesn’t even need to be overly useful on offence at all to have a place in the game - see Korg, Mephisto, Maw to some extent.

These champions are worth having and ranking for BGs and AW any day.

And not to mention, having tested Kindred, they’re actually pretty nice for buff matchups. That’s their offensive strength but they are mainly a defender.

The game needs defenders to make the meta interesting, I see people grumble that Kabam make defenders to grab cash, but that’s really not true. Defenders can be used by you on AW defence and BG defence to win - that’s a player positive.

No, it may not be as interesting at first as an attacking god who comes out and everyone loves. But if every champ is an attacker or a two way attacker/defender, the game is more likely to get stale. And when you pull Kindred and rank them up and see the bodies laying around once you place them on defence, you’ll be glad you did.

Kindred has their offensive place, but will mainly be a defender. That doesn’t mean they need a buff. A champion has a very specific target when they’re added to the game, Kindred may hit theirs in buff matchups and on defence, but they might not need to perform well elsewhere to hit their overall target.

Champions don’t need to, and won’t, be good everywhere.

How would exactly dual threat champions coming out make the game more stale? A good defender and attacker is always better and more fun than just a defender.
    I mean if only one sort of champion came out. It’s why we see a range. Silk is more of an attacker. Kindred is more of a defender. Adam warlock is a two way. All in the last few months.

I also know that the average player would always want attackers or dual threat champs, and wouldn’t vote for defender only champs given the choice. But it’s important for game balance, and overall fun, to have defender only champs
    Hard disagree. Defender only champs suck. A champ that's made to only be "fun" and effective when you're not actually playing them is a failed champ, IMO. Balancing the game by having the spectrum from awesome glass cannon through all-rounder to strictly defensive stopper sounds good, but it's misleading because you're not active on defense in this game. You aren't setting anything important and you won't even see what your defender does in most cases. No good reason for having champs that suck to actually play. Making champs fun and effective on offense and defense is not an easy ask, but they could introduce lots of variation. It would probably be much more complex than Kabam wants, but they've made champs like Hulkbuster and others that have different abilities on offense and defense before.
  • Options
    RuwqiersaRuwqiersa Posts: 703 ★★★

Ruwqiersa said:

I will just make the point that not every champion needs to be good on offence all over the place to have a worthy place in the game. A champion doesn’t even need to be overly useful on offence at all to have a place in the game - see Korg, Mephisto, Maw to some extent.

And not to mention, having tested Kindred, they’re actually pretty nice for buff matchups. That’s their offensive strength but they are mainly a defender.

The game needs defenders to make the meta interesting, I see people grumble that Kabam make defenders to grab cash, but that’s really not true. Defenders can be used by you on AW defence and BG defence to win - that’s a player positive.

No, it may not be as interesting at first as an attacking god who comes out and everyone loves. But if every champ is an attacker or a two way attacker/defender, the game is more likely to get stale. And when you pull Kindred and rank them up and see the bodies laying around once you place them on defence, you’ll be glad you did.

Kindred has their offensive place, but will mainly be a defender. That doesn’t mean they need a buff. A champion has a very specific target when they’re added to the game, Kindred may hit theirs in buff matchups and on defence, but they might not need to perform well elsewhere to hit their overall target.

How would exactly dual threat champions coming out make the game more stale? A good defender and attacker is always better and more fun than just a defender.
    I mean if only one sort of champion came out. It’s why we see a range. Silk is more of an attacker. Kindred is more of a defender. Adam warlock is a two way. All in the last few months.

I also know that the average player would always want attackers or dual threat champs, and wouldn’t vote for defender only champs given the choice. But it’s important for game balance, and overall fun, to have defender only champs
    The thing you talking about sounds like
    "If we only get fun champs game would get stale cuz we would get one "kind" of champion everytime". There is types of "kind" basically. And for some reason you try to reduce the dual threats releasing into that kind of reasoning.
  • Options
    RasiloverRasilover Posts: 1,469 ★★★★
    Not the Apoc situation again. 😨
  • Options
    BitterSteelBitterSteel Posts: 9,262 ★★★★★
    Ruwqiersa said:

Ruwqiersa said:

The thing you talking about sounds like
    "If we only get fun champs game would get stale cuz we would get one "kind" of champion everytime". There is types of "kind" basically. And for some reason you try to reduce the dual threats releasing into that kind of reasoning.
    I’m saying a range of type of champion is healthy. In the same way that saying that adding dual use champs are good, isn’t saying “I want less attackers only champs”. I’m just saying there’s a balance (and it doesn’t even need to be 33% each). Just that occasionally there are defensive leaning champions that shake up the meta, and they don’t have to be equally as good on attack. Simple as that.