Samsung Game Launcher/Booster okay to use?

Crine60Crine60 Member Posts: 1,415 ★★★★
I got a Samsung phone recently that has an app called Game Launcher that I can launch the game through (obvious, I know) but it also has a menu option called Game Booster which apparently allows me to block notifications/texts during play and have some kind of floating button to do a screen recording or something along with a game optimization setting of performance, standard or battery saver. It doesn't seem like anything in there should be considered cheating but the name Game Booster has me wondering if it would somehow be viewed as modifying the game in some way that would lead to a ban.

It seems like it is mainly about settings on my phone, but does anyone know anything about it specifically to say whether it is safe to use or not. The only thing of interest to me is the notification blocking so things don't pop up on the screen while I am in a fight but I don't know if launching the game through their launcher instead of just clicking the game icon in my apps list and then having those other settings is problematic.

Comments

• Caleb1705Caleb1705 Member Posts: 259 ★★★
    Just Samsung's take on Google Play. Like you said it just affects phone settings like DND and brightness, it's not an actual launcher or emulator.