**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.
Options

RIP to what was the greatest value offer in the game…

FurrymoosenFurrymoosen Posts: 2,225 ★★★★★
What was:

What now is:

Grateful that I don’t need this, but condolences to the players who may have been waiting for it to swing back around. Not even kinda worth it anymore.

Comments

• Options
    TyEdgeTyEdge Posts: 2,965 ★★★★★
    edited July 2023
    Edit: my brain was moving these numbers around and this is a joke. I was seeing the “limit 5” and putting it on the core selector when I scrolled past. Awful deal.
  • Options
    Vegeta9001Vegeta9001 Posts: 1,348 ★★★★
    I actually needed suicides on my alt, and the old school mastery booster pack would've been half tempting had it been $14.99 but this one is actually a joke, almost as bad s value as the in-game offers you get.
  • Options
    NastyPhishNastyPhish Posts: 583 ★★★
    edited July 2023
    The masteries in this game are garbage. They used to be good. Until Kabam Nerfed every mastery that had any actual value down into a shadow of its former self. With Zero Information or Compensation regarding them.

Now they are ****

And that’s the nice way I can put it.

They are overpriced.
    They’ve been nerfed to be **** (despair, willpower, I’m looking at you, far from useless, but definitely 90% weaker than they used to be).
    The free ones (hp%, atk%. Etc) are actually stupid. Stupidly terrible values/point.
    The class ones aren’t worth unlocking. (Except MD, maybe collar tech if you’re Swedeah)
    The scout ones are an actual rip off. Considering scouting isn’t a thing now. They should be removed. But I bet I can buy em 🤷‍♂️.

In short, and without putting myself on tilt over this 7 year old problem, masteries are no longer the place to spend your units early game.

If you have 1k units for two carbs. Well that’s enough to push the next title. You should do that instead.

And this cash deal just cements, like rock solid, how totally dead/outdated the entire mastery system is. The masteries themselves and the way we unlock them. RIP
  • Options
    Cap_MuricaCap_Murica Posts: 159 ★★
    Glad I stocked up on cores with the last 2 offers!
  • Options
    DrZola said:

The real joke will be if Mastery 2.0 comes out next week…

Dr. Zola

• Options
    Godslayer_1Godslayer_1 Posts: 329 ★★★
    Didn't they also sell them out for less units in store?

When did they stop it?
  • Options
    SirGamesBondSirGamesBond Posts: 4,221 ★★★★★
    Monetization era has begun.
    Let the wallets roll
  • Options
    ahmynutsahmynuts Posts: 5,992 ★★★★★

Let the wallets roll

Begun? No no fellow summoner. It's been here the entire time
  • Options
    SirGamesBondSirGamesBond Posts: 4,221 ★★★★★
    ahmynuts said:

Let the wallets roll

Begun? No no fellow summoner. It's been here the entire time
    I have adviced spenders to get the previous mastery offer. Now I can't even do that as its horrible.
  • Options
    HungaryHippoHungaryHippo Posts: 773 ★★★★

Waiting for Kabam knights to defend the changes or personally attack the OP. :lol:

Curious how conspicuously absent they are when they seem to be everywhere.
  • Options
    edited July 2023

Waiting for Kabam knights to defend the changes or personally attack the OP :lol:

I don’t see that happening. Main reason is that all I did was point out something that everyone can see as objective truth. The offer use to be amazing, now (at least comparatively) it is horrible. What I didn’t do is badmouth Kabam in any way, which is what a lot of players with complaints about something do. That is what often draws the defenders (and at times myself) out to say something. Complaints that devolve into attacks aren’t beneficial and often lack some sort of realistic outlook on what’s happening.
    When it comes to this offer, Kabam didn’t even swing, they took the third strike looking and lost the game. No one can successfully argue otherwise on this one.
  • Options

Didn't they also sell them out for less units in store?

When did they stop it?

They did change it to a unit deal once. It was 1k units for the previous deal. Not as good as $20 since that’s over $30 units worth of deals, but it did at least make it F2P friendly and was still better than its newest iteration.