Alliance Application Requirements

Mattn1288Mattn1288 Member Posts: 11
edited July 2023 in Suggestions and Requests
I would like to suggest the implementation of some sort of parameters alliance officers or just the leader can set for alliance applications. Whether it be a minimum PI, Prestige, Progression Title, etc.

Everytime we remove or lose a member we get immediately flooded with new accounts and it’s exhausting having to kick hundreds of them before finally getting someone remotely decent. I understand a newly made alliance getting flooded with auto joined new players but not some one like us that has been around for years and is decently ranked.

Comments

• DemonzfyreDemonzfyre Member Posts: 21,829 ★★★★★
    You can set whatever requirements you want but you'll have to close your alliance. You'll have to then recruit like everyone else. I am not sure what your ally situation is but even if they did add those requirements (which would be good to have), you'd still have to worry about the integrity of anyone who joins.
  • SummonerNRSummonerNR Member, Guardian Posts: 12,338 Guardian
    edited July 2023

You can set whatever requirements you want but you'll have to close your alliance. You'll have to then recruit like everyone else. I am not sure what your ally situation is but even if they did add those requirements (which would be good to have), you'd still have to worry about the integrity of anyone who joins.

Primarily because the current Auto-Recommend-Join is broken, but they are asking that leadership can set some parameters (that Kabam would have to add coding for, and add those as part of the GUI screens, etc), where they could select some minimum amount of Roster Rating and/or Perstige (and maybe even Progression Level, TB, Cav, etc)

That was the Automatic-Join would PREVENT them from automatically joining that alliance if their rating does not meet the “required rating” that the alliance set.

They are NOT talking about requirements that the alliance would verbally convey as part of their Alliance Info page, or chatting with potential players, etc. It would be something new implemented into the code for the game.
  • Mattn1288Mattn1288 Member Posts: 11

Primarily because the current Auto-Recommend-Join is broken, but they are asking that leadership can set some parameters (that Kabam would have to add coding for, and add those as part of the GUI screens, etc), where they could select some minimum amount of Roster Rating and/or Perstige (and maybe even Progression Level, TB, Cav, etc)

That was the Automatic-Join would PREVENT them from automatically joining that alliance if their rating does not meet the “required rating” that the alliance set.

They are NOT talking about requirements that the alliance would verbally convey as part of their Alliance Info page, or chatting with potential players, etc. It would be something new implemented into the code for the game.
    Yes, this is what I meant. You did a much better job of explaining it than I did.
  • KRACETOSKRACETOS Member Posts: 76
    edited July 2023
    You can set your alliance to invite only and then no randoms will fill the spots when you have openings. They will have to "request to join" and will only be added if the leader or an officer accepts. It sounds like like the only issue is you all leave your alliance on "open" @Mattn1288
  • Mattn1288Mattn1288 Member Posts: 11
    KRACETOS said:

You can set your alliance to invite only and then no randoms will fill the spots when you have openings. They will have to "request to join" and will only be added if the leader or an officer accepts. It sounds like like the only issue is you all leave your alliance on "open" @Mattn1288

I realize that is the current way of doing things. Been a leader for several years, I know how it works. I’m suggesting a tool to make our lives better. We don’t always have time to recruit. People also don’t have patience to wait for their application to be accepted. It would be nice to have a system in place that would allow people to join freely if they meet an alliances minimum requirements.

Also, the annoying part that I was describing above is we are getting accounts auto assigned to us. They literally get assigned faster than we can kick them. If some random 50k character joins and we have to boot them it’s one thing. Problem is that person is immediately replaced with a person that is joining an alliance for the first time and being placed with us. It’s a waste of time for us to have to kick these people and a waste of time/bad experience for the person just starting out.

At the very least allow us to opt out of that auto join function for new players. We are by no means top tier but we are a gold 1/2 alliance with a 60+ million roster. A new player shouldn’t be auto placed with us.
  • KRACETOSKRACETOS Member Posts: 76
    Mattn1288 said:

KRACETOS said:

I realize that is the current way of doing things. Been a leader for several years, I know how it works. I’m suggesting a tool to make our lives better. We don’t always have time to recruit. People also don’t have patience to wait for their application to be accepted. It would be nice to have a system in place that would allow people to join freely if they meet an alliances minimum requirements.

Also, the annoying part that I was describing above is we are getting accounts auto assigned to us. They literally get assigned faster than we can kick them. If some random 50k character joins and we have to boot them it’s one thing. Problem is that person is immediately replaced with a person that is joining an alliance for the first time and being placed with us. It’s a waste of time for us to have to kick these people and a waste of time/bad experience for the person just starting out.

At the very least allow us to opt out of that auto join function for new players. We are by no means top tier but we are a gold 1/2 alliance with a 60+ million roster. A new player shouldn’t be auto placed with us.
    Yes....put your alliance closed or invite only and this will be resolved.