BattleGrounds Bases

NastyPhishNastyPhish Member Posts: 583 ★★★
edited July 2023 in General Discussion
Just the beginning of an idea.

A static defense map bg mode.
Two lanes that Cross between them so you can choose the fights and nodes you disable. Like a solo incursions map with two bosses.

Link nodes disable that node on the remaining fights.
Live bans and drafts just like bgs.
Scoring same as BGs. But totaled over all 3 or 4 fights.
Champs are used-up just like in bgs. Can’t do more than one fight.
If they lose, they proceed passed the fight but only score what they score. Meaning they get to do all the fights. Win or lose.

So we basically just set up our map.
Then all we have to do is ok the deck and que. We match someone and do bans. We then draft our attackers at the same time (same timer for both) and hit go. After that, there is no place we need to “line up”, so to speak, so nothing is timer locked. You can just do the fights at your pace.

Since we only draft attackers. The mode would seem more action packed and fast paced. Less time before actually fighting. And less time between fights. Also since it’s a total and not fight vs fight comparison. Not only is there little to no down time, but since scoring is a total, you could finish your matches and reque instantly and Get the results of that match in the mail later. Again because it’s a total score, not a per fight score.

I could also see this mode being an AFK PVP mode, so to speak. Like a challenge mode. They challenge a base. Get mine. We skip bans. They draft their team and Put up their score. After, I get a mail that “my base has been defeated” and I can challenge back, during which I draft my team and have to beat their base with a higher score.

The strengths of afk pvp would be never needing for either player to be online at the same time. Or even que at the same time. As well as the game mode itself having little down time.

And because we are still fighting the AI either way, it’s not even really less competitive. Just different competitive, than a live fight/fight comparison.

But I’m sure some of the very smart people on these forums could help me make this ok idea, great!