**KNOWN AW ISSUE**
Please be aware, there is a known issue with Saga badging when observing the AW map.
The team have found the source of the issue and will be updating with our next build.
We apologize for the inconvenience.
**KNOWN BUG - SPRING OF SORROW ANNIHILUS**
Currently, Annihilus has their Signature ability erroneously set to 1 - it should be 0.

The team will be fixing this issue ASAP.

Thank you for your patience.
Options

Breaking out of Specials

Drago_von_DragoDrago_von_Drago Posts: 781 ★★★★
Are champs ever supposed to be able to break out of special attacks?

Typically when you get clipped by a special you get a stun that prevents you from blocking or moving to avoid the rest of the attack. I noticed with Ronin that if you are far away and get hit by the projectile in the middle of his SP2, the stun wears off before his next hit so you can dash back and avoid the last hit.

I’m guessing this is a bug but I wasn’t sure if there were any other situations besides going unstoppable that allowed you to break out of a special attack.

Video breaking out of Ronin’s SP2:
https://youtu.be/rfpI00fXg_s

Comments

• Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 0 ★★★★
    I believe this is because special attacks are designed with a timer on that stun. When you're clipped by a special, there's a certain amount of time that you can't react. That time is equal to the time between hits of the special attack. For example, in this video you were clipped by the second hit of Ronin's special, but were far enough away to avoid being hit by the third. The third hit would've stunned you for the duration of the time between the third and fourth hit, but since it missed, the stun from the second hit expired.
  • Options
    PikoluPikolu Posts: 6,989 Guardian
    Same thing happens to Kindred if you are far enough away, then the 5th hit of his sp2 will whiff you (or the opponent) and they canndex out of it. Same thing also happens with Knull's sp2 where you can get clipped and dex out of the rest still.

The animation team can try to fix it by adjusting the hit boxes/stun time, but beyond that there isn't much to be done. I personally enjoy being able to dex out of some specials i get clipped by.