Could art team make female characters more thicc?

Comments

• RuwqiersaRuwqiersa Member Posts: 714 ★★★

Ruwqiersa said:

Bulmkt said:

Ruwqiersa said:

I think making them thiccer would encourage some players to spend more to acquire them. Which would also help kabam. A win win situation. Thoughts?

So make a female champ with the same body shape as Kingpin?
    When i say thicc i mean something like this

But if kingpin is your type we can also have that why not. If we can have fat men why not have fat women
    You must not be a Tigra player… there’s a lot of… physics devoted to some of her anatomy.
    Yeah yeah but we talked about her. Like i said i agree with the guy saying why tigra has so many clothes on her in game.
  • UnOriginalUnOriginal Member Posts: 727 ★★★
    edited August 2023

WTF

WTF

Damn the thread is still up.
    When are jax and or Mike waking up acording to time zones?
  • Sundance_2099Sundance_2099 Member Posts: 3,169 ★★★★★
    about now, probably not in to work for another hour or so, if they're up at 0700 local and into work at 0800.
  • SpideyFunkoSpideyFunko Member Posts: 21,933 ★★★★★

damn the thread is still up

Karens cannot take even a little tongue-in-cheek humor.
    man i figured one of the mods would’ve randomly seen this by now and closed it or smth
    … also who you calling a karen
  • TyEdgeTyEdge Member Posts: 3,085 ★★★★★
    edited August 2023
    ahmynuts said:

reminds me of this post

BRO that was so funny when it dropped i swear lmaoo (i use bro as a neutral term)
    What’s especially stupid is the idea that showing an attractive person is inherently straight bait. As if a female summoner might not see that pic and suddenly develop an affinity for cat honkers
  • UnOriginalUnOriginal Member Posts: 727 ★★★
    edited August 2023

For those waiting it may be a while. It’s a holiday in Canada today. Most provinces call it a “civic” holiday. It’s not statutory though. Lots of malls and the like open. Depends on if kabam will pay them to come in or not.

Oh i wanted to try to be the last comment here again
  • ahmynutsahmynuts Member Posts: 7,197 ★★★★★
    Ruwqiersa said:

pika said:

Game companies still choose to self-censor for an American T-rating Pegi 12. Unfortunately, most Western publishers prefer to play it safe.
    The US T rating tends to already be higher than a lot of the world allows. so it is a pretty good place to stay
    It's really just an issue of money. The audience for T-rated games is larger than for M-rated games, especially when you ship worldwide. Simple as that.

When publishers spend $50 or $100 million (or more) funding your game, they want to ensure the best chances as possible on a good return. T-rated games have a better chance of selling well than M-rated games. So if a game is borderline, the developers will do whatever they can to keep the game at the T-rating.

You may feel that decisions made purely in terms of financial interests are crass or smack of "censorship", but the game industry thrives because there are economic rewards that foster development of the games you enjoy playing. It's best to keep a pragmatic view and understand that keeping game developers paid is just as important as the creative development process. You really can't have one without the other - not at the scale of most AAA games, which require years of work from hundreds of developers.

This is the downside of a globalized market, everyone has to suffer because some countries are more censorious. Аfter all, you have to make it easier to get your game published in other nations where mature content is prohibited or severely restricted.

But on the other side we have one of the most earning and top 3 gacha games that have rated for Teens, this game is dedicated for Men of Culture/

I see. Thanks for the explanation. At first i thought the opposite where making game characters more attractive woule cause players to spend more. But i didnt think about the going global part. It makes sense.
    Many anime gacha games rely on overly sexualizing their characters to sell more microtransactions actually so you're not entirely off base. A prime example would be almost every one finds some way to justify selling the same characters dressed in swimsuits and what not
  • TheLightBringerTheLightBringer Member Posts: 453 ★★★★
    Everytime I think I've seen it all, fourms never fail to surprise me
  • RonSwansonRonSwanson Member Posts: 1,171 ★★★★

Forum mods clearly want more thiccness too if this thread is still up 🧐

If we get a thicc Cyclops then we'll know for sure
  • HippoSleek_JHippoSleek_J Member Posts: 182 ★★
    Squirrel Girl over there like 🤨
    But seriously, how is this thread still going? 🫣
  • ItsClobberinTimeItsClobberinTime Member Posts: 5,369 ★★★★★
    edited August 2023

Get ready for this thread to be taken down man. This is completely irrelevant to the game, and presents no value to the community besides stirring controversy.

I hear there’s a new app called sense of humor, maybe you should download it.
  • ahmynutsahmynuts Member Posts: 7,197 ★★★★★
    Emilia90 said:

ahmynuts said:

Ruwqiersa said:

pika said:

Game companies still choose to self-censor for an American T-rating Pegi 12. Unfortunately, most Western publishers prefer to play it safe.
    The US T rating tends to already be higher than a lot of the world allows. so it is a pretty good place to stay
    It's really just an issue of money. The audience for T-rated games is larger than for M-rated games, especially when you ship worldwide. Simple as that.

When publishers spend $50 or $100 million (or more) funding your game, they want to ensure the best chances as possible on a good return. T-rated games have a better chance of selling well than M-rated games. So if a game is borderline, the developers will do whatever they can to keep the game at the T-rating.

You may feel that decisions made purely in terms of financial interests are crass or smack of "censorship", but the game industry thrives because there are economic rewards that foster development of the games you enjoy playing. It's best to keep a pragmatic view and understand that keeping game developers paid is just as important as the creative development process. You really can't have one without the other - not at the scale of most AAA games, which require years of work from hundreds of developers.

This is the downside of a globalized market, everyone has to suffer because some countries are more censorious. Аfter all, you have to make it easier to get your game published in other nations where mature content is prohibited or severely restricted.

But on the other side we have one of the most earning and top 3 gacha games that have rated for Teens, this game is dedicated for Men of Culture/

I see. Thanks for the explanation. At first i thought the opposite where making game characters more attractive woule cause players to spend more. But i didnt think about the going global part. It makes sense.
    Many anime gacha games rely on overly sexualizing their characters to sell more microtransactions actually so you're not entirely off base. A prime example would be almost every one finds some way to justify selling the same characters dressed in swimsuits and what not
    Imagine if all the champs released from now are just existing characters in the game with swimsuits on
    Kingpin 😳😳😳😳😳
  • RuwqiersaRuwqiersa Member Posts: 714 ★★★

I’ve just realised this post was satirical.

Uhhhhhhh
  • HungaryHippoHungaryHippo Member Posts: 874 ★★★★

Get ready for this thread to be taken down man. This is completely irrelevant to the game, and presents no value to the community besides stirring controversy.

They only have fun laughing at posters with actual issues/problems.
    ahmynuts said:

Emilia90 said:

ahmynuts said:

Ruwqiersa said:

pika said:

Imagine if all the champs released from now are just existing characters in the game with swimsuits on
    Kingpin 😳😳😳😳😳
    Shut up and take my money!
  • Bugmat78Bugmat78 Member Posts: 2,335 ★★★★★
    If we are going "thicc" we can get a reskin of Misty? She was hotter in Netflix series. :D

They only have fun laughing at posters with actual issues/problems.
    ahmynuts said:

Emilia90 said:

ahmynuts said:

Ruwqiersa said:

pika said:

Kingpin 😳😳😳😳😳
    Shut up and take my money!
    They only laugh at "what is the butterfly’s favorite subject in school? Mothematics!" type of jokes 🤓
    Seriously some people on this thread need to stop taking life so seriously, it's not like any of us are getting out alive lol lighten up.
  • Sundance_2099Sundance_2099 Member Posts: 3,169 ★★★★★
    Emilia90 said:

ahmynuts said:

Ruwqiersa said:

pika said:

you do know Marvel did Swimsuit comics in the 90s, right?
  • Musha27Musha27 Member Posts: 120
    I'm sorry what???
This discussion has been closed.