**KNOWN AW ISSUE**
Please be aware, there is a known issue with Saga badging when observing the AW map.
The team have found the source of the issue and will be updating with our next build.
We apologize for the inconvenience.
**KNOWN BG ISSUE**
We are aware of an issue with the seeding for the beginning of the BG season.
We are adding rewards to higher progression brackets to offset the additional grind.
More information here.
**Arcade is being extra tricky with his Murder Box...**
It appears Arcade has been non-cooperative in his approach to this month's side quest and presented his clues in a nonsensical order. Lucky you, Summoners, we have our best and brightest on the case and those clues should now be a lot more straightforward. While messing around in Arcade's files we came across a phrase, highlighted and bolded, with sparkles and pointy arrows: "the abode for the dead" ... Maybe that will help you along the way!
Options

They're finally nerfing Energy Refils in act 5

Comments

• Options
    FantomaxopFantomaxop Posts: 132 ★★
    Fryday said:

So for me it is not about gain extra energy but more like not wasting the energy through out the day.

I post this idea in the other thread regarding Apothecary-like Quest for Energy Refill.

Most of the time through out the day while people are busy working, studying or whatever else, the account is just there with a full 70 energy.

By the time players get the chance to jump on and really play the game for a few hours, you only get about 70 energy or so to do all content (including Story Q, EQ, SQ and Battlegrounds, all of which use the same energy).

An Apothecary-like quest is useful as a form of "save" those energy for when players have the time to play.

For example if there were an Apothecary-like quest for energy it could be like this:-

2 paths - 1 Full Refill for Completion and 1 Fully Refill for Exploration. It can cost 70 (or 60) energy to auto fight per path. Reset each day.

So it mean players not really gain any extra energy, but they get the chance to "recycle" the energy and save for when they have time to play.

It would be awesome if kabam gave us atleast something in return for taking away 5.3.6....
  • Options
    NtoriousGNtoriousG Posts: 10

• Options
    Aomine_Daiki10Aomine_Daiki10 Posts: 1,642 ★★★★★
    Like we just trying to play the frickin game. Some mobile games cost nothing to play Their game modes but mcoc cost energy and is totally fine but why nerfing a means your playerbase can get energy to play. August was suppose the best ftp event ever and what a wonderful announcement to kick off.
  • Options
    VietNamforeverVietNamforever Posts: 16
    They will close this post soon :))
  • Options
    Paragon crystals is filled with l4 health portions that is insignificant with the health pool of champs at 7*2 what can a level 4 health portion do. Kabaam promised a portion update later this year am sure that will also go under the radar.
  • Options
    AzenstarAzenstar Posts: 58
    Frickin' Farmers.... Good job, Kabam!!
  • Options
    DNA3000DNA3000 Posts: 18,974 Guardian
    Polygon said:

Theres nothing mathematical about it at all

More true than I would like it to be. Whenever these kinds of situations come up, I always do my best to point out the factual context of them. But these threads aren't about facts, or math, or even the resources of the game. At the end of the day, the game took something away that some players were doing, and some of them are going to be upset about that. I get that. It doesn't matter if it was efficient or productive or optimal. People just don't like to have things taken away. It is not my place to tell people not to be upset about it, nor do I ever.

For some players, the question remains what to do about it. And in these discussions, a lot of stuff gets said that is frankly false, and people who do not have the time to test arena for a hundred hours or an energy farm for a hundred runs will have to rely upon what other people are saying about the situation. For those players who care, I try to explain what the true cost of things are and what options are available under the player's control. For those who want to use that information to help themselves, there it is.

For those who want to start a fight, tell me I don't know what I'm talking about or accuse me of having "faulty assumptions" I'm honestly bulletproof. Everything I say, I have the facts to back it up. Those who find them credible can use them, those who don't, don't. At the end of the day, it might not be about math for you, but when it comes to informing the playerbase, it is to me. The facts are the facts no matter who vouches for them, and I believe everyone should have access to them. However, how they choose to spin them is entirely up to them.

For the most part, given the nature of the change and the relatively low impact on the game as a whole, I'm content to mostly step back and watch this one play out, unless someone says something egregiously and wildly false. If people want to accuse me of not understanding the energy economy in this game or how it affects other players, frankly that's like accusing me of not understanding addition. Have fun with that.
  • Options
    ReignkingTWReignkingTW Posts: 2,634 ★★★★★
    I have so much energy I never know what to do with it. Granted I'm done with all story content, but I grinded arena last week I was so bored.
  • Options
    PT_99PT_99 Posts: 3,045 ★★★★★
    Lmao what's next?

"We have noticed that daily countless summoners are abusing apotheca-bruhh and we have internally decided to nerf the revive drop rate after completing the quest, from100% to 50%."
  • Options
    GreekhitGreekhit Posts: 2,819 ★★★★★
    Searmenis said:

Pikolu said:

Searmenis said:

"a very small number of Summoners were farming in these quest" (questS).
    Well yes, since there s no recent content that requires 40+ revives to finish. When that comes again, they expect us to start buying units.

In all fairness, with the time and effort required to put into it and the severe lack of return on energy, you're better off just hitting milestones in arena.
    I would agree, if there wasn't an immerge increase of units demand for offers. This actually reinforce the dilemma, buy revives for top edge content, or buy the offers?
    There isn't any kind of dilemma.
    It's just buy the offers at the moment.
    Unless things change dramatically, using units to clear content instead of saving them for offers is a very bad decision, at least for players that are already Paragon.
    Content rewards compared to offers are lagging a lot.
    Just check what the latest story exploration rewards are and what 4th July unit offers could buy, let alone cash offers that made content rewards outdated, if not completely irrelevant.
  • Options
    TheParasiteTheParasite Posts: 408 ★★
    Can we expect a nerf (oopsee so called re-balancing) on 4 hour crystals and battlechips for the drop rates of Energy Refills??
  • Options
    MackeyMackey Posts: 1,592 ★★★★★
    One step closer to being completely pay to play.. they've really got it in for those FTP guys huh.

Personally don't affect me as I always have energy in overflow from other areas
  • Options
    Their aim is to Target low spenders who grind BG points with energy refills. But have you seen the difference between elder mark win and energy win in BG the difference is so much that it will take a massive amount of grind and also very skilled player to get pass 600k points using mainly energy refills.
  • Options
    HungaryHippoHungaryHippo Posts: 820 ★★★★

Their aim is to Target low spenders who grind BG points with energy refills. But have you seen the difference between elder mark win and energy win in BG the difference is so much that it will take a massive amount of grind and also very skilled player to get pass 600k points using mainly energy refills.

This is what I don't understand. Make the offers more appealing and fair, people will buy them. I love supporting the game as it's (mostly the great friends I've made through alliances) gotten me through some down moments over the years.
  • Options
    startropicsstartropics Posts: 674 ★★★★
    still not one solid explanation on how refills are infinite...
  • Options
    GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Posts: 36,360 ★★★★★
    Saving Units for one or two sales a year and not using them for content is a choice people make. Not a requirement.
    Value of Units is relative to what someone needs, and the Rewards earned over the course of months are quite often worth more than taking a chance on a sale once a year. Only, people don't stop to calculate that. They swear by the tenet that they must only spend them on the big sales.
    Units are a renewable Resource. Anyone looking to amass them can easily take in 1000+ a week, give or take.
    Further to that, Energy Refills are given in Objectives and the odd one here and there in Arena Crystals. It's not the only place to get them.
    The last time I spent on Energy Refills was elective, in BGs. I never spend on Refills for EQ because it's counterproductive in terms of the Units I get from that, and I never farm. Which means it's not necessary.
  • Options

Saving Units for one or two sales a year and not using them for content is a choice people make . Not a requirement.

saving for account changing offers is better than using them on refills and revives.

Value of Units is relative to what someone needs, and the Rewards earned over the course of months are quite often worth more than taking a chance on a sale once a year.

everyone needs better value and you're incorrect, july and cyber monday deals are guaranteed value for everyone and infinitely better than regularly occurring content like EQ.

Only, people don't stop to calculate that. They swear by the tenet that they must only spend them on the big sales.

it's not a guess and there's no faith behind it. people do the calculations and see that saving units is best for progression.

Units are a renewable Resource. Anyone looking to amass them can easily take in 1000+ a week, give or take.

and all of that goes to a bi-annual package that keeps ballooning in size every year. deals used to be 15k and now they're hitting 40.
  • Options
    GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Posts: 36,360 ★★★★★

Saving Units for one or two sales a year and not using them for content is a choice people make . Not a requirement.

saving for account changing offers is better than using them on refills and revives.

Value of Units is relative to what someone needs, and the Rewards earned over the course of months are quite often worth more than taking a chance on a sale once a year.

everyone needs better value and you're incorrect, july and cyber monday deals are guaranteed value for everyone and infinitely better than regularly occurring content like EQ.

Only, people don't stop to calculate that. They swear by the tenet that they must only spend them on the big sales.

it's not a guess and there's no faith behind it. people do the calculations and see that saving units is best for progression.

and all of that goes to a bi-annual package that keeps ballooning in size every year. deals used to be 15k and now they're hitting 40.
    Disagree. If you can do both and advance your Account all year long, and still save for Offers, that's more "account changing" than making sure you get everything in an Offer once a year. BGs for example. If you're spending Energy and Units for Energy to progress, you're going to amass more Rewards than a one-day sale. If you're behind in Story or working on the next Title, using them for that is more helpful than one sale. That is not an absolute for everyone. Just something Players have gotten into the habit of doing and telling others to do as well.
  • Options
    Twist1298Twist1298 Posts: 80

I get it. Not upset. But couldn't they have just gated the quest to 6* and under

This!!! There are so many ways to keep things from breaking the game, yet if we're being honest it's all B.S. because none of this was keeping the game from thriving. It's just a excuse. For those who are in lower tier because I stepped away from the game for about 3 years, it's a pain.
  • Options

Disagree. If you can do both and advance your Account all year long, and still save for Offers, that's more "account changing" than making sure you get everything in an Offer once a year. BGs for example. If you're spending Energy and Units for Energy to progress, you're going to amass more Rewards than a one-day sale. If you're behind in Story or working on the next Title, using them for that is more helpful than one sale. That is not an absolute for everyone. Just something Players have gotten into the habit of doing and telling others to do as well.
    no one said it was black and white. people do both, but they keep taking things away from players but then asking for more.

no year round gifting
    no trading diring gifting
    nerf 3.2.6
    nerf act 4 and 5

the resources players need keep shrinking yet they demand more and more during the big deals. what used to be 15k is now 40. that’s 80k units worth of account changing offers and you expect players to use them on refills and revives? is 100%ing beginner and heroic going to break the game?

there’s nothing infinite about farming refills. you can get a handful a day at most and they last two weeks. what’s the risk to the game if they keep existing?
  • Options
    Crys23Crys23 Posts: 773 ★★★★
    What this means is I play less BGs. I play less means I don't care as much about getting new champs, getting more rankup materials, sig stones.
    Others will play less and just spend less. Kabam just shooting themselves in the foot here.
    I for one will never spend 30 units for a refill. If I'm out of energy I'll put the phone down and wait 7 hours for it to be full. The more people are able to put the game down for longer periods the easier will be to finally quit the game
  • Options
    AverageDesiAverageDesi Posts: 5,260 ★★★★★

still not one solid explanation on how refills are infinite...

Infinite as in you'll never run out of them. Basically using refills to gain more refills.imagine a store where you could trade 1 unit and get 1.5 unit. You could then trade that again and again infinitely. Same case. It takes time too but that doesn't stop it from being perpetual. You could just sit around one day and gain more than 20 refills starting from one