**KNOWN AW ISSUE**
Please be aware, there is a known issue with Saga badging when observing the AW map.
The team have found the source of the issue and will be updating with our next build.
We apologize for the inconvenience.
**KNOWN BUG - SPRING OF SORROW ANNIHILUS**
Currently, Annihilus has their Signature ability erroneously set to 1 - it should be 0.

The team will be fixing this issue ASAP.

Thank you for your patience.
Options

Killing suicide masteries?

YashwanthNagaYashwanthNaga Posts: 23
edited August 2023 in Suggestions and Requests
Slowly but surely the suicide masteries are losing their advantage. Summoners use suicides to get a stronger attack and try to compensate a little with willpower masteries. Decreasing the points for time in battlegrounds impacted who use suicides the most. Suicides give us the ability to complete fights faster by sacrificing health but now its very difficult and most of them are shifting towards other masteries. Even in the recent legendary incursions, kabam introduced a new concept to get periodical health and attack boosts. These boosts however turned out to be a poison for summoners with suicides. We loose health in respect to the new total health but heal only in respect to our base health and not our new health % from willpower. So champs loose % of health faster when we use these boosts than without these. I have seen a lot of my alliance members and friends shifting to non-suicide masteries these days. I just changed to normal masteries today as well. Suicides is a really good mechanism and i really think kabam should make some efforts to preserve this.

Comments

• Options
    JustWantTheRewardsJustWantTheRewards Posts: 442 ★★★
    Suicides have been around since long before Legendary Incursions and Battlegrounds, and people used them a lot even then. I do agree that the percentage based health boosts in the Incursions has caused a bit of trouble though.

I've never personally used suicides because I don't think speed has mattered much more than health anywhere outside of Arenas. I was thinking about trying them out when Battlegrounds favored them, but not after the change. I wouldn't be opposed if they found some new ways to promote using suicides, but I don't think the use of them has dropped off all that much.
  • Options
    YashwanthNagaYashwanthNaga Posts: 23
    edited August 2023
    At least you agree that the health boosts in incursions were troublesome for the suicides. Thats why i raised it now insted of when the BG point system was changed. I am not saying to improve suicides. The reson i bought up BG is to give an example of how the recent changes are affecting suicides. I just want kabam to consider the impact on summoners with different choices. I believe a change should affect the same for everyone whether its positive or negative. People who use suicides would have definitely felt the difference. This is just my opinion and no offence intended.
  • Options
    LordSmasherLordSmasher Posts: 1,441 ★★★★★
    Suicides are meant to carry a negative. I think the game would be better off without them but hey, the masteries ain't gonna change ever.
  • Options
    laserjohn26laserjohn26 Posts: 1,528 ★★★★★
    I have to disagree. You get a free deck in bg to save masteries. Turn off suicides and save them. In incursion you are most likely using Hercules anyway so health doesn't matter, and with galan prefight on herc your are actually healing a small but noticeable amount.

Further, the game is so much more suicide friendly now. Imagine trying to explore original act 6 with 10+ defenders in some path and no switch node before the boss.
  • Options
    smdam38smdam38 Posts: 912 ★★★
    I would LOVE a trade in for mastery as soon as they creat more damn masteries.
  • Options
    smdam38smdam38 Posts: 912 ★★★
    I’ve had suicide masteries for years but they’re not on.
    I like being able to throw a special without losing health.

Some people are ok with the opposite.

It’s personal preference.