Options

Either I am terrible, or the Juggernaut fight is

KerneasKerneas Posts: 3,745 ★★★★★
The fight in discussion is the BrutalDLX challenge, regardless of path, but on Paragon difficulty.

There are a few things happening, that I simply don't understand. Either I am missing a mechanic, or the fight is bugged. Which is why I write here, before I make any conclusions about the fight (not) being terrible.

Here are the things that make the fight terrible IMO:

1) Root on Juggs goes away if "Immunity" reactivates. Idk why.

2) If you try to convert power into furies while Juggs has Parrystun, you will not get them all. That is due to AAR from masteries, which sucks a bit, but eh. I struggle to charge heavy without parry tho, but I had some success with SP2 punishing.

3) Lights and Mediums quite likely don't do triple damage. My 6* R4 Herc has 2k mediums. Feels low, since he should have +200% dmg from the node.

4) Awkward question, but why does Juggy bypass Herc's Immortality? No, I am absolutely sure I wasn't Staggered. That would make sense. But I wasn't, and he didn't have his crimson gem either.

These 4 points make my runs fairly annoying. Nothing insane, but it is a small issue. Do I just suck, or is the fight really messed up? I dunno the answer for any of the three questions, so if anyone has an answer, please, do tell.

Comments

• Options
    Gogeta91199Gogeta91199 Posts: 990 ★★★★
    1) noticed that too
    2) possibly
    3) not sure about that mine was hitting 12k crits and 5-8k non crits, but ramped up aegon better for that fight
    4) did he have unstoppable active?
  • Options
    SpideyFunkoSpideyFunko Posts: 21,815 ★★★★★
    died the first time i tried the fight cause root went away because the immunity came back which makes no sense
  • Options
    Prismane1269Prismane1269 Posts: 216
    edited August 2023
    So easy with AA. qs also works good.
    I did without Herc, he soloed juggy all the time
  • Options
    AverageDesiAverageDesi Posts: 5,260 ★★★★★
    You can disable the root completely with pacify btw

My issue is when I use quicksilver and punish his after a relic stun, I get hit mid combo
  • Options
    Maat1985Maat1985 Posts: 2,237 ★★★★
    juggs has nullify so yeah hercs immortailiy most certainly can go bye bye
  • Options
    Sw0rdMasterSw0rdMaster Posts: 1,736 ★★★★

Yep this happens when you use AA.
    https://youtu.be/pqglLdSdBNc
  • Options
    JarvisreiJarvisrei Posts: 396 ★★
    Maat1985 said:

That only works when the gem us active with unstoppable.
  • Options
    BENNYJBENNYJ Posts: 97
    I noticed the boost to lights and mediums didn’t seem to be present. CapIW is great for this, heavy counter to remove the immunity and you’re golden.
  • Options
    SandeepSSandeepS Posts: 1,172 ★★★★
    I saw something from an alliance mate. Play the fight with doom. Only thing to pay attention to is the root. Stay away from them to root them. Then use specials to break out of root if you're locked in
  • Options
    Jarvisrei said:

Maat1985 said:

well the OP never offered any insight as to when it was happening.
    yeah it only happens when he has unstoppable active.

can only assume that that is what happened tho.
  • Options
    horrendous_toohorrendous_too Posts: 228 ★★

died the first time i tried the fight cause root went away because the immunity came back which makes no sense

Its not just root. When the immunity comes back it wipes out all passive effects. Tried zemo cause root should turn off Juggs unstoppable and when immunity came back all passives were wiped out. I finished the 9312 juggs fights without it, but man it sucks when short term content like this is bugged.
  • Options
    Cap_MuricaCap_Murica Posts: 192 ★★
    Spider Ham is a great option for this fight. I also have Scorpion in my team for OGSW, which gives Porker poppers on his light attack as well.
  • Options
    AMS94AMS94 Posts: 1,776 ★★★★★
    For people who are struggling with Juggs fight ....try to include a white mags in ur team & use a hero or metal champ
    I used Hulk for Juggs & SW
    That passive stun makes it easier to land heavies whenever u want instead of relying on baiting heavies or punishing Sp2
  • Options
    Cap_MuricaCap_Murica Posts: 192 ★★
    WAGS is great for this quest, not only for his prefight ability but he's also a great counter for Wolvie if he's ranked up.
  • Options
    GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Posts: 36,266 ★★★★★

Yep this happens when you use AA.
    https://youtu.be/pqglLdSdBNc
    Must be lovely to be able to parry consistently. Sigh.
    Literally.
  • Options
    JarvisreiJarvisrei Posts: 396 ★★
    Maat1985 said:

Jarvisrei said:

Maat1985 said:

I'm pretty sure he did say the gem wasn't active.
  • Options
    Sachhyam257Sachhyam257 Posts: 987 ★★★★

Kerneas said:

3) Lights and Mediums quite likely don't do triple damage. My 6* R4 Herc has 2k mediums. Feels low, since he should have +200% dmg from the node.

Juggs gets +25% dmg reduction while his gem is active, which may be messing with the node. Inflicting a debuff/ parrying should make it go away (will have to knock him down first to remove debuff immunity though). That said, I've still noticed that I'm not hitting hard even with the gem gone sometimes. It's quite inconsistent.
    After a few more painfully tedious runs through this quest, I think I've pinned down what's causing the issue here.

The gem is usually removed off of Juggs when he is either inflicted with a debuff or is knocked down. Both ways do indeed get rid of the gem, from what I tested. BUT, only parrying/inflicting debuff is removing the dmg reduction. What's more is that after you remove the dmg reduction by parrying, it comes back after you knock him down again, which should not be the case.

Here is the first knock down, he loses debuff immunity and does not have the gem on him. My r4 abs man is doing 1k lights:

Right after the clip above, I parry him. This time I'm doing way more dmg on my lights after the parry:

He then throws a special, regaining the gem. Here's my dmg with the gem on:

Here's my dmg after I remove the gem with a knock down:

Finally, here's my dmg after I remove the gem with a parry:

Conclusion, its bugged. Knocking down removes the gem but not the dmg reduction, bugged. Parry removes both the gem and the dmg reduction, as intended.
    Seems like I made a mistake here. The damage reduction is not the problem. It's the 200% lights and mediums node, which is only activating after a parry. Looking at the numbers carefully, the damage reduction barely makes a difference. My bad guys.
  • Options
    Jarvisrei said:

Maat1985 said:

Jarvisrei said:

Maat1985 said:

I'm pretty sure he did say the gem wasn't active.
    missed that part. my bad
  • Options
    Marvelfan30Marvelfan30 Posts: 1,165 ★★★★
    I solo juggs every time.... With my 7* Gwen she's op