Options

Question about Zemo

kevhugokevhugo Posts: 138 ★★
edited August 2023 in General Discussion
I know there has been a number of posts about Zemo and his changes, but I recently got him and started playing him. Absolutely love him but I had a question about the cleanses.

There's been a few changes made to Zemo but I didn't see one to the activation of the root. So when the 5 cleanse's are used Zemo is supposed to inflict a root, right? However there are instances where the root does not activate. The armour up (now resistance) shows up but the defender is not rooted.

My question is, are there instances when it won't activate, like a damaging debuff or maybe because they used a special attack. Not familiar with Zemo so just wondering if there is something between the lines I'm missing. I thought it was as simple as once the cleanse's are done you root opponent.

Comments

• Options
    ahmynutsahmynuts Posts: 6,071 ★★★★★
    edited August 2023
    Let me call some of the Zemo avengers to answer this question. @SecondSkriller @Karatemike415
  • Options
    GhostboytjieGhostboytjie Posts: 2,214 ★★★★★
    To activate root. Get to just under a sp3. Do sp2. Rush in mlllm sp1 right after the sp1 spam mlllm sp1 again. And again mlllm. The sp2 roots him and this rotation is around 30 bleeds.

I haven't played him to root with cleanse yet. Basicly all they changed for root is. They can now activate sp3 and as I understand when the 5 cleanses are triggered it should root them aswell and gain fury? Right?
  • Options
    NanosamaNanosama Posts: 56
    If the opponent inflicted debuffs with a special attack, root won’t activate.
  • Options
    Nanosama said:

Ohhhhhh. So for example, if I got hit with cgr special 2, the root won't activate?
  • Options
    ArmageddønArmageddøn Posts: 639 ★★★
    kevhugo said:

Nanosama said:

Ohhhhhh. So for example, if I got hit with cgr special 2, the root won't activate?
    Yeah it doesn't, i learned it the hard way when i saw multiple Cgrs in BG bullying my poor little R4 zemo
  • Options

kevhugo said:

Nanosama said:

Yeah it doesn't, i learned it the hard way when i saw multiple Cgrs in BG bullying my poor little R4 zemo
    Gotcha, thanks for informing me. Also I'll pray for your Zemo loool.
  • Options
    PikoluPikolu Posts: 6,699 Guardian
    Zemos root won't trigger if the cleanses are used up during an opponent special attack. So that's something to stay aware of.