**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.
Options

What actually is the frame cap for the game?

QacobQacob Posts: 2,253 ★★★★★
I've been experiencing a lot of stuttering recently, so had a look at the frame rates as I was playing.

This is what the support page has to say:

Now I'm not very techy so I don't know if im missing something, but my understanding is the frame cap is 30fps unless your phone is good enough in which case it might not be capped.

And yet I seem to be experiencing this frame cap only sometimes. When I haven't touched the screen for a while, the game sits at 30fps:

(See the red number at the top)

However when I touch the screen, the frame rate momentarily jumps up to my phone's default refresh rate of 144fps:

The constant jumping between frame rates seems to be a source of this stuttering, and since it triggers when I touch the screen, parrying and dexing are made especially difficult.

Is this weird? Feels weird.

Would appreciate any insight from anyone. Thanks.

Comments

• Options
    ahmynutsahmynuts Posts: 5,990 ★★★★★
    It's capped at 30 sometimes and then for no apparent reason there are other times where it jumps all the way up to 144 for a few minutes and then goes all the way back down. Most of the time it jumps to 144 in the menus for me and it's smooth as butter. I've only had it jump that high in fights a few times. I think it's something weird going on with how Kabam decided to limit their framerate. I know this isn't very helpful but i thought it might give some insight that you're not the only one it does this weird spiking for
  • Options
    QacobQacob Posts: 2,253 ★★★★★
    Appreciate the reply. It really doesn't make any sense to me why they'd cap the frame limit only sometimes.

Is this really intentional?