Battlegrounds needs balancing

Speedball1919Speedball1919 Member Posts: 14
My 4 best champions are only 7k in rating and everyone else is 3-5k. How is it fair that I'm going up against someone with 7-10k champions. I've played people that are the same power level as me. Win or lose it seems fair. Now it just feels pointless even try to play it

Comments

• GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Member Posts: 36,487 ★★★★★
    Pikolu said:

Welcome to the ladder. Just wait until you hit platinum and start matching against paragons with all r5 and r4 6*s in their deck because you can match anyone once you hit there.

Also battlegrounds is not designed to be fair, if you can't progress, then it is time to focus your efforts on story content and roster development

See, now that's dismissive. If people aren't expected to participate in the game mode, then they shouldn't be in it.
    Pikolu said:

Pikolu said:

Welcome to the ladder. Just wait until you hit platinum and start matching against paragons with all r5 and r4 6*s in their deck because you can match anyone once you hit there.

Also battlegrounds is not designed to be fair, if you can't progress, then it is time to focus your efforts on story content and roster development

See, now that's dismissive. If people aren't expected to participate in the game mode, then they shouldn't be in it.
    I find it quite generous of kabam to let everyone participate for awhile in the gamemode by having some sort of "fair" matchmaking. However, in a ladder, it shouldn't stay fair, eventually there has to be a point where you need to enhance your roster and skill to progress. I'm not being dismissive, I'm simply saying to do all the other things the game has to offer once you hit that wall.
    You're politely telling people to go kick rocks when they have a valid reason to argue for their gaming experience as well. You can't open a game mode to such a range of Players and tell everyone who isn't the best of the best to suck it up.
  • Ironman3000Ironman3000 Member Posts: 1,938 ★★★★★
    booooooo
    Pikolu said:

Pikolu said:

Pikolu said:

I find it quite generous of kabam to let everyone participate for awhile in the gamemode by having some sort of "fair" matchmaking. However, in a ladder, it shouldn't stay fair, eventually there has to be a point where you need to enhance your roster and skill to progress. I'm not being dismissive, I'm simply saying to do all the other things the game has to offer once you hit that wall.
    You're politely telling people to go kick rocks when they have a valid reason to argue for their gaming experience as well. You can't open a game mode to such a range of Players and tell everyone who isn't the best of the best to suck it up.
    I'm not going to have this argument with you again. I know how much you despise how matchmaking in BGs works, but what you want isn't what Battlegrounds is. Battlegrounds is literally about finding the best of the best. What you want is a casual queue where people are matched purely on roster strength and not where they are on the ladder. In the casual queue, I would make it so you can still complete the BG objectives while also not counting towards the solo or alliance event.

You might not like it, but that's literally the only solution to your pain point with matchmaking.
    The entire game mode is not the personal property of the Top Players. There is a range in a competition. There is also a range of Players in the mode. If you think alienating everyone who has an issue with it is going to better the game mode, good luck with that. All I see is ego and entitlement.
  • mbgibsonmbgibson Member Posts: 119
    There are some design problems with BG right now. I think splitting the VT into a "ranked" and "unranked" section would be beneficial to all of this. Unranked can even go no medals lost and have decent trophy tokens and weighted match making solely meant for participation or practice. Once cleared, that's it. Try out ranked or settle for clearing objectives. "Ranked" is all open matchmaking meant for those pushing into the GC.

As of now weighted matchmaking at lower tiers hurts advanced players, and I understand their frustration seeing UC/Cav's complaining about being stuck in Plat/Diamond when they are stuck in Gold. I also see can get where UC/Cav's shouldn't just get stonewalled in these ranks to the point where they can't even complete the 2-day objectives.

Seeding may help, but we need to wait and see. It is difficult to have 1 ladder accommodate lower players and be competitive without causing frustration on both ends. Without another ladder meant participation, the main goal of the VT needs to be upheld, which is setting a standard for skill and roster size to advance into the GC. It is as simple as that really.
    It's hypocrisy is what it is. People claiming others are entitled because they want a reasonable chance in a competition, and the reality is they're acting entitled to do better and stomp the yard because their Accounts are bigger.
    Regardless, this ridiculous onslaught of every Post that is made on the Forum needs to stop. Are you afraid someone is going to listen to them? Let them speak for their own experience and stop telling them to "Git gud." in more colorful words.
    I'm not talking about myself. I've already outlined my issues with the current changes. My issue is that whenever someone posts the same issue, people jump on the Thread to silence them. Let them speak if they have an issue. Everyone else has had enough to say about it.

It's hypocrisy is what it is. People claiming others are entitled because they want a reasonable chance in a competition, and the reality is they're acting entitled to do better and stomp the yard because their Accounts are bigger.
    Regardless, this ridiculous onslaught of every Post that is made on the Forum needs to stop. Are you afraid someone is going to listen to them? Let them speak for their own experience and stop telling them to "Git gud." in more colorful words.

While some of "this ridiculous onslaught" is pretty harsh (sometimes too much so, as we should actually treat people respectfully). However, there have been so many posts about the exact same issue (seriously, people need to look before creating a new post) that the exact same reply is kind of warranted.
    I wouldn't say it's warranted for people to belittle their issue, but I do agree that adding to already-existing Threads is fair.

I'm not talking about myself. I've already outlined my issues with the current changes. My issue is that whenever someone posts the same issue, people jump on the Thread to silence them. Let them speak if they have an issue. Everyone else has had enough to say about it.

Like when you jumped on my thread to silence everyone complaining about the mythic crystal situation? Hypocrisy at its finest💀
    When I pointed out that demanding Kabam answer to your own surveillance on their actions on Accounts? No one was stopping you from posting, but when you persistently commented everyday expecting a response, I'm going to suggest you let it go.
    GoingBack said:

Pikolu said:

That is asinine, there is so much content that people are able to join, but it doesn’t mean they have the roster to do so. Let’s take AW as an example. Alliances start in Stone and can move up to Masters, so you think that nobody should join because they can’t compete at the higher levels? It is the exact same for BG’s you start in Bronze and can move up to Celestial. In both, you make it as high as you can and you get the rewards for the level you can reach.

When I was able to do ROL, LOL, or AOL that did not mean that I had the roster to compete. So does that mean Kabam should have blocked me from joining those game modes? Same with say…the celebrity challenges. When those first came out, I could not fully complete them, I played until I couldn’t progress and I built my roster so that I could eventually complete them.
    Don't get me started on AW. We see participation these days.
  • A_FungiA_Fungi Member Posts: 993 ★★★★
    Why are there so many of these posts? lol
    GoingBack said:

Pikolu said:

Pikolu said:

Pikolu said:

I'm not going to have this argument with you again. I know how much you despise how matchmaking in BGs works, but what you want isn't what Battlegrounds is. Battlegrounds is literally about finding the best of the best. What you want is a casual queue where people are matched purely on roster strength and not where they are on the ladder. In the casual queue, I would make it so you can still complete the BG objectives while also not counting towards the solo or alliance event.

You might not like it, but that's literally the only solution to your pain point with matchmaking.
    The entire game mode is not the personal property of the Top Players. There is a range in a competition. There is also a range of Players in the mode. If you think alienating everyone who has an issue with it is going to better the game mode, good luck with that. All I see is ego and entitlement.
    And everyone is able to get to the level they are able to get to, sometimes I make Gladiator Circuit, sometimes I don’t. You don’t see me complaining that I can’t make Gladiator every single time. I play until I reach the highest level I can and then just work on doing the 48hr objectives. I also have a mini account that can’t get as high as my main account, every person/roster has the highest level they can achieve.
    You can if you want. In fact, a number of people have expressed an issue with BGs. They have the right to do that. That's my point. You can't ignore them over and over.
  • HSS75HSS75 Member Posts: 1,161 ★★★
    You say Battlegrounds needs balance but it already has it. There are times you win or lose, there are times you face people who are weaker or stronger than you. It can happen anytime in Battlegrounds but there's always a positive and negative experiences from it, that's what balance means
  • GoingBackGoingBack Member Posts: 116 ★★

GoingBack said:

Pikolu said:

Pikolu said:

Pikolu said:

And everyone is able to get to the level they are able to get to, sometimes I make Gladiator Circuit, sometimes I don’t. You don’t see me complaining that I can’t make Gladiator every single time. I play until I reach the highest level I can and then just work on doing the 48hr objectives. I also have a mini account that can’t get as high as my main account, every person/roster has the highest level they can achieve.
    You can if you want. In fact, a number of people have expressed an issue with BGs. They have the right to do that. That's my point. You can't ignore them over and over.
    Actually you can, you can’t have it one way without the other. You can’t say that they have the right to complain without allowing people the right to ignore them.
  • A_FungiA_Fungi Member Posts: 993 ★★★★
    The reality is, if Kabam made a change to matchmaking, then the rewards would likely become tiered, based on progression.

If that happened, people would complain that they aren't getting the same rewards

I think where we are is the best Kabam can do. There is a massive range of players able to play BGs. We all want the victory tokens and the rewards along the way.

If people become stonewalled, they get stonewalled. That is when you switch to the 48 hour objectives and try to get the points for milestones. There is nothing wrong with that. That is what a lot of people do anyway.
  • Ironman3000Ironman3000 Member Posts: 1,938 ★★★★★
    I'm still waiting for a compelling argument on why low players should be higher than the players that they can't beat.
  • WinterFieldsWinterFields Member Posts: 771 ★★★★
    A_Fungi said:

The reality is, if Kabam made a change to matchmaking, then the rewards would likely become tiered, based on progression.

If that happened, people would complain that they aren't getting the same rewards

I think where we are is the best Kabam can do. There is a massive range of players able to play BGs. We all want the victory tokens and the rewards along the way.

If people become stonewalled, they get stonewalled. That is when you switch to the 48 hour objectives and try to get the points for milestones. There is nothing wrong with that. That is what a lot of people do anyway.

That's what I did the few first seasons when my roster was just not strong enough. It actually helped my motivation because it gave me a challenge and a goal to work for. Now it's basically grind into GC
  • ItsClobberinTimeItsClobberinTime Member Posts: 5,369 ★★★★★

Like when you jumped on my thread to silence everyone complaining about the mythic crystal situation? Hypocrisy at its finest💀
    When I pointed out that demanding Kabam answer to your own surveillance on their actions on Accounts? No one was stopping you from posting, but when you persistently commented everyday expecting a response, I'm going to suggest you let it go.
    GoingBack said:

Pikolu said:

That is asinine, there is so much content that people are able to join, but it doesn’t mean they have the roster to do so. Let’s take AW as an example. Alliances start in Stone and can move up to Masters, so you think that nobody should join because they can’t compete at the higher levels? It is the exact same for BG’s you start in Bronze and can move up to Celestial. In both, you make it as high as you can and you get the rewards for the level you can reach.

When I was able to do ROL, LOL, or AOL that did not mean that I had the roster to compete. So does that mean Kabam should have blocked me from joining those game modes? Same with say…the celebrity challenges. When those first came out, I could not fully complete them, I played until I couldn’t progress and I built my roster so that I could eventually complete them.
    Don't get me started on AW. We see participation these days.
    I didn't "persistently comment everyday" expecting a response from Kabam, people were, and I either agreed with them or disagreed with them. That's irrelevant though I suppose, the whole point here is you yourself have attempted to silence people before, so don't come here acting like a man of the people cause you're not.