Whats with kabams banning system?

A friend of mine who used to be in the same ally as me got banned a week ago for account sharing which he is fully guilty of and is aware of that. He got punished for violating tos and he acknowledges that and carried out the 7 day ban. Problem is hes gone back in the game and a day later hes banned again for 30 days. This time he changed his account details too so whoever hes been sharing accounts with doesn't have access to it. I get that what hes done is wrong but hes already served his punishment so why on earth has he got another 30 day ban.

Comments

• GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Posts: 36,467 ★★★★★
    Sometimes they do further investigation during the ban period. That can lead to an extended ban.
  • Sometimes they do further investigation during the ban period. That can lead to an extended ban.

Ahh i see. Is there any chance that the ban may be lifted early? Otherwise hes gonna miss out on the paragauntlet lol.
  • GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Posts: 36,467 ★★★★★

Sometimes they do further investigation during the ban period. That can lead to an extended ban.

Ahh i see. Is there any chance that the ban may be lifted early? Otherwise hes gonna miss out on the paragauntlet lol.
    The only chance he would have, and it's rare, is to contact Support.
  • Sometimes they do further investigation during the ban period. That can lead to an extended ban.

The only chance he would have, and it's rare, is to contact Support.
    We both know how that goes🤣😭
  • BringPopcornBringPopcorn Posts: 4,187 ★★★★★
    Usually a 2nd ban means he was doing more than account sharing...
  • ErcarretErcarret Posts: 2,885 ★★★★★

Interesting, I didn't know that. I got similarly double-banned a few years ago and, while I understood the initial ban, I never understood what the second ban was about. I suspected it was something along the lines of what you described, but was never sure. Good to know!