OG Iron Man - Your Review

Pls help me understand how do you like OG Iron Man with new buff - worth ranking up, is he god tier now or still just mid?

Comments

• Chuck_FinleyChuck_Finley Member Posts: 1,118 ★★★★★
    I took mine to R4 sig 100. He is no nimrod, but he is a great counter for longshot and Bishop. Ramp up isn’t too bad, the only problem is the AI going full turtle mode when you have your armor breaks applied and reactor active. Not really a knock on him, most the champs when in the ideal situation for their damage finds the AI goes ultra passive.

Truth be told i took mine up that high because he one of my favorite marvel characters and I like that I can actually use him now in the game.

• Rohit_316Rohit_316 Member Posts: 3,415 ★★★★★
    I am torned between him and Warlock who to r4 . Haven't tested iron man yet tho .
  • Hector_1475Hector_1475 Member Posts: 1,794 ★★★★★
    edited September 2023
    I personally find him very... mid. Yeah, I know all the hype and I've seen all the videos. Personally, I find his kit incomplete. He definitely destroys Mutants with prowess and that's about it. I have champs in my roster already that do that, already ranked up.

What I mean by "incomplete" kit:
    His armor ups cannot be nullified, but his dexterity buff cerftainly can. So, not exactly the best choice against Mystics. His armor ups cannot have their ability accuracy reduced, but... everything else can. Again, not the best choice against Domino. He does not have heal block (which is very oftern required by Tech champs) , nor power control (except via synerrgy), he cannot parry projectile attacks, he does not have non-contact attacks himself etc.

I kept mine at 6R2 (he is sig 40). I took Shuri to 6R4 (unduped).

Your results may vary.
  • WinterFieldsWinterFields Member Posts: 777 ★★★★
    He looks like he will be great for this BG meta, but otherwise I'm still trying to find a place where I would use him instead of other champs. Though having access to a lot of buffs which can't be nullified is useful for certain nodes
  • PT_99PT_99 Member Posts: 4,097 ★★★★★
    Damage is bonkers after sp-2 into sp-1. Big yellow numbers, I like, I do r4 and enjoy laughing on utility lovers.
  • AverageDesiAverageDesi Member Posts: 5,260 ★★★★★
    He's soooooo tanky. Gauntlet apoc was delaying like 150 damage with his specials if I didn't parry them. With parry it's perfect blocks
  • Manup456Manup456 Member Posts: 891 ★★★★
    edited September 2023
    Mine is r4 I think he’s a great champ but falls a little short as far as the regen being once per quest and also think he needs a easier way to manage the pausing of the armors because you have a bunch of Sp that are very annoying trying to parry so you get clipped or they fall off and you gotta get him going again which adds a lot more stress in harder and longer fights.

We have always blocked or dexed specials so muscle memory has to totally adjust when using him only so that you parry them which is not an easy thing to do in a lot of cases.

Just my thoughts on him.
  • HSS75HSS75 Member Posts: 1,161 ★★★
    edited September 2023
    Really unique playstyle
    One of the most tankiest champions in the game
    First tech to have incinerate and cold snap immunity(not 100% sure)
    Overall a good addition to the contest