Magneto or Hercules

Overall, who is better against metal tech champs?

Comments

• SagaChampionSagaChampion Member Posts: 1,277 ★★★
    Magneto
  • A_FungiA_Fungi Member Posts: 994 ★★★★
    This is kind of a loose question

Have fun using Mags against Omega Sentinel and Nimrod

But Herc can cancel out a lot of the annoyance of the tech champs also, and your path is likely to have more than just metal tech champs on it.
  • Gainsley_HarriottGainsley_Harriott Member Posts: 255 ★★
    edited September 2023
    A_Fungi said:

This is kind of a loose question

Have fun using Mags against Omega Sentinel and Nimrod

But Herc can cancel out a lot of the annoyance of the tech champs also, and your path is likely to have more than just metal tech champs on it.

I’ve actually been able to fight OS really well with Mags. Trick is to only throw ML (into the block too) or MH (after parry). Spam SP1 (she can’t heal from the bleed) and also bait her SP1, very easy to dex the last hit and go into your own combo. Also Mags is immune to auto-block so won’t get stunned and having one plasma on you with willpower is fine. Using this method she goes down pretty fast.

In regards to your last point, I agree, was just looking at the niche rather than across the board.
  • JarvisreiJarvisrei Member Posts: 405 ★★
    Imo herc. I mean all you have to do is herc' em all. I've never had any issues with metal techs other than ultron (og? Idk whats his name but his evade is way too annoying). I don't find mags MH play fun at all so I mostly avoid using him unless necessary (like brutal dlx).
  • Gainsley_HarriottGainsley_Harriott Member Posts: 255 ★★
    edited September 2023
    Jarvisrei said:

Imo herc. I mean all you have to do is herc' em all. I've never had any issues with metal techs other than ultron (og? Idk whats his name but his evade is way too annoying). I don't find mags MH play fun at all so I mostly avoid using him unless necessary (like brutal dlx).

I get Hercules being way more fun but I’m talking about what’s more effective.

Mags also the best option for Psycho Man on TB CAV, noticeably faster and easier than using Herc.
  • AshacekarAshacekar Member Posts: 1,989 ★★★★
    Mags is good for metal champs
    Herc is good for all champs
    I can't categorise tech
  • SkyLord7000SkyLord7000 Member Posts: 4,000 ★★★★★
    More armor up = more damage for Herc

The fact people are saying Herc when mags is supposed to be the counter says that you should go Herc, however this could probably be a more matchup specific question.