Nick Fury BG defense Exploit?

KC4lifeKC4life Member Posts: 23
edited September 2023 in General Discussion
I don't know if this is considered an exploit or not but whenever I put nick fury on defense people will take him down to 1% health and then pause the game so the timer can run out so they don't trigger his 2nd phase and regenerate all the health back and there attacker don't risk losing more hp is this an intentional thing develop by kabam or is it considered an expoilt or am I just stupid and making stuff up?

Comments

• DrZolaDrZola Member Posts: 8,926 ★★★★★
    It is exploit-y, but with a twist: there’s a distinct tradeoff with significant penalty—namely, that you get none of the time points for the fight awarded with a KO. I would also add that you can easily wind up with LMD and less time to finish Nick if you happen to mistime it.

Dr. Zola
  • 10or_Strong10or_Strong Member Posts: 1,200 ★★★
    As far as I can tell, OP, you seem to be asking if this is the kind of exploit that you would get punished from Kabam for. This strategy / "exploit" falls within a way of using the game entirely with its intended functionality: there is a pause button in BGs, so you are not in any way breaking rules within the game. So Kabam would not punish you for this, as opposed to the way they would punish an exploit of the game such as the 1250 full crystals that were supposed to be 1250 shards (I know there is debate on how that "punishment" was handled...)
  • ArmageddønArmageddøn Member Posts: 827 ★★★
    Idk about exploit but that's clearly a skill issue
  • SearmenisSearmenis Member Posts: 1,593 ★★★★★
    Using Silk with a relic and the extra stun time hack in Incursions is also an "exploit", but I don't see anyone complaining about it. Or using Ronan, or Maw in specific nodes. They are "cheese" there, the NF thing is an exploit?
  • Nameless_IWNameless_IW Member Posts: 992 ★★★★
    KC4life said:

I don't know if this is considered an exploit or not but whenever I put nick fury on defense people will take him down to 1% health and then pause the game so the timer can run out so they don't trigger his 2nd phase and regenerate all the health back and there attacker don't risk losing more hp is this an intentional thing develop by kabam or is it considered an expoilt or am I just stupid and making stuff up?

call it whatever you want but also remember the opponent will be getting no points for the time duration. so if they don't wanna deal with NF 2nd life but they will be missing out on time duration too.
  • LeNoirFaineantLeNoirFaineant Member Posts: 8,672 ★★★★★
    It is an exploit. It's not the way the pause button or fighting NF was intended. I don't see what they can do about it though.
  • DNA3000DNA3000 Member, Guardian Posts: 19,359 Guardian

While it is an allowed strategy, pausing is unsportsmanlike and goes against the very spirit of competition

I never pause game, but there are lots of times when I know I'm not going to be able to get through the second life fast enough for whatever reason, so I just slow down and try to end the fight as close to the bottom of his first and hope for the best. I don't believe this is unsportsmanlike in any way. We don't know, and have no way to determine, if the opponent paused to get that result or simply slow played the fight to get that result.

We should separate the issue of pausing the game, which I think most people believe to be generally unsportsmanlike, with understanding the scoring rules and how Nick works and deciding not to chance throwing him into his second life, which I believe is a reasonable tactical option.
  • MrSakuragiMrSakuragi Member Posts: 4,896 ★★★★★
    As said, this is not cheating and some of us intentionally place Nick on defense so opponents will do this and gain zero time bonus.
  • WinterFieldsWinterFields Member Posts: 776 ★★★★
    DNA3000 said:

While it is an allowed strategy, pausing is unsportsmanlike and goes against the very spirit of competition

I never pause game, but there are lots of times when I know I'm not going to be able to get through the second life fast enough for whatever reason, so I just slow down and try to end the fight as close to the bottom of his first and hope for the best. I don't believe this is unsportsmanlike in any way. We don't know, and have no way to determine, if the opponent paused to get that result or simply slow played the fight to get that result.

We should separate the issue of pausing the game, which I think most people believe to be generally unsportsmanlike, with understanding the scoring rules and how Nick works and deciding not to chance throwing him into his second life, which I believe is a reasonable tactical option.
    I agree with that and didn't mean to imply everyone who doesn't push fury to his second life is pausing.

Pausing to do that is what I believe is wrong. Doing it without pausing comes with risks and can be hard if the AI is uncooperative but is a viable strategy
  • Ayden_noah1Ayden_noah1 Member Posts: 1,709 ★★★★
    I don't think there was a paused on Nick since the fight time was 117s. The pause time would refect a shorter time shown. I think the other played didn't have time to finish off Nick's second life so they made a decision to just kill off the first life as much as possible. If it's in the game for 11 season now, I don't see the issue with the pause button. If they don't want for us to use it they should remove it.
  • DrZolaDrZola Member Posts: 8,926 ★★★★★
    I love appeals to “sportsmanship” and “fairness.” They often reveal a lot about motivations.

Dr. Zola
  • MrSakuragiMrSakuragi Member Posts: 4,896 ★★★★★

I don't think there was a paused on Nick since the fight time was 117s. The pause time would refect a shorter time shown. I think the other played didn't have time to finish off Nick's second life so they made a decision to just kill off the first life as much as possible. If it's in the game for 11 season now, I don't see the issue with the pause button. If they don't want for us to use it they should remove it.

It’s been a long time since the timer indicated a pause. 117s would show the clock ran out, whether it was from pausing or not.
  • Ayden_noah1Ayden_noah1 Member Posts: 1,709 ★★★★
    That isn't
    DrZola said:

I love appeals to “sportsmanship” and “fairness.” They often reveal a lot about motivations.

Dr. Zola

The object is to win so if it's allow and helps you win, is it wrong. Just look at sports in real life, why does a power 5 college football or basketball play a non conference cupcake schedule, cause they want an easy win. Why do pitchers pitch aroudn the other teams best hitter. Why does the top team in the playoffs always face against the worst team that makes the playoffs. Is that sportsmanship or fair? I would say no but that's life.
  • PikoluPikolu Member, Guardian Posts: 7,393 Guardian

Only in the fight summary will it show if someone paused, the time will look normal on that screen shown to us.
  • BigBlueOxBigBlueOx Member Posts: 2,055 ★★★★★
    Pausing is for low skill cowards. That simple. Sure it’s allowed, but if you do it you admit you probably shouldn’t be playing BGs.
  • BigBlueOxBigBlueOx Member Posts: 2,055 ★★★★★
    edited September 2023
    Pikolu said:

Only in the fight summary will it show if someone paused, the time will look normal on that screen shown to us.
    Yeah that was a really sad patch, Kabam said they were gonna address it, then just hid it to brush it under the rug to receive less complaints. At least that’s how it feels it went down considering how frequent this topic used to come up when it was painfully obvious someone was a pause wanker
  • Jack2634Jack2634 Member Posts: 911 ★★★
    well , i hate it also , but hey , if it works , it works.
  • AverageDesiAverageDesi Member Posts: 5,260 ★★★★★
    DNA3000 said:

But we do have a way @DNA3000 . While not foolproof, the fight stats show gameplay time excluding pause time
  • ShevvelShevvel Member Posts: 185
    If your opponent does it maximum he can get is just 45k points. Take your time and finish your fight with full health.. you win..