Which Mystic to R5?

Mikes_momMikes_mom Member Posts: 140
Hi guys,

I just got mystic 4-5 gem & I need your advice.

1- I like Symbiote but I think I have better mystics.
2- I play ABS as a normal champ (no ninja moves) & like him.
3- I think Morningstar have the potential but she is not a top champ.
4- I love Jugs, easy to use & high damge.
5- I know Tigra is top of the top but not for my playing style.
6- I feel Chavez & Hood have a very high ceiling.
7- I don't care for the rest.

Thank you

Comments

• ZuroZuro Member Posts: 2,849 ★★★★★
    I'd personally go juggs or abs man. Although if you're good with tigra she is a solid option too
  • Darkraw346Darkraw346 Member Posts: 2,359 ★★★★★
    I've got a Mystic r5 gem and I'm gonna get my r1 Sym supreme all the way to r5
  • MagrailothosMagrailothos Member Posts: 5,886 ★★★★★
    I agree with @pseudosane although I would add that Hood really doesn't need that much skill, and is a solid option, too. Abs and Tigra need a lot of skill to maximise.

There's also fewer opponents that Hood can't take on; whereas Juggs has a lot of opponents in Science and Cosmic that he just can't take on because of them placing non-damaging debuffs all the time.

The best argument I can make for Hood though, is a question: do you have Kingpin?

If you do, then seriously consider Hood.
  • MagrailothosMagrailothos Member Posts: 5,886 ★★★★★
    edited October 2023
    Accidental double-post: ignore.
  • BulmktBulmkt Member Posts: 1,616 ★★★★
    Abs Man…
  • PT_99PT_99 Member Posts: 4,171 ★★★★★
    Tigra or can wait for Dr Doom because chances of him being 7* will be low.
  • SmallTimeANTSmallTimeANT Member Posts: 216
    Tigra and learn to play her. I have a r4 tigra and she downs those galans and Hulklings in mid 20s in battlegrounds. Yes it’s a learning curve but it’s a skill most players like myself had to learn about spacing and I’ve become a better player because of it. I highly recommend her as the investment will be worth it.
  • DrZolaDrZola Member Posts: 8,980 ★★★★★
    Juggs, although Tigra is super good even with a mid-level operator. If you can parry, heavy counter, occasionally intercept and just press the buttons, you can be pretty good with her.

Dr. Zola
  • PolygonPolygon Member Posts: 4,397 ★★★★★
    Juggs is a 7 star
  • Darkness275Darkness275 Member Posts: 849 ★★★★
    Mikes_mom said:

Hi guys,

I just got mystic 4-5 gem & I need your advice.

1- I like Symbiote but I think I have better mystics.
    2- I play ABS as a normal champ (no ninja moves) & like him.
    3- I think Morningstar have the potential but she is not a top champ.
    4- I love Jugs, easy to use & high damge.
    5- I know Tigra is top of the top but not for my playing style.
    6- I feel Chavez & Hood have a very high ceiling.
    7- I don't care for the rest.

Thank you

I'd recommend Absorbing Man or Tigra, because the investment will probably reinforce you learning their play styles which will improve your overall skill with the game. There is no situation where learning to reliably light intercept (Absorbing Man) won't benefit you and your ability to gauge distance and pacing of specials will really improve while playing as Tigra.

Your preferences seem to be for SS, Morningstar, Juggs and potentially Chavez/Hood.

Chavez and Juggs are available as 7* so it's really just asking yourself how you'd feel about using this gem on them and then immediately pulling them as a 7*?.

SS and Morningstar, don't concern yourselves with whether or not there are better champions. There will always be more powerful/better options than 99.9% of the champions in this game - if you enjoy them, rank them.

Hood - a great choice.

• captain_rogerscaptain_rogers Member Posts: 8,345 ★★★★★
    Symbiote supreme is the most fun to play character ever created... Rank him up and watch that sersi melting
  • OakenshieldOakenshield Member Posts: 2,098 ★★★★
    I R5’d my Abs Man ahead of my Doom and have no regrets at all (although I did R5 my Doom yesterday). As long as you can max out his sigs you can get a lot of his benefit without having to be a top skilled player. If you can’t invest the sigs then I’d agree with the rest on Juggs.