**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.

Should I awaken 5* HE and r4? Or just r4? or neither. Help!

RixobRixob Posts: 505 ★★
Hey guys so I am on the verge of retiring unless some cool stuff happens to my account lol. I have 10 5* and all of them are average or below. HE is very useful and hes already rank 3 undupe. I just need one more skill cat for rank 4, should I awaken and r4? just r4, or rank 5 my 4* CB

Comments

• ThawnimThawnim Posts: 1,461 ★★★★
    Rixob wrote: »
    Hey guys so I am on the verge of retiring unless some cool stuff happens to my account lol. I have 10 5* and all of them are average or below. HE is very useful and hes already rank 3 undupe. I just need one more skill cat for rank 4, should I awaken and r4? just r4, or rank 5 my 4* CB

That's a tough decision. I have unduped Hawkeye as a 3/45 and have not found a need to rank him up to rank 4. I instead am waiting to rank 4 a duped 5* to further increase my prestige.
  • RixobRixob Posts: 505 ★★
    I feel you bro but i am running out of patience, and i have alll content beat in the game except LoL @Thawnim
    cant beat it without r4 5*. My last pulls were trash literally no one else worth anything.
  • Mana_PotMana_Pot Posts: 235 ★★
    I'd say R4 worthy, but not worth an awakening gem. Save that.
  • ShrimkinsShrimkins Posts: 1,479 ★★★★
    I love my r4 HE. Probably one of the best decisions I've made.
  • TempestTempest Posts: 295
    Hawkeye is a VERY underrated champ. I consider him R4-worthy, in the same ranks as Hulk.... which is to say... yes, there are a handful that are MORE worthy, but he's a great option if you don't have anyone else that is worthy and if he'll be your first R4.
  • SaiyanSaiyan Posts: 727 ★★★★
    edited November 2017
    This is funny as I'm in the same damn boat as you OP. I have around the same number of 5*s and none awakened and my best out of the set is HE, Rocket and Yellowjacket. I did Act 5.3 100% a few days ago and got a Skill 5* awakening gem and was wondering the same as you. The only difference with me and you is my HE was alreasy at 4/55 for weeks now and boy was that the right choice. Power control is vital and few champs do it better than HE and the bleeds are great.

Now with that Skill gem I have AND with my luck I really wanna awaken him even tho I know it's a bad idea. Hell right after I beat 5.3 I poped the 5* crystal I got and it was a Classic Spiderman which does nothing for me and also made me more tempted to awaken HE as my 5* luck like yours is a$$ (and I'm 100% F2P so the grind is real and I can't buy gems and things like that).

Long story short, I choose not to and hope to get Gwenpool or Blade later on or if I get another skill awakening.

Oh and I took HE with the synergy with YJ, YJ again, Antman and Sup Iron Man (26% attack and alittle health) to LOL and against Red Hulk HE did just over 3/4 of his health before the enrage killed me and I used only SP2 and I wanted Rulk to have SP1's to bait out. HE CAN do LOL but oh boy good luck as his SP1 can be seen as a bad thing cuz you want the enemy to have specials to bait.
  • xNigxNig Posts: 7,249 ★★★★★
    Hawkeye doesn’t need to be awakened to be great.

I have a r4 one that was duped from crystal. Works very well. Strong bleed, good power control, decent damage. Only down side is crappy prestige.
  • Horror_punkHorror_punk Posts: 1,053 ★★★★
    Rixob wrote: »
    I feel you bro but i am running out of patience, and i have alll content beat in the game except LoL @Thawnim
    cant beat it without r4 5*. My last pulls were trash literally no one else worth anything.

I did LOL with 4*
    So that's not a valid argument that you can't do it without 4/55 champs
    Further Star Lord arena is coming so you can also get him if you don't have him yet
  • RixobRixob Posts: 505 ★★
    yeah my dude i aint using 2-3k units im a free player who doesnt have time for arena grinding so doing it with my 5/50 4* SL aint happening lol @Horror_punk
  • DaMunkDaMunk Posts: 1,883 ★★★★
    He's a great champ. Wish I had him as a 5*. Doesn't need to be awakened though.
  • Kamr05Kamr05 Posts: 208
    @Rixob same situation here. Kabam refuse to give me a 5 star dupe n I also have 10 five stars but none of them (except x-23) is worthy of r3. Running out of patience also lol