Options

7 star Joe

I just pulled 7 star Joe after doing some of the new Carina’s challenge - not sure how to feel. His kit description doesn’t make sense to me - anyone got any tips how to use him effectively?

Comments

• Options
    BENNYJBENNYJ Posts: 98

Hope this helps

That’s brilliant, thanks a lot
  • Options
    RiderofHellRiderofHell Posts: 4,417 ★★★★★
    There a combo where if you bout to die from DOT, he will regen fully back to health lol
  • Options
    IvarTheBonelessIvarTheBoneless Posts: 1,258 ★★★★
    The only thing I don't get is why a regular 5 hit combo (mlllm) gives you a heart and spades card? Seems like the game counts medium 3 lights as a combo ender. Can anyone shede light on this?
  • Options
    MarvelNoobMarvelNoob Posts: 929 ★★★★

The only thing I don't get is why a regular 5 hit combo (mlllm) gives you a heart and spades card? Seems like the game counts medium 3 lights as a combo ender. Can anyone shede light on this?

It doesn't, unless you dash back after a hit it isn't a combo ender
  • Options
    Colinwhitworth69Colinwhitworth69 Posts: 7,193 ★★★★★
    Try not to parry.
  • Options
    edited October 2023

It doesn't, unless you dash back after a hit it isn't a combo ender
    Except that it does. Ignore my first parry in the video, I do 2 normal mlllm combos in the video and always get hearts on the 3rd light.

[file format not allowed]

I wanted to upload a video but file format not allowed. I can try screenshotting the frames but it will be for tomorrow.

I checked it again frame by frame and it happens somewhere between the 4th and 5th hit. I don't get how I'm doing it cause I checked on youtube and I seem to be the only one it's happening to. I'll update with proof tomorrow.

• Options
    edited October 2023
    Okay so I finally found some time and screenshotted frame by frame from the moment I land my 3rd light (4th attack in my combo).

As you can see I get a heart card between photo 2 and 3 which is between my 4th and 5th hit. Immediately after I get a spade card too. Any help is much appreciated
  • Options
    HalleyHalley Posts: 387 ★★
    edited October 2023
    I think this way, not sure it's correct.
    Photo 2: you end at the 4th hit.
    Photo 3: Heart appears because 4th hit is Light. Then, you end with 5 hit-combo.
    Photo 4: Spade appears because 5th hit is Medium.

• Options
    edited October 2023
    I see what you mean but the thing is that the 4th hit isn't an end because I did a 5th medium hit which should be the combo ender.

I do a normal 5 hit combo mlllm and get a heart and a spade. When I see someone do the same 5 hit combo on youtube they only get spades. I'm trumped lol
  • Options
    Dirty_DozzDirty_Dozz Posts: 315 ★★★
    Halley said:

I think this way, not sure it's correct.
    Photo 2: you end at the 4th hit.
    Photo 3: Heart appears because 4th hit is Light. Then, you end with 5 hit-combo.
    Photo 4: Spade appears because 5th hit is Medium.

No, that wouldn't be it. You're only supposed to gain one suit per combo (either a Heart or a Spade). I've used him a lot in general, but I specifically tried several variations of combos since seeing this post, all ending with a Medium (like OP), and only ever get the Spade.
  • Options
    @Halley @Dirty_Dozz @MarvelNoob Okay so after some testing I figured it out. If you don't perform your combo perfectly timed then you can get a hearts card too. If you wait a millisecond between 3rd light and final medium you will get 2 cards in one combo. This also means that if you slow down your combo you're automatically getting it.

I don't know how useful it is but it probably has some use if you quickly need 2 heart and 2 spade cards to heal from your special attack :)
  • Options
    altavistaaltavista Posts: 1,306 ★★★★

If I need heals, I usually get two Hearts (finish a combo with a Light) and two Spades, and throw an SP2.

Wait, so for healing, its not 4 Hearts = max heal, but 2 hearts + 2 spades = max heal?
    And is this true for both duped and unduped or just the duped version?
  • Options
    altavista said:

If I need heals, I usually get two Hearts (finish a combo with a Light) and two Spades, and throw an SP2.

Wait, so for healing, its not 4 Hearts = max heal, but 2 hearts + 2 spades = max heal?
    And is this true for both duped and unduped or just the duped version?
    True for both versions. I think hearts heals for damage you do so I don't know what's optimal. 2 heart 2 spades gives damage for heals but 4 hearts gives more heals
  • Options
    UsagicassidyUsagicassidy Posts: 1,095 ★★★★
    edited October 2023
    So basically, don't Parry with Joe, right?

Edit: I mean, it's a lot more complicated than that, but I just mean generally you shouldn't Parry when you're using Joe if you want those other combos/effects.