**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.

7 star Joe

I just pulled 7 star Joe after doing some of the new Carina’s challenge - not sure how to feel. His kit description doesn’t make sense to me - anyone got any tips how to use him effectively?

Comments

• BENNYJBENNYJ Posts: 93

Hope this helps

That’s brilliant, thanks a lot
  • RiderofHellRiderofHell Posts: 4,356 ★★★★★
    There a combo where if you bout to die from DOT, he will regen fully back to health lol
  • IvarTheBonelessIvarTheBoneless Posts: 1,221 ★★★★
    The only thing I don't get is why a regular 5 hit combo (mlllm) gives you a heart and spades card? Seems like the game counts medium 3 lights as a combo ender. Can anyone shede light on this?
  • MarvelNoobMarvelNoob Posts: 792 ★★★

The only thing I don't get is why a regular 5 hit combo (mlllm) gives you a heart and spades card? Seems like the game counts medium 3 lights as a combo ender. Can anyone shede light on this?

It doesn't, unless you dash back after a hit it isn't a combo ender
  • Colinwhitworth69Colinwhitworth69 Posts: 7,124 ★★★★★
    Try not to parry.
    edited October 2023

It doesn't, unless you dash back after a hit it isn't a combo ender
    Except that it does. Ignore my first parry in the video, I do 2 normal mlllm combos in the video and always get hearts on the 3rd light.

[file format not allowed]

I wanted to upload a video but file format not allowed. I can try screenshotting the frames but it will be for tomorrow.

I checked it again frame by frame and it happens somewhere between the 4th and 5th hit. I don't get how I'm doing it cause I checked on youtube and I seem to be the only one it's happening to. I'll update with proof tomorrow.

edited October 2023
    Okay so I finally found some time and screenshotted frame by frame from the moment I land my 3rd light (4th attack in my combo).

As you can see I get a heart card between photo 2 and 3 which is between my 4th and 5th hit. Immediately after I get a spade card too. Any help is much appreciated
  • HalleyHalley Posts: 379 ★★
    edited October 2023
    I think this way, not sure it's correct.
    Photo 2: you end at the 4th hit.
    Photo 3: Heart appears because 4th hit is Light. Then, you end with 5 hit-combo.
    Photo 4: Spade appears because 5th hit is Medium.

edited October 2023
    I see what you mean but the thing is that the 4th hit isn't an end because I did a 5th medium hit which should be the combo ender.

I do a normal 5 hit combo mlllm and get a heart and a spade. When I see someone do the same 5 hit combo on youtube they only get spades. I'm trumped lol
  • Dirty_DozzDirty_Dozz Posts: 279 ★★★
    Halley said:

I think this way, not sure it's correct.
    Photo 2: you end at the 4th hit.
    Photo 3: Heart appears because 4th hit is Light. Then, you end with 5 hit-combo.
    Photo 4: Spade appears because 5th hit is Medium.

No, that wouldn't be it. You're only supposed to gain one suit per combo (either a Heart or a Spade). I've used him a lot in general, but I specifically tried several variations of combos since seeing this post, all ending with a Medium (like OP), and only ever get the Spade.
    @Halley @Dirty_Dozz @MarvelNoob Okay so after some testing I figured it out. If you don't perform your combo perfectly timed then you can get a hearts card too. If you wait a millisecond between 3rd light and final medium you will get 2 cards in one combo. This also means that if you slow down your combo you're automatically getting it.

I don't know how useful it is but it probably has some use if you quickly need 2 heart and 2 spade cards to heal from your special attack :)
  • altavistaaltavista Posts: 1,236 ★★★★

If I need heals, I usually get two Hearts (finish a combo with a Light) and two Spades, and throw an SP2.

Wait, so for healing, its not 4 Hearts = max heal, but 2 hearts + 2 spades = max heal?
    And is this true for both duped and unduped or just the duped version?
    altavista said:

If I need heals, I usually get two Hearts (finish a combo with a Light) and two Spades, and throw an SP2.

Wait, so for healing, its not 4 Hearts = max heal, but 2 hearts + 2 spades = max heal?
    And is this true for both duped and unduped or just the duped version?
    True for both versions. I think hearts heals for damage you do so I don't know what's optimal. 2 heart 2 spades gives damage for heals but 4 hearts gives more heals
  • UsagicassidyUsagicassidy Posts: 957 ★★★★
    edited October 2023
    So basically, don't Parry with Joe, right?

Edit: I mean, it's a lot more complicated than that, but I just mean generally you shouldn't Parry when you're using Joe if you want those other combos/effects.