7* Guardian

Viper198787Viper198787 Member Posts: 592 ★★★★
Hey all,

I just pulled a 7* Guardian from the basic pool and I’m not sure how to feel. I see a lot of great things about him…. 2 years ago, but not a whole lot recently. Has he fallen off a lot or is he still good? I don’t know much about him offensively as I didn’t have him as a 6*. Thanks in advance for any advice.

Comments

• MiniMFMiniMF Member Posts: 848 ★★★★
    needs dupe high sig. still good in bg defender tho i assume
  • MagrailothosMagrailothos Member Posts: 5,879 ★★★★★
    He's actually going to be okay for you - useful but not groundbreaking.

I think you'll find him better offensively than defensively.

He can parry projectiles, which is useful against Ebony Maw and Baron Zemo
    Doesn't crit; which is useful against Kitty.
    Decent armour and block Proficiency.

Really good shock damage on SP2 if you play slow and launch it with 3+ Forcefield charges.
    Especially if you've got a 4-star (or higher) Hulkbuster relic for him - use the Shock Repulsors for additional damage.
  • PolygonPolygon Member Posts: 4,393 ★★★★★
    edited October 2023
    Im gonna be blunt but the high sig is needed. Yes hes still a nuke unduped, but why not just use an even better nuke like Rocket at that point. (If we’re talking BGs)

Don’t really need him as a nuke, when so many 7 stars can do that for you in BGs, Gamora is another one
  • Milan1405Milan1405 Member Posts: 952 ★★★★
    The problem with 7 star even rank 2 guardian is that a 6 star rank 5 sig 200 will be far superior, and probably more useful that even a 7 star rank 3 sig 20
  • Viper198787Viper198787 Member Posts: 592 ★★★★

He's actually going to be okay for you - useful but not groundbreaking.

I think you'll find him better offensively than defensively.

He can parry projectiles, which is useful against Ebony Maw and Baron Zemo
    Doesn't crit; which is useful against Kitty.
    Decent armour and block Proficiency.

Really good shock damage on SP2 if you play slow and launch it with 3+ Forcefield charges.
    Especially if you've got a 4-star (or higher) Hulkbuster relic for him - use the Shock Repulsors for additional damage.

I appreciate the breakdown and the recommendation of the HB relic. I suppose I’ll level him up and give him a go.